22- Babygirl.

The next day I woke up naked in bed. I was really tired. Instead of Gino there was a note.

"Gone to work, I'll see you later. I love you" My heart skipped a beat everytime. I checked my phone and it was nine o'clock. "Oh fuck!" I got quickly ready and headed to work. That morning went by smoothly 'till lunch time when Leah came for me.

"Are you ready?" "No, not actually" "I told you I would come for you today." oh god it's already Friday. "Shit..." "Everything's alright?" Gino came in, "Hey Leah!" "Hi love. Jennifer is not ready and we need to be heading to the airport already" "I didn't know I had to go in the middle of the day, I have to work" "No, you don't. It is okay, you can go, it's all covered" Gino calmly smiled.

I didn't actually wanted to leave. I don't feel good leaving work just like that. "Alright...Leah give me a second, could you?" "Okay I'll wait for you outside. See you soon, Gino" he waved at her.

"I hope you have the best time" he said coming closer, "Go and enjoy your weekend." "It's not gonna be fun without you, can't you just come with me?" I pouted. "I have to work. But I'll see what I can do" "Alright, then I guess I'll see you soon" I kissed him softly. "Your kisses are addictive" I whispered not opening my eyes, leaning my forehead on his. He really is. It's been hard for me to understand why leaving him for a weekend was such a big deal. I guess I was really attached.

He walked over to my desk and grabbed my purse, "Here, you need to go already." "I don't-" "Jennifer" his tone was firm and bossy, I love it, it's so sexy. "Fine!" I made a face and took my purse from his hands. "Please send me pictures of you with that bikini on or...off" He shrugged. I giggled. "I will!" Our lips met once more before I pulled away, "I'll see later, baby" I whispered. He nodded. When I walked out he softly slapped my booty and I turned around in response. "I had to" he shrugged his shoulder. I finally walked out and drove to my place.

I had the doorman helping me with my luggage while I changed my clothes into tight blue jeans and a loose crop top and some wedges.

Hours later we were in Los Angeles. "Did you tell any of this to my parents?" I asked Leah, "No, I didn't, it's just you and me" "Alright good" I texted Gino that we arrived and he replied right away.

"My lips are missing yours" I smiled.

"I miss you too"

I walked inside my hotel room and fell in love. It was so luxurious, and the view was breathtaking. You could see the ocean.

I called Gino.
"Hi baby! We got here safe, everything's alright" I smiled looking through the window. "I'm glad to hear that. Do you like the place?" "Mhm, I wish you were here, it's so beautiful and romantic" I said and walked over the bed. "I wish I was there too but someone has to take care of this mess you left in here" he laughed. "Oh my god" "Don't panic, i'm just kidding, everything's under control. I'm about to get on a meeting, I'm working on something I'll let you know later when it's more...advanced" "Alright, baby, I'll talk to you later, I love you" "I love you too" he hung up.

Leah was staying in another room. She told me I needed some time for myself. I really did. I slept the rest of the afternoon and by nine I got ready to have dinner and some drinks with Leah. I put on a loose black dress and had my hair in a ponytail with some sandals.

"I promise I'll wake up early tomorrow and we will spend the whole day at the beach. I was really tired. I needed to rest"
"It's okay, this trip is all for you, so you can literally do whatever you want to. But you're right, tomorrow is beach day" she laughed.

"You and Gino...tell me about you guys" she asked. I took a sip from my cocktail and spoke, "I am in love..." her eyes were wide open. "Oh my god!!" I smiled nervously. "At first when I realized it made me mad. I couldn't believe I was falling again. After all I said, but you know... As we grow older, things change for us. We used to fear certain things when we were little, and then we start getting over it. We learn how not to fear them anymore, only experiences can help us do that. Ryan was a mistake, clearly, but I'm glad I knew how to ended it. I think I've learned how to accept things and get over them and how to properly welcome the new opportunities life has to offer." I said playing with the glass on my hands. "Woah, Jen" I smiled and then laughed softly. "It's just the truth. I love him, Leah. And you know how hard that is for me. He makes me feel safe." I said, "Your eyes are shining brighter than any other time I've seen them...Maybe similar to when you see food, but more" she said making me laugh. "I feel good. It's a great feeling" I replied, "Perhaps...-I just wanna enjoy this, right now, then we will see, anything could happen" I added. "You know...I'm reconsidering moving with Angelo" she said getting my attention. I didn't freak out, I just let her talk. "I don't feel like I'm dependent of a man, or anyone...well let's just keep that as - I'm not depend of men. But I wanna be with him. The way he looks at me, we share everything, it's more like a best friends thing, but he also gives me good sex" she said winking at me. Oh Leah. "You feel me?" "Absolutely" I nodded. "And now this...-" she stopped. I narrowed my eyes looking at her finding really weird that silence, like if she wanted to say something else but she...fear it? It was strange.