4-Elevators.

On Monday I woke up as usual, had a shower, did my makeup, my hair, got dressed. I put on a black leather pencil skirt and a white blouse, put some heels to match and a jacket and headed to work. Of course I picked a coffee and had breakfast before getting there. Traffic was being so mean to me that morning. I was already late for my first meeting. I called saying I was gonna be there soon. Soon took about an hour. To make it even better, that morning was hot. A very humid and hot morning.

I arrived to the building literally running. "Running in heels, ms. Lopez?" George, the doorman, said giggling at me. "Kinda!" I said almost losing my breath, "I'm late for a meeting" I finally said pressing the button of the elevator. Once it came I got inside.

My department is almost the last floor, so I basically have to wait a lot to get there. I pressed the 20th floor and moved to a side. I was alone so I decided to check my phone in case no one relevant had texted me. The doors opened and I looked up to see what floor I was in, not mine yet. Some people got in but I didn't pay attention who they were. I continued checking my phone. The elevator was full already and my head was still down.

Just when it was about to open on my floor, it stopped and didn't open. I panicked immediately. "What's going on with you?" I said trying to press some buttons. I fear elevators for this kind of situations. I started getting nervous and sweaty.

"Great, now it'll drop and I'm gonna die" I said under my breath. "Wow, so guess these are my last minutes too" someone, who was too considerably near me, said.

I looked up and couldn't help but smile after seeing his funny face, "are you ok?" he said with a husky voice. What a big surprise I had when I looked up to see who it was.

Oh my god...

This was the same guy I saw on Saturday night at my building. My new neighbor.

"I...I am...hi?" I couldn't even ask him why he was there or say anything that actually made sense.

"You look like a ghost, a sweaty one" he said and I nervously giggled. "I...it's just that I fear elevators and closed places like this. I'm claustrophobic"

I couldn't believe this was happening to me. He was really handsome and I was really embarrassed. I didn't open the door, I didn't let him introduce himself back then. I was literally so mean.

I was standing there looking like a sweaty-scared mess. Minutes passed and I started to feel like everything was moving around me. I was about to faint no doubt about it. "hey hey hey" he held me, "does anyone have a candy or something sweet" I heard he said. "you're clearly not ok" he whispered to me, "here, eat this, this is gonna help you feel better" I didn't hesitate and immediately ate the candy.

He started blowing some air on my way, "it's ok, we're gonna be out of here soon" he kept on saying, still holding me. "so... what's your name?" he asked, "Huh?" I was in another place "your name" he said again.

"oh, J...Jennifer" he smiled, I was starting to feel better, the elevator was still not opening its doors, people was freaking out. It was me him and like ten others, but of course I was the only one almost dying there.

"Beautiful name" he said, "w-what about you?" don't ask me how did I manage to ask that or why did I even do it, but I did.

"My name is Gino" he said smiling, i don't know if it was because I was having some kind of issue going on in my head at the moment or if it meant something but my world stopped for a second and I felt something inside of me. I felt like I wasn't in there, I was daydreaming in some handsome stranger's arms, "Hey, Jennifer!!" I came back to life by him snapping his fingers at me.

"Stay with me okay, we're going out soon. They're fixing this already" he said.

I started to feel even sicker. Everything started itching. My whole body, specially my neck. This always happens when I'm sweaty like this. I started scratching it and it soon started to turn like a tomato. "Don't do that, it's getting so red already" he said putting my hand out of it and blowing some air on my neck.

"I wanna throw up" I said, "oh no...No no, you can't do that, we're getting out at any moment" he said. "hold on"

I heard he was asking people if they knew me, they were like "yeah, that's Ms. Lopez" and they explained who I was, I couldn't say anything I was just there, listening and trying not to throw up or worse, pass out.

This is, one, of my biggest fears. Fcking elevators, but since I'm almost in the last floor, I have to use it. I can't go and take the stairs like a badass, that's just not an option.

He asked if anybody had the phone number of the department we were gonna be on in a few. He explained he needed some things including a bag or something because I was probably gonna throw up right away. I started breathing heavily, "I can't take it anymore" I said and I felt how he took a tighter grip on my waist putting me closer to him. I couldn't take anything of what was happening right there. I felt completely sick.

"Close your eyes and let's start breathing in by your nose and out by your mouth" he said putting his hand on my chin lifting my head up and continuing blowing my now red as fck, neck. "Slowly" he said, oh god. I could smell his oh so yummy cologne.

After a few seconds, the elevator doors opened and I grabbed his arm and told him, still with my eyes still closed "I need to go to the restroom, please" he took the order. "Excuse me, where's the restroom here?" he said putting me out by my arm. Someone told him. I was still grabbing on his arm until I felt he carried me and started running towards the restroom.

"we're here" I opened my eyes and went straight to throwing my breakfast, all of it.

I felt someone putting my hair out of my face but I was too weak at the moment to look who it was, I assumed it was him. After a while I felt better and got up to wash my face and get decent again, "The meeting, fck!" I said. "It's ok, the one you were expecting to have a meeting with, is not there anyway" he said shrugging his shoulder.

I continue washing my face "How do you even know that?" I can't believe I'm being sassy with the person who's helped me.

He stood there looking at me and then said "Because I know him too well" "How would you know him?" I asked back "Well, because, it's me, Gino Pesi, your father's new business associate" he said smiling, "Nice to meet you!" he then said offering me his hand to shake it...

// Thank you guys for reading, commenting and voting means a lot to me.

So here's a first question. Would you like me to post a One Shot fanfic? I have some ideas for short stories. I'm "good" with that, it's easier than having to keep it up with a whole long novel. lol! I was planning on doing it but I decided I'd ask you guys what do you think about it. It'd be like Jennifer with however is it possible to ship her, oops🌚 I mean, at least the common ones😂... Let me know what do you think about this on the comment. Thank you💕

—α.