Soldier

Thank you to Irongirl64 for suggesting this.

Jack has been married with Mark for about 6 years. In those six years Mark had been out serving the country for 3 years. Jack hoped one day Mark would come back safe and sound. There wasn't a moment in the day he didn't think and hope Mark would come home.
~~~
He was walking back home from working at the cafe crying. Every once in a while Jack would think that Mark wouldn't be coming home. He wiped some of the tears away as he got closer to his apartment. He pulled out his keys and unlocked his door. He looked up and saw his and Marks shared apartment still empty and how he left it in the morning.

He closed the door behind him and cried more. He leaned his back on the door and covered his face with his hands. He scooted down the door and sat down. "Why is my beautiful princess crying?" Jack gasped and uncovered his face. He looked up and saw Mark standing in the hallway in his uniform. Jack quickly stood up and ran to Mark.

He wrapped his arms and legs around Mark holding onto him tightly. Mark laughed as he kissed his neck. "I love you." Jack whispered as tears ran down his face. "I love you too." Mark heard Jack sniffling and set him down. "Why are you crying?" Jack looked up at Mark smiling as Mark wiped away his tears.

"I'm just so glad your here." Mark smiled and brought him into a kiss. Jack's smile grew wider as he wrapped his arms around his neck deepening the kiss. Mark broke the kiss and cupped his cheek. "Let's go lay down my feet are killing me." Jack laughed and ran his fingers through Marks hair staring into his eyes.

"Can you carry me?" Mark laughed and picked him up. Jack took off Marks hat and placed it on his own head. "You like my hat?" Jack nodded his head smiling. They made it to the bedroom and Mark set Jack on the bed. Jack took off the hat and placed it on his bedside table. He crawled behind him and laid down. He wrapped his arms around Jacks waist holding him closer to his chest. "Don't you have one more year?" Jack asked holding onto his hand.

"No this was my last year." Jack smiled as Mark held onto him tighter. "So I'm all yours." Mark said kissing his neck. "Yay!" Mark laughed and closed his eyes.
~~~
An hour passed and Mark had fallen asleep, but Jack couldn't fall asleep. He started playing with Marks hand. Mark grabbed onto his hand and slowly woke up. "Did you fall asleep?" Jack shook his head and stared out the window. "Why not?" Mark asked concerned. "I didn't feel tired." Mark didn't believe him. "What was the real reason?" Jack sighed and stared down at their hands.

"Because I don't want to fall asleep and then wake up and find you gone again." Mark sighed and let go of his hand. He turned him around and brought him into a kiss. "I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying home." Mark said as he broke the kiss. Jack smiled and his eyes started to water. Mark pulled him against his chest and rubbed his back. He cried against Marks chest.

"Please promise me you won't leave." Jack said against his chest. "I promise. I'm not going to leave." Mark kissed the top of his head rubbing his back.