44- Confessions.

I opened my eyes trying to cover my face from the sun rays leaking through the curtains. I rolled to the other side of the bed to avoid it and found myself placing my leg over Leah's. The action woke her up.

"Well...good morning to you too" she groaned. I just came even closer and hugged her from behind. She laughed. "She's moving!!" She nearly screamed making me jump, "What!?" "The baby!" "Shit, you scared me...Where?" "Here" she looked for my hand and placed it on her belly pushing slightly with hers on top.

"Oh my god. Does it hurt?" "No, not really, it just feels like...someone moving inside of you" she said's and I laughed. "Woah, really? It's not like there's actually someone moving inside of you, right?" We both laughed. "I don't know, Jen. It feels weird but good...it's great. The first time it happened I cried. It all became real" she said and started stroking my hand.

"This is crazy" I said. "What?" "This, us- we are both pregnant." "I told you, we would do things together for the rest of our lives. And now our kids are gonna be best friends and the legacy continues" She said and I smiled. "I love you, thanks for everything" I kissed her shoulder and rested my head close to her. "You're so random. I love you too" she said.

After some minutes I heard my sister yelling letting us know that breakfast was ready. I got up and went to the bathroom before going downstairs.

We ate breakfast and I decided to go with Kate to see how the company was. It was Friday and she planned on going out tonight so we could meet her new lover. I spent the day with her just looking around and seeing how everything works.

New York is beautiful, and the offices there are great, I couldn't deny that...but nothing compared to these. I wanted to move as soon as I entered the building. Such a beautiful place. The view, the people, the work places, everything.

Gino called in the middle of the day asking how I felt and saying how much he missed me. My heart couldn't take such a thing. He was the sweetest and judging by how he acted and how he had shown me he was, part of me didn't really think he was going to leave me when he found out I was pregnant. I wasn't truly sure why I was so scared. Perhaps I thought he was going to get aggressive ...and by that I mean, he could act like Ryan when he didn't like something I did for him. I just...had a lot in my mind. Endless possibilities.

When it was time for us to leave we went home and changed our clothes. I put on a salmon crop top with a white pencil skirt and heels. I put my hair in a bun and applied some makeup. I didn't know how the weather was in there and Kate told it depended on the day but I needed to bring my jacket just in case.

Like an hour and a half after, we were at the table waiting for Kate's new boyfriend, I didn't even know if he was actually her boyfriend, but an hour after he called saying he couldn't make it. She sounded really disappointed but he promised to come over the weekend. We had dinner and then headed back home. The rest of the week went by the same way. Her lover never appeared. Gino continued calling but I had some hours without taking any of his calls. My baby was starting to grow, you could barely see a thing but as the day passed I could feel it. Not the whole thing yet, but I did.

It was Friday and we were having a little "girls confessions night". Sarah was supposed to leave the night after.

I guess I felt prepared to tell them I was pregnant. I needed to let it out. It was killing me.

"Okay so who starts?" Kate asked sitting on the carpet near the sofa in the middle of the living room while sipping her glass of white wine.

"I will" Sarah said, "Okay so, hmmm...God this is so embarrassing" "Come on!!" I told her, "Okay so, first of all things with Arnold are better...so the other day Arnold and I were..." "We get it" I said, "And he started kissing the way down my stomach and when he was about to move to my private place I stopped him..." I looked at her confused and she covered her face, "Oh my god...you...I mean he hasn't...?" and I pointed at my 'private place' making a face, "Not actually...or the kind of sex that's from behind. That's why he's kind of mad a me. We were supposed to go through divorce, well, I had that idea but we fixed things...and then this happened. I just...I don't know I'm kind of worried, maybe?"

I couldn't hold my laugh and started laughing harder than I was supposed. Leah and Kate joined me and Sarah looked embarrassed. "Yeah well, thanks, y'all are a hell of a big help" she rolled her eyes. "It's okay, there's nothing you need to worry about...But you sure as hell are missing a lot" Leah said making a face, "You just need to let him. You'll thank me" Leah  winked at her. "What she said" I nodded smirking.

"My turn" Kate said. "I've done it so many times with this guy. I feel like I'm obsessed with him" she said that letting herself fall on the floor which made us all laugh. "Disgusting!!!!!" I threw. A pillow at her and continued laughing. "We gotta meet that guy already he's been suspicious for over a week" Leah said. She nodded. "You will I promise"

I looked at Leah waiting for her approval and she held my hand and nodded, I nodded back and spoke. "Okay my turn..." I said letting go of Leah's hand placing it over my forehead looking for the right words. Leah placed a hand on my thigh.

"I'm pregnant" that's all I could said.

I looked down at my fingers and they covered their mouths. "Are you serious?" Sarah asked coming closer, "Mhm" I said trying not to get teary. I took a deep breath. "Gino's the father...right?" she asked. And that was the last thing I needed. I started crying. "Y-y-yes he is" "Ow baby it's okay, it's okay" Leah said holding me in her arms.

"We didn't plan this to happen. He doesn't know anything about it. I decided to run here because I didn't know how to tell him. That's the reason I'm here and that's the reason why I'll stay here for a while." I said sobbing.

"Oh my god but Jennifer you need to tell him. He's the father" Sarah said. "I can't, not now. I don't want him to leave" "So you decided to leave him instead?" Kate softly said. I closed my eyes. "Look I haven't been there but I've heard a lot. Even mom thinks he's the one for you, and you know that's not easy for her to say it" "Did she really?" "Yes. I was surprised. She's never said that before" "He's a great guy. I told her already she needed to tell him, I'm sure he will love it. He's not the kind of man who acts childish and does immature stuff like leaving someone he loves for being pregnant. He's a man" Leah said. "I don't know. I don't know what to do. I guess I will tell him but I'm not brave enough" "Oh quit the Bullshit, you know you can do it...Please, you know you need him more than ever right now. You love him Jen. Give him a chance" Leah said stroking my back. I just continued crying.

*

"Now I feel how you felt when you told Angelo" I said as Leah placed her book down and took her glasses off. She smiled softly.

"I...Angelo got mad because I left. We were discussing where we would live and I couldn't stand it, he wanted me to move to LA and I just...left the apartment and the last thing he knew was that I was coming here with an indeterminate date of return" She said and laid back on her pillow. "Oh...so we kind of ran away" I said laughing a little. She nodded. "Things are gonna get better" I moved to her and cuddled up to her chest. She hugged me. "I hope so. I didn't know this could get this complicated. I was one of those who said I would end things once they got complicated like this...but look at me" she sighed. "Why can it be easy? Just once in my life..." she said and it was like if she was talking about both of us, I could understand her pain.

After that emotional night I was left with so many things in my head. I checked my phone and had like a thousand calls and messages from him. I started reading them and fell asleep halfway.

___________

Aw :(

VOTE VOTE VOTE.

Thanks for reading.