Trust?

Aliyah's POV
"I don't exactly know why, but I've always stayed away from people," Kira sighed as she spoke to Aliyah. "I mean, I like talking to them, but it seemed that staying out of the way was a habit."

Aliyah let a smile slip onto her lips, "it's probably just something you did because you didn't want to cause trouble. No matter who you speak to, trouble comes with them."

The other girl thought about that for a moment. Then she nodded.

"I suppose so."

The two were sitting at a table in a cafe, both happily chatting about non-important things. The door rang as it was opened, signalling that someone had come in. Since Aliyah was facing the opposite way, she was confused when a tension came over Kira. Her eyes travelled around the room, and she turned slightly so that she could see behind her. Strawberry blonde hair caught her attention.

"Oh great. Mr. High and Mighty," She mumbled.

Kira stifled a giggle, "shhh. If he hears us, who knows what'll happen."

"Not my problem. If he didn't think he was three times better than everyone else, I wouldn't have a problem. And I'm sure a lot more people would like him," Aliyah rolled her blue eyes.

"I guess that's true," Kira nodded. "Maybe it's his dad's influence."

"I'm sure it is. The principal is a man of strength. He believes that we should do whatever it takes to be stronger, and that kind of irritates me. Putting others below if they prove to not be strong enough to meet his standards is not the way to go. There are many types of strength, and there are also different ways to achieve it. The way he's going now isn't one of the great ways," Aliyah frowned as she eyed Asano from the corner of her eye.

She took her attention off him for a moment so that she could pull her long black hair into a ponytail. A few strands of her bangs still hung down, and she didn't mind it. A ringing from Kira's pocket caught the attention of the two girls. She pulled it out and put it to her ear, answering it. After about half a minute, she hung up.

"I've got to go, it seems something came up," She sighed. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

Aliyah smiled, "see ya!"

She waved as she watched Kira walk away, and then she went to stand up herself when someone sat across from her. Without even looking, she spoke, "Asano."

"Was that a guess?" He asked with a small smirk.

"Maybe," Aliyah answered, allowing herself to sink back into her chair. "What do you want?"

"What makes you think I want something?" Asano raised an eyebrow.

"Oh come on, your entire life is about making people give you stuff. Whether it's their service or information," She rolled her eyes.

Asano chuckled, "fiesty, I see. Is there something troubling you?"

"Yes.... He's about five inches taller than me, he's got strawberry blonde hair, and he's sitting right across from me," Aliya smirked, propping her head up in her hand while leaning across the table so that their faces were inches apart.

He snorted, "amusing. I suppose you're right though. I do want something."

"What is it?"

"Well, since you seem to be so smart, I'd like to invite you to be a.... Friend of mine," Asano paused for a moment.

"By friend you mean someone who goes along with all of your little plans, correct?" Aliyah simply smiled innocently.

"You're pretty good at reading people, aren't you?"