16- Last night.

Some days have passed and I haven't felt the way I felt that night when Gino and I were going to have sex. I'm not sure why it is, or if it has something to do with Gino. How he was handling it or if it was just me, or both. I wasn't sure.

I opened his door without knocking "Board meeting, now" I said as I walked away right after.

We sat down for over an hour. More paperwork. That's great.

Hannah was there also. It's weird that she made such an entrance and now she's been quite and just minding her business. I guess after all my dad was right and she wasn't going to cause any trouble. He said she was a whole lot different when it came to work. Surprising.

"Jen" "Michael, What's up?" "How's everything?" "hm...Everything's good" I gave him a closed smile. "Do you want to come out with me tonight...for dinner?" he said and I felt how my heart stopped. Gino was right behind him and I'm pretty sure he heard. I quickly looked over his shoulder, he was just picking some things up. I didn't want to be rude with Michael, I was trying to look for some kind way but, I didn't know how to say no.

"I..." "So Jen, are you ready for the thing we are doing tonight?" Gino said making me more nervous. He was trying to help me. "yes? I mean yeah yes, oh gosh, I totally forgot. Michael, I can't tonight. I'm sorry" I said and Gino walked over.

I saw how Michael eyed Gino with a not so friendly look. "It's okay...Maybe next time" he said still looking at Gino. "Sure" I said and Gino nodded. I walked away. I literally ran to my office. After some seconds Gino came in.

"You're welcome" he said. "That thing we have tonight? I know it's something you just made up to save my ass, thank you, but...It sounded like if we are going -I don't know..." I said, thinking many things. "Like what?" he said, "Come on, what were you going to say?" He insisted  "Like if we were going out to do some couple stuff. But that's just me, it's stupid. Drop it" he looked at me and smiled and I could say he actually tried laughing but I gave him a look and he stopped.

"Do you wanna go to the movies with me tonight?" the preposition caught me off guard. "Oh...that...I'd like that" I was so happy. He smiled. "You look like a little kid" he said, "What does it mean?" "You're excited" I bit my lip, "it's just the movies" I teased moving my hands, "You're going with me" he said making a move so he was closer, "So it's special and exciting" "If you say so" he lifted my face and peeked my lips. "I'll see you later. I'll pick you up at your door at eight" he said leaving.

The truth is that I was excited. I love these kind of things. Going out together. Not a big thing just to the movies and just spend time together. I like his company. I feel good about it. I feel good when I'm with him.

At seven thirty I was finishing applying mascara. I was wearing tight blue jeans with a black blouse and black heels. I let my hair down and it had some natural curls.

I heard the doorbell and when I opened he was standing there. I was getting used to his face, to his presence.

"Read- wow..." I smiled. "you look...beautiful...But...Are you sure you wanna wear heels to the cinema?" I nodded. "Why not?" "I don't know, you could get tired from walking" "It's alright. I got it" "Shall we go now?" I nodded, grabbed my purse and we left.

On the way to the cinema I turned the radio on and one of my favorites songs was playing.

Some nerve you have
To break up my lonely
And tell me you want me
How dare you march into my heart
Oh, how rude of you
To ruin my miserable
And tell me I'm beautiful
'Cause I wasn't looking for love, no
Nobody asked you to get me attached to you
In fact you tricked me
And I wasn't trying to fall in love but, boy, you pushed me
So all that I'm asking
Is that you handle me with caution
'Cause I don't give myself often
But I guess I'll try today...