3- Neighbors.

When the month was over I went back to New York wanting so badly to move to Los Angeles, but I didn't. I changed things at home. When I was with Ryan, we lived at his house, so I just decided to move back to my apartment.

I got new furniture, sheets, changed the color of the walls of my room. I also got the same people who did that, to fix my office. I got everything cleaned and got some new stuff. I felt like I needed a change. While I was off I made my father put some guy he trusts, over me. I told him I needed the time. He just, surprisingly, understood what I asked and didn't say anything else.

Instead mom came over, stayed for like two days, we talked, a lot. I talked to Leah also, but she wasn't in town. I was off for over a month and three weeks. Never mentioning to them why, the real deal.

The last week off I went shopping. Got a lot of clothes, different from my normal taste. If I'm changing everything around me, why not the actual me? so yeah, I did it. Clothes, heels, shoes in general, makeup, jewelry, shades, a little bit of everything...I felt alive again. I got highlights. My hair used to be dark, long and straight, I got a nice haircut and was so ready to go back.

I was ready to rock the world again, because I thought, why would I let my life be ruined by some idiot who didn't know I was worth more than that? I was so wrong. I didn't know how much more I was worth. One of the most important thing I could've learned is that you have to know your value. You have to know when to stop things, even though sometimes we don't realize it... and mess it up.

When I arrived at the office for the first time after all that had happened, I put on a pencil skirt and a loose crop top, high heels, shades and my bag. The last time I wore shades was when Ryan slapped me.

I went in and I felt like a shining star walking around. As I said, I felt alive. Just when I thought that could never happen again. It'd be the first time I was coming into the office without having to cover myself in makeup trying to hide the marks he left. Just thinking about it makes me gasp.

I went in the elevator, God i fear them. I play it cool every time I get in them. People were shocked to see me there and see me looking like that. Not that I used to dress like a nun before, but it was not this good. When I arrived to my floor, everybody was there expecting me like if they knew I was coming. I'm sure that was my dad who told them. They were surprised to see me looking different.

I greeted them all and made my way to my office. I had a bouquet of flowers sitting on my desk with a little note saying "welcome back, Jen!" from the team. I smiled at the card and started working. The office was really pretty, it kind of needed the redecoration.

The next day I went out to have lunch. I contacted Leah, to meet me at a restaurant near the area. I was just getting there when I saw her giving her car keys to the valet parking guy. She was wearing leather leggings with a leather jacket, some louboutins and a white blouse with her sunglasses and red lips.

"you better take care of my car" she said finally giving the keys to the man "thanks" she flashed a smile.

"Lee!" I said to get her attention
"oh darling, you're here" she turned around, "Jennifer? but... what's happened to you?"

I may know what she's talking about. It's been almost two months since we'd seen each other. When I broke up with Ryan she was here but when I came back she was traveling because of work and so we hadn't see each other in a long time.

I was wearing a black tight dress with some high heels and a jacket. My makeup was soft but my lips were in a "dark" tone. So I'm guessing that's what she's talking about. Oh well, I'm a whole new me? definitely.