XII

Liam's POV

After the ordeal with the boys in the park, all of the boys have been clinger than usual. Even Zayn. However, it did affect Niall and Harry more. Harry constantly wants to be carried places and is practically joined to Louis' hip, while Niall has even had me stand outside of the toilet because he doesn't want to be left alone.

This isn't a problem right now, but next week the boys go back to school and I go back to work and I don't know how they'll cope when we leave them. Zayn will probably be fine because he's only gotten cuddlier at nighttime, and constantly wants to be on either my lap or curled up next to Louis whenever Niall and Harry go to bed. He hates us babying him I front of his friends though, so I guess he'll just go in on the first day with Callum.

Right now we are all in the living room, Zayn's texting someone on his phone, Harry's drawing a picture and Niall is curled up on my lap with Louis cuddling into my side while we watch Catchphrase.

"Boys, how would you like to go swimming this afternoon?" Louis asks.

"That's a great idea Lou! What do you say boys, are you up for going swimming?" I say.

Niall and Harry nod their head excitedly while Zayn just nods.

"Okay then boys, go and put your swimming trunks on and come out in fifteen minutes, okay?" Louis said and the three boys scurried off to their room.

I pulled Louis closer into my side and pecked his forehead.

"That was a great idea babe." I say and kiss his smiling lips.

"Yeah, I thought they'd like it, but we don't have any arm bands so can you take some more money in case any of the boys would like a pair?" He asks.

"Of course love. Let's go and get changed."

We get changed quickly, something we've learnt to do since having the boys and quickly packed a bag with five towels, underwear for each of us and shorts.

Zayn comes out of his room first and he seems a bit off right now. He seemed fine earlier.

"Zaynie, are you okay?" I asked.

"M'fine." He mumbled.

I would've probably pressed him to tell me what's wrong but Louis entered the room with a hyperactive Harry and Niall so we all just headed for the car with Louis holding Niall and Harry's hands, Zayn waking beside me and the swim bag thrown over my shoulder.

The drive to the pool took about twenty minutes and I couldn't help but notice that Zayn kept getting more and more anxious. Once we reached the pool I payed the entry fee for all of us and payed for swim bands for Harry and Niall while Louis took Harry and Niall to the toilet before we got in. Zayn and I stood outside the toilets, having already but the swim bag in a locker and now Zayn looked on the verge of tears. I pulled him into my arms and kissed his head.

"Bud, what's wrong? Why're you crying?" I asked gently.

"C-can't tell you. You-you'll think I'm a stupid baby." He cried.

He looked so distressed so I took his hand and pulled him into one of the changing rooms and sat down and pulled him on my knee.

"I'll never think you're a stupid baby. It's okay baby, you can tell me what's bothering you, I'm your Dad, I won't judge." I cooed soothingly.

"I-I'm afraid of w-water." He sniffles into my chest.

"Oh baby, why didn't you tell me?" I asked and rubbed his back trying to get him to calm down.

"Niall and Harry looked so excited to go swimming and I didn't want to ruin their fun because I'm a big baby." He cried.

"You're not a big baby, everyone's afraid of something. I, myself, am terrified of spiders. Those little buggars are just too creepy." I said and shuddered. "And remember you'll always be Papa and I's baby."

"Daaaaaaad." He whined.

"It's okay baby, don't be embarrassed. Is there a reason why you're scared of water?" I asked.

"When I was younger, I was in the bath and I accidentally splashed my dad and he tried to drown me in the bath water, but he passed out before he could manage." He said, and once again, my heart broke.

"Oh baby. You're okay, Daddy and Papa are here and I'll never let anyone harm you again." I said and rocked him back and forth.

"I love you Dad." He sniffed.

"I love you too, bud." I said.

We stayed like that until he had properly calmed down and we heard Harry and Niall shouting, trying to figure out where we are.

"We're just coming!" I shouted and Zayn wiped his eyes and we left the changing cubicle.

"You can hold my hand and stay close to me at all times." I said to Zayn and he blushed but nevertheless nodded.

I told Louis about Zayn's fear and he seemed understanding as well so he took Niall and Harry straight into the water while Zayn and I gradually made our way in.

"Zee bud, can you swim?" I asked.

"A bit, not very well though." He admitted.

"It's okay, we can just stay in this pool of you want." I offered as we were in the pool that was typically meant for younger children.

"Okay."

"I can help teach you how to swim, if you would like?" I asked.

"You would? Yes please!" He exclaimed and I chuckled.

I spent the next half an hour teaching Zayn how to do the breast stroke above water and by the end of the thirty minutes he could swim just fine without my help. After that, Zayn seemed more confident in the water and went off to play with a ball with Louis while Niall and Harry took turns of jumping into the pool and me catching them.

It was a successful day.

Hey everyone,

Hope you enjoyed the update and I'll try and get more up soon.

If you would really like to see a certain scenario happen in one of the chapters, like something really fluffy then please feel welcome to comment ideas.

Everyone who votes and comments THANK YOU!!!!

💖

18/09/16