13- In love with the pain.

"What?" I stuttered. He looked at me and his hand reached mine. Without looking at me he started caressing it. "Open up to me... Let me in. What is it? Is there something that happened in your past? Tell me what is it that makes you stop every time I try to make a move on you" I couldn't speak.

What was this man trying to do. "I know there's something...even the little things make you doubt everything, even if all I wanna do is a compliment...Or take you out to dinner..." he continued caressing my hand.

I felt like crying. I bit my lip holding on the tears, letting go of his touch as I stood up walking near the window. I needed some air. I started sobbing. All those memories came to me. I was a mess, I started remembering everything. The movie was playing in my head. After some minutes I felt how his strong arms moved me to face him and he hugged me and started caressing my back.

I gave in and hugged him back, tight

I gave in and hugged him back, tight. "Please don't cry" he whispered. "I'm sorry but you're right and...And I can't help it" "It's okay" he kept on hugging me. "Is it something about your past? Your ex boyfriend?" "Y-y-yes" I managed to say trying to stop myself from crying. "Come here" he hugged me again stroking my back as I rested my head on his chest, still crying. "It's okay, take your time" I couldn't stop crying but I kept it low because it was late and we weren't alone. I didn't want anyone else asking what was wrong. After some really long minutes he calmed me down and we walked over to some sofa that was in the room. We sat down and I rested my head on his chest.

"Are you feeling better now?" he said. "Kinda" I said still teary. "M-my last boyfriend... Used to beat me...he used to use me, he abused me..." I closed my eyes and tears started coming out again. I thought I was over it, but not at all.

"Jennifer..." he hugged me kissing the side of my head. "I was in love with the pain I felt I guess...I didn't want to let it go...I loved him so much" those last words were only a whisper. "I didn't want to realize...Until one day I couldn't take it anymore and I knew..." I cleaned my tears and bit my lip holding the ones that were trying to come out, "I knew that if I didn't stop him, I wouldn't be able to be here to tell the story about it" "Did you report this to the police?" "No. Nobody but you know about what really happened between me and him...and I hope it stays that way" I looked at him waiting for an answer. "Promise me you won't tell anybody" "I won't" he finally said taking a breath.

"How did this happen?" "He was alcoholic...and one day he just tasted the power that beating me gave him, and he kept on doing it...It would just be little things because I knew how to handle him. I would just give him what he wanted...but once he had it he was over me...It wasn't enough" "I get it, I get it..." "Thank you" I came closer to him and hugged him tightly. "God I feel so relieved right now..." and started crying like a baby again, "I had that inside of me. I needed someone. I needed to tell this to someone. I ...I-" "Hush...you're safe now" The warmth of his voice made me feel that what he said, was actually real. "God Jennifer...But...you really didn't put that jerk in jail? How could you not? Jesus Christ...I just can imagine and..." he stood up with his hands on his head, he was mad. "It wasn't that easy. I didn't know what to do. I was alone. I didn't want anyone else involved...I just didn't know." He sighed. "He will pay for everything...Mark my words. Maybe not because of me" He said and I calmed. "But he will" I nodded, "I hope." I said. "The most important thing is that you're safe" he hugged me again kissing my forehead.