Assembly

Aliyah's POV
    "Thank you so, so much for helping me, Aliyah-san! These words make more sense now, so thank you again!" Kira's eyes sparkled in excitement as she stared into my blue eyes.

    "Uh, of course! I couldn't let you get bad grades, right?" I answered uncertainly.

    Kira was certainly a handful, but I kinda enjoyed having her with me. Not that I would admit that. She just triggered a sense of happiness wherever she went. I found myself smiling more than I had in years. I really never thought that I'd be sitting in a small cafe with a girl my age who wasn't my sister.

    "What are you doing here?"

    The voice came from behind, and I inwardly groaned before turning to gaze into purple eyes. It was the great and powerful Asano! With his stupid friends known as the Big Five. I sighed, "I'm allowed to do whatever I want because guess what? I have free will!"

    Kira was quiet, but she stifled a giggle, despite knowing who I was talking to. Asano looked faintly surprised, but he plastered a smile on his face. A fake smile, I noticed immediately. Before anything else was said, I grabbed Kira's wrist.

    "Looks like we'll be going now! Kira-san and I have some big plans! See you around.... Asano!" I said quickly as I dragged my companion along.

    We were quick to get out of that situation, and Kira then began to laugh.

    "You are crazy, you know? Do you realize how much trouble you could get in if Asano-sama got upset and told the principal?" She asked curiously.

    "Nah, I'll be fine. He's the type to handle his problems alone. Asking old daddy for help would be showing his weakness. That's how he works," I answered.

    Though I only knew him for a few days, Asano was easy for me to figure out. Everything he did was proving himself. I wondered how his relationship with his dad was.

    "You were pretty fired up today, weren't you?" The sound of teasing reached my ears.

    "S-shut up, Karma! I have my reasons for being like that!" I recognized one of the voices immediately, and my eyes travelled over to a familiar black haired girl standing next to a redhead and a bluenette.

    Nagisa and Karma, if I wasn't mistaken. Kira seemed to follow my gaze, and her eyes widened.

    "I-is that your....?" She trailed off.

    I nodded and pulled her in the opposite direction, "yup. That's my twin. Let's leave her be for now."

    I was really wanting to talk to her, but waiting would be the best choice at the moment. Kira and I walked through town for another half an hour, and then we parted. I instantly turned in the direction of my home and began my journey there. It was a nice two-story house. Two bedrooms were found upstairs, while a kitchen, a bathroom, and a living room were found downstairs. I opened the door and stepped in quickly to the smell of food cooking. I could recognize the smell anywhere, so I ran into the kitchen without a second thought.

    "Pancakes!"

    I was happy to find Allie standing at the stove with an amused expression.

    "Allie, you are the absolute best!" I grinned happily.

    "You know it!" She answered with a smile.

    I sat at the table as she set two plates down and immediately dug in.

    "So, how's assassination going?" My question was asked in a casual tone.

    "Well, we've only managed to sever one or two of his tentacles at a time so far.... But.... we have this new teacher-" Allie began to explain her day in full detail.

    I nodded along, thinking about everything.

    "So now you call her B*tch-sensei? How nice," I giggled.

    I became suddenly serious. Irina Jelavic, huh?

    "I've heard of her.... An assassin who specializes in seduction.... I saw that when I was looking through files," I said aloud to no one in particular.

    "Really? Have you heard of Karasuma then?" Allie asked.

    "Hmm.... Nope!" I popped the 'p'. "But then again, I may have just not noticed."

    I went quiet in thought.

*Timeskip*

    "An assembly, huh? Oh great," I groaned to myself as I walked beside Kira.

    "It won't take too long, Aliyah-san. But E Class is always receiving bad treatment at these, so will you be okay watching your sister get teased?" She asked with a concerned look.

    I glanced at her and chuckled, "she's not one to let teasing bring her down. Trust me, I'm not worried yet. You should be worried about those teasing her."

    Once we got to the assembly, I was annoyed by the several references to Class E's position as the lowest of the lowest. I spotted Jelavic easily, as she caught the eyes of many people around. My attention went over to Allie, who looked as if she could watch this school and its classes burn. The famed Karasuma caught my eye as well. He had a strict, silent vibe to him, and I wondered how much fun it would be to bug him. The announcer guy said something about handouts, and I realized that I was holding a paper. Of course, objections from E Class rang out, saying that they didn't get any. It was quickly brushed off by the others, saying they had 'forgotten' to make enough.

    "Yeah right. They totally forgot," I muttered under my breath, noticing the concerned look Kira gave me.

    I ignored her and decided to keep an eye on Allie, who clenched her fists angrily. Though when something flashed by, I found myself surprised to see a poorly disguised Korosensei. I held back laughter as I realized he had handed his class hand-made handouts. The assembly passed rather quickly after that, and I dragged Kira outside immediately after. I heard the sound of voices and found myself staring at the bluenette boy being taunted by some other students. Kira looked almost sad as she watched, and I took a moment to wonder why she didn't tease Class E like everyone else. It was quickly forgotten as the bluenette showed signs of bloodlust, successfully scaring off the other students.

    "Good job with those kids," I said, catching his attention. "Nagisa, was it?"

    "You're Allie-san's sister, right?" He asked cautiously. "The one from Class A?"

    "That's me," I moved closer to him curiously, tilting my head at him. "You have quite a bit of bloodlust.... I can tell.... I can't wait to see what you'll be able to do."

    I leaned forward to whisper into his ear, "good luck with the assassination."

    I turned away with a happy grin, leaving Nagisa looking slightly confused. Poor kid, I probably scared him.

    "Let's go, Kira!" I grabbed my friend's hand and ran off.