Chapter 13

Ambers POV

I looked out the window and I saw Austins car drive off. I heard someone open my door.

"I'm going to work. I left food downstairs if you want it." Mom said.

"I'm not hungry." I replied.

"What happened? How was Austins mom?" She sat on my bed. I turned around and started crying. I hugged her.

"Mom, Austins going on tour next month." I sobbed in her shoulders.

"You shouldn't be crying ..." She looked at me. "You should be happy."

"I know but we don't have enough time together." I said.

"Then make some time. Every minute counts. Spend time with Austin." She got up. "Have some fun ..." She walked to the door. She turned to me " ... Don't have too much fun if you know what I mean." I smiled and she walked out to go to work.

I guess I shouldn't be mad after all. I should be happy for him.

Next morning I woke up and I felt really happy. Mom came home this morning and cooked eggs. The eggs tasted good. She was talking about her work then all of a sudden I hear the doorbell ring. I looked at mom. "Go ahead" She said

I dropped my fork and ran to the door. It was Austin. He had a black trukfit hoodie on, blue jeans, jordans, and a black beanie. His hands were in his pocket. Before he said anything I hugged him. He took his hands out of his pockets and hugged me tight. His head rested on my shoulder.

I hear Austin say to my mom "Hi Ms.McAllen"

"Hi Austin" My mom replied. I let him go.

"I am so sorry Austin. I overacted. I'm so sorry." I confessed. He looked up at me and licked his lips.

"I should've told you earlier. IM sorry." He replied. The sunlight shined the back of his head and I can see the dark brown outline of his hair. His eyes shined brighter than the sun outside. Hes perfect. He leaned close to me and hugged me even tighter.

"I'm sorry amber. I really am." He smelled really good. Austin hugged me tighter. He sighed then said "Would you like to go to the beach?" He pulled away from the hug, still holding onto my arms.

"Would you?" He asked again. I don't know if I should. I don't want to leave my mom alone. I tried looking back at my mom but Austin was still holding onto me. His eyebrows rose and he smiled like he wanted me to go. He let go of me and looked down.