Scientist

Thank you to GamerGirl424 for suggesting this.

Mark was trying to create a new species of humans. He had been working on this project for about a year now, and he has tinkered with many ingredients to try to create the new life form. He now had many different animals and people in his lab. He of course took care of them, but sometimes they would only last a couple days or weeks and he would have to see what killed them. The longest one of his experiments had lived was for half a year. He finally figured out the ingredients and mixed them together. He placed the experiment in a cool area. He grabbed a nearby chair and sat across from it.

"Hey Mark everyone is clocking out. Are you staying here or going to leave last and lock up?" Bob asked standing at the entrance of the lab. "I'll be staying here tonight to make sure Sean is okay." Bob nodded his head and walked out of the lab. Mark stood up and walked out of the lab walking to the front door.

He locked it and saw Bob drive off. He sighed and walked over to the break room. He walked over to the coffee maker and opened the cupboard. He pulled out the coffee. He was about to place the coffee in the coffee maker when he heard something hitting the floor. He looked around the room and saw no one. He heard the noise again and placed the coffee down. He walked back to the lab and saw a man with green and brown hair on the floor trying to get up. The man looked up with his blue eyes up at Mark smiling.

"Can you help me please." He asked with a thick Irish accent. Mark nodded his head and walked over to him. He saw he had no legs and instead had a fishtail. He looked back up at Mark. "Yea. No legs." Mark looked down at his face and laughed awkwardly. "S-Sorry." Mark picked him up and walked him over to the bathtub.

He wrapped his arms around Mark's neck as Mark turned on the tub filling it with cold water. The tub was finally filled up and Mark set him down carefully. "Thank you..um." Mark stood up and walked over to the towels. "My names Mark and I'm guessing your Sean." Sean shrugged his shoulders. "I guess. If that's what you named me." Mark smiled and grabbed a chair pulling it to the side of the tub.

He sat down laying his elbows on his legs examining Sean. "Like what you created?" Sean asked laughing laying his arms on the side of the tub. "Not exactly what I wanted to create, but yea I like what I created." Mark said smiling. He looked into Sean's eyes. "What did you mean to create?" Sean asked as Mark leaned back in his chair. "A new species of humans, but I think I mixed up an ingredient." Mark sighed thinking of which ingredient he had mixed up.

"I have another question." He said snapping Mark out of his thoughts. Mark hummed in response. "How long am I going to be in a tub?" Mark thought for a moment. "I can try to get a pool in a couple days, but I have to wait and see how long you live." Jack sighed and looked down at his green and blue tail. "Okay. I get it." Jack leaned against the back of the tub staring up at the ceiling.
~~~
Mark walked into the lab and heard Sean splashing in the pool at the back of the lab. He smiled and signed in. He finished and walked over to the pool seeing Sean swimming around in the pool. He crossed his arms and laid them on the edge of the pool and watched Sean swim towards him. He came up from the water and moved the hair out of his face. "Hi Mark." He said looking in Mark's eyes.

"Hi Sean. How are you feeling?" Mark asked smiling. "Better now that your here." Mark moved Sean's hair out of his face looking into his eyes. Mark knew he shouldn't get so close to one of his experiments, but Sean was different. Even though he was a merman he had fallen hard for him. He didn't know if Sean felt the same, but he wanted to hold him and make sure he was okay and for him to be his.

"Mark?" Sean asked swimming closer to Mark snapping him out of his thoughts. "You okay? You sort of zoned out there." Mark smiled gently and nodded his head. "Yea I'm fine I was just thinking." Sean swam closer to him. "What were you thinking about?" Mark put the top of his fingers in the water swishing them around. "Someone. Nothing important." Sean tilted his head and laid on his back swimming under Mark's face smiling.

"Who's the lucky man?" Mark laughed and continued to look at his hand in the water. "A person I will never have a chance with." Sean's smile faded and went in front of Mark. Sean took in a deep breath and quickly swam up to Mark cupping his cheek kissing him. Mark was taken by surprise, but soon realized what was happening and kissed back.

Mark heard the door open and quickly pulled away from the kiss. He looked over to the door and saw his boss Ross. "Hi sir." Sean blushed and swam down the pool. "I need to know your progress on your experiment Sean." Mark nodded his head and grabbed the clipboard. He walked over to him and handed him the clipboard. Ross read the clipboard and saw he had been alive for almost two years and was healthy and ate regularly.

"Keep him alive and I'll forget what I saw." Ross said with a smirk and walked out the lab. Mark smirked and blushed. He walked back over to the pool and didn't see Sean. He sighed and leaned his back against the pool. Sean swam up and wrapped his arms around Mark kissing his neck. "Did you get in trouble?" Mark turned around kissing Sean's forehead. "Nope. He said to keep you alive and he won't say a word." Sean smiled and kissed Mark.