47- Looking for her

Leah's P.O.V.

It's been two days since Jennifer sent that message and we haven't found her. Turned out Daniel was actually Ryan's brother. We didn't know him not even after so long.  But we suspected it and we were right. I should've never let her alone. I should've just listened to her. She knew something wasn't right.

Gino arrived here the same day she disappeared, it was like he knew she was going to disappear or something.

"How did you even know about this before it happened?" I asked.

"I've been tracking Ryan since Jennifer told me about what he did. Everything about him. What he does, where he lives, if he was closer to Jennifer somehow. I started searching for him and when she left I tracked him and saw him flying over here, just hours after I came here. I suspected something was wrong and that's why I came here immediately. I couldn't trust him being at the same place as her"

"Wait but...what do you know about him that I don't?"

"Well, there's nothing much we could find out besides from the obvious. I asked for the videos of the security cameras and there's someone entering the building and also entering the apartment. It was him. I bet on everything. It's weird it took so long for him to go after her. When you drop people like Ryan the way Jennifer did, they usually come after you right after."

I nodded. It got even worse knowing that Ryan was capable of hurting Jennifer...and her baby.

"Damnit. L-let's just focus on finding her" I was so worried. Anxiety was eating me alive.

"I have my people on it. We are gonna find her Leah, I promise." he walked closer hugging me. I was sobbing by then.

"Please" I whispered my voice cracking a bit.

*

"Can't you just track him again?"
"We did that already, looks like he changed the number or get rid of his phone. I don't know. He had this all planned for a long time. He knows what he's doing and he knows exactly how to do it. He knew Jennifer could come here at any time"

Gino knows people a lot actually, and he was trying to get to Jennifer. She sent the location and it's making it easier for them. But it was still taking so long. He was so frustrated. I've never seen him like that, in the time we've been knowing each other he's always been calm, quite and polite, but he was a whole different.

He was screaming and he was scared I can tell. We all were. I couldn't stand to lose her. That wasn't a possibility.

Many hours after.

"Sir..." someone from the crew came in.
"Did you find her?"
"Yes sir! They got her!" I felt how the stress I got inside was being released.
"Oh my...." he took a deep breath. "thank god, where's she?" Gino asked. "She's pretty delicate, they took her to the hospital" the guy said.
"Thank god she's alive. Let's go see her, please" I begged. He looked pale and had a straight face. "Let's go" he said walking out of the apartment.

They took Daniel to the police station as a "suspect". He said he didn't do anything or knew anything about it but, I honestly didn't believe him at all not after what Gino said.

Gino was so concerned. He was so nervous. I've never seen anything like that. When we arrived he freaked out.

"Jennifer...Jennifer Lopez" he said almost yelling. "Sir, I need you to calm down, please" "How do you want me to calm down? She's been missing for two days and if she's here I don't think she's okay. All I wanna do is see her, know everything is fine with her. Please" he said his voice going downhill. The nurse nodded and I could only allow myself to comfort him by rubbing his shoulder. "It's okay" I whispered.