Friend?

Allie's POV
    After watching Aliyah walk off, I began to wonder what she was up to.

    "So that's your sister?" Kayano asked after a few seconds.

    "Yep. She's weird though. At one point, she'll be really shy, but at the other, she'll be very.... Hostile," I answered without looking at the smaller girl.

    "Hostile?" Nagisa asked cautiously. "What does that mean?"

    "Violent, crazy, other stuff you can use to describe someone who will immediately break your neck if you get close to them," I said simply as if it were nothing.

    Kayano and Nagisa looked scared, but Karma looked intrigued. I watched her for another moment before sighing and letting out a yawn, "I'm gonna head home, alrighty?"

    After waving goodbye to the three, I started my way home hurriedly, ready to sink into the bed already. School was something I had never gone to, and I was already starting to like it. Korosensei was a great teacher, despite his I'm-Gonna-Destroy-The-World trait. I was brought out of my thoughts by the ringing of my phone. Quickly, I answered it to hear a voice I despised.

    "How was your first day of school, dear daughter?" The woman's voice sounded amused.

    I fought the urge to groan and put on a pleasant voice, "it was wonderful, Mother! The octopus is actually a good teacher, though it seems killing him will be hard. Mach 20 isn't something that will be easy to deal with."

    "Well, I have some kind of hope that you'll get him. And if you don't, I'm sure Aliyah will clean up your mess like she always does. What a burden," Mom was definitely trying to make me throw my phone.

    I gritted my teeth and spoke through them, "right.... Now, I should be going before Aliyah knows that I'm speaking to you."

    "Of course! Goodbye," Mom sang before hanging up.

    I tightened my hand around the phone and let out a sigh. Footsteps brought my attention over to the angry-looking face of Aliyah. Oh great.

Aliyah's POV
    "Looks like Mother is just rubbing your uselessness in your face, huh?" I asked with a monotone as I stared into the red eyes of my sister yet again.

    "You were lying when you said you were going to do something, weren't you?" Allie smiled softly. "Don't worry about it. Mom doesn't bother me anymore. Besides, I have you."

    I couldn't help but grin. She put so much faith in me, and I never wanted to let her down. Mother had never treated her right. It angered me, but my own fear of her kept me in check. Things weren't happy, but Allie and I managed to get by. I linked my arm with hers and laughed, "come on, we can go to a sweet shop."

    Allie's eyes grew big, "really? Candy!"

    I chuckled at her knew child-like state. Allie began to drag me off excitedly.

*Timeskip*

    "Hey! You're Aliyah, right?" I opened one eye to see a short girl standing by my desk.

    It was lunchtime, and I found myself not hungry, so I stayed in the classroom.

    "Hmm? Oh, yeah.... And you are....?" I asked while yawning.

    "I'm Okura Kira! But, you can just call me Kira!" She answered happily.

    I examined the girl closely, taking in her features. She was short and skinny, and she had intriguing purple hair. Blue eyes searched me curiously as I scanned her. Kira was wearing the regular school uniform, and I saw nothing unusual about the girl.

    "Well, hello, Kira-san," I said calmly. "Do you need something from me?"

    "Well.... I saw that you were really good at English, so I was wondering if you could help me a little? I'm okay at it, but you were so good that it made me feel horrible at it!" She blurted.

    I found myself smiling at how cute she was. Kira tilted her head as if she expected an answer, so I nodded.

    "Yeah, sure. I'll help you. I'm originally from America, so I guess it just comes naturally? I don't really know," I told her, leaning back in my chair.

    Kira squealed happily, "you're from America? What's it like there?"

    "It's boring to me.... I like it better here," I answered.

    "Really?" She looked crestfallen. "Well, did you have friends at your old school?"

    "I was homeschooled my entire life, actually," I explained.

    "Wow! That kinda sounds lonely though," Kira said softly.

    I shook my head at that, "no, it wasn't. I had my twin sister with me."

    "Twin sister? Where is she now?" That made her perk up.

    I glanced out of the window silently for a minute before looking back at her.

    "E Class."

    Kira went quiet after that. She must've felt bad or something, but I really wasn't fazed. She perked up about half a second later and grinned, "Aliyah-san? Could I possibly be your friend?"

    I stared at her in confusion. Friend? The word wasn't commonly used by me or anyone I knew. It had always been just Allie.... But....

    "Why not? How about.... We meet after school so that I can help you with English?" I put on a fake smile and tilted my head at her.

    Kira nodded eagerly and squealed softly.