Chapter 46

Ambers POV

I finally got home from the 3 hour drive. For some reason I'm sleepy and I just want to go to sleep.

I ran upstairs and plopped on my bed. As I was beginning to go to sleep I hear someone calling my name. I got off of my bed and went downstairs.

It was my mom. She s sitting on the couch.

"So what happened to Alex?" She's concerned. I sat next to her.

"Oh he broke his leg. Its nothing.." I said.

"Mom I'm really tired. I'm gonna go back to sleep." I got up from the couch and started walking upstairs.

"Austin called." She said quickly. I stopped and looked at her.

"What?" I said.

"Austin called." She said again.

I started walking back downstairs.

"I know .. you said that. When did he call?" I said excited. I sat back on the couch.

"Where's the home phone?" I ask her. She stood up and took the phone and held it.

"Oh he just called like 10 minutes ago." She said calmly.

"Mom give me the phone!" I got up and reached for the phone in her hand but she pulled it away.

"Why do you want to phone?" She asks me. I sat back down.

"I dont know..."

"But I need it!" I shouted. I reached for the phone again but she pulled away.

"Are you going to call him?" She said while giving me the phone.

"No I'm not." I scrolled down the recent callers but Austin didn't called.

"Wait. I thought you said Austin called." I looked up at mom confused.

"He didn't." She said.

"I'm confused. So did he call?" I ask her again.

"He didn't call." I stared at the phone.

"Amber..." I looked up at her.

"Remember... you broke up with him." She reminded me.

"I know that you still have feeling for him. But let him go." She patted my back.