The ex

Thank you to parislove2121 for suggesting this.

"Don't worry. It's going to be fine. I just want to be friends with her." Mark said reassuring his boyfriend Jack. The doorbell rang and Mark stood up kissing Jack on his forehead.

Mark had decided to invite his ex over to talk. Jack was nervous about having her over. He was scared of losing Mark to her. Mark answered the door smiling. "Hi Sarah!" Mark said bringing her into a hug. Jack stood up and walked over to him as they pulled away from the hug.

He grabbed onto Marks arm resting his head on his shoulder. "Oh I'm sorry. This is Jack my boyfriend." Jack waved his hand smiling. "Nice to meet you." She said smiling back. "Come on in make yourself at home." Mark said moving to the side letting her in.

"Thank you." She said smiling walking to the couch sitting down. "Promise me nothing will happen." Jack said standing in front of him with his arm around his waist. "I promise nothing will happen." He said smiling. He pulled him into a sweet kiss as Jack smiled through the kiss.
~~~
Jack stood in the kitchen looking at Mark and Sarah sitting on the couch laughing. He sighed and turned around opening the fridge grabbing a big bottle of wine. He walked over to the front door walking out without Mark realizing it. He started to walk down the block not caring where he was heading. He opened the wine drinking a mouth full each time.

He made it to the park a little down from their house and sat down on some steps drinking some more wine.
~~~
As Sarah was talking Mark was looking around for Jack. "I'm sorry, but I don't see Jack. I'll be right back. I'm going to go see if he's upstairs." She nodded as she rested into the couch. Mark walked upstairs looking for Jack. He walked into every room looking for him.

He walked to the very last room and held his hand on the door knob hoping to find him in his recording room. He opened the door looking everywhere and not finding him. He started to panic and quickly walked out the room. He walked down the stairs grabbing his jacket and keys.

"Did you find him?" Mark shook his head putting on his shoes and jacket. "I'm sorry, but you have to go. I have to go find him." He opened the door as she stood up from the couch walking to the front door. "I get it and I hope we can do this again, but without Jack disappearing." Mark nodded his head as she walked out.

He walked out of the house locking the door and going to his car. He got into the car and turned it on. He started to drive down the road looking for him with his mind and heart racing. He finally made it to the park seeing Jack sitting on a couple of steps with his head down and a bottle of wine in his hand.

Mark pulled the car over and turned it off. He walked out of the car over to Jack. He bent down in front of him as he looked up showing his red eyes.

"Oh thank god your okay." Mark said bringing Jack into a hug. Jack didn't hug back and just sat there. Mark pulled back noticing he wasn't hugging him back. "What's wrong?" A tear ran down Jack's face as he was taking another sip from the wine. Mark grabbed the bottle before he could take another sip. "What's wrong? Why did you just leave?" He asked wiping the tear away.

"Your were talking to Sarah and I didn't want to intrude on your great conversation. Now if you don't mind I'd like to finish that." He said trying to grab the wine. Mark pulled away the wine making sure he couldn't get it.

"I'm not letting you have anymore of this." He stood up and walked to a nearby trash can. He threw the bottle away and walked back over to Jack. "Come on let's get you home." He said bending down picking him up and carrying him to the car. He set him in the passenger seat and put on his seat belt. He walked over to the drivers seat and was about to put the keys in when Jack grabbed onto his arm.

"I'm not going.....back there if s-she is there." He said stumbling over his words a little bit. "Sean she isn't there and I told you nothing happened and nothing was going to happen. I love you and nothing will change that." Jack let go of Mark's arm and let out a sigh relaxing into the seat.
~~~
Mark parked in the driveway and saw Jack asleep in the passenger seat. He smiled and got out of the car. He opened Jack's door taking off his seat belt and picked him up. He carried him inside the house. As he was walking upstairs Jack mumbled something under his breath. Mark stopped and looked to his shoulder looking at him.

"What?" He said softly. "I love you Mark." He said a little louder this time. Mark smiled. "I love you too princess." Mark said kissing Jack's forehead. He kept walking upstairs carrying him. He walked into the bedroom and laid him down on the bed pulling the covers over him.

He was about to walk out the door when Jack whined. Mark turned around seeing Jack with his eyes open making grabby hands. "I'm going to go get you some medicine for the morning I'll be right back." Jack sighed and dropped his arms on the bed closing his eyes.
~~~
Mark walked back into the room seeing Jack laying on the bed with his back facing him. Mark set the medicine on the bed side table in front of Jack. He walked back over to the other side of the bed laying down wrapping his arms around Jack's waist pulling him close to his chest. Jack turned around scooting closer to him. Mark buried his face into Jack's hair as Jack buried his face in Mark's chest.