XXXVI

Liam's POV

"So what do you say Louis? Can we legally make these boys ours?" I asked.

"You know I wouldn't want anything else in the world Liam. But we'll still need to ask them, they have a decision to make too." He says.

"I know baby, when do you want to talk to them about it?" I ask.

"We should do it now. That way we can get things sorted quickly."

We both walk into the living room to talk to the boys who are still watching Paw Patrol in the same places where I left them.

"Papa and I have to talk to you all about something important." I say while switching the TV off.

"Are we in trouble?" Zayn asks and I shake my head.

"No, your not. We need to talk about Louis and I being your Daddy and Papa." I said.

"Do you not want to be our Daddy and Papa anymore? I'm sorry, I-I'll be g-good! J-just please d-don't l-leave us!" Harry sobs and it's in that moment when I realise I never really worded my sentence well.

"No, no, no. Not at all. We will be your Daddy and Papa forever if you want. We love you guys so much, but we do have to talk to you about it." I say while Louis pulls a sobbing Harry onto his lap.

"Well what's it about?" Zayn asks.

"Louis and I are thinking of legally adopting you. And changing all of your last names to Payne. But it's only if you want, if not, we'll continue being your Daddy and Papa but you won't have the same last name as us."

"However, there's also a chance that if we don't legally adopt you, you could be taken away from us once I finish this year, because, then we will both technically be finished with the school." Louis inputs.

"I want to be a Payne!" Harry shouts and cuddles more into Louis, still sniffling a little.

"I know baby, that's fine." Louis says and kisses his hair.

"I want to be a Payne too!" Niall says.

"That's great baby. What about you Zee?" I ask.

"Can I think about it a bit more?" He asks and my heart shatters a little. I see Louis plaster a fake smile on his face and nod.

"Of course babe, take all the time you need." He manages to say but I can hear the hurt in his voice.

"Right, you can go and play with some toys while Papa and I make some dinner." I say and the boys retreat to their room.

"Does Zayn not want to be with us anymore Li?" Louis asks tears threatening to spill from his watery eyes.

"I don't know baby." I sigh and bring him into my arms.

He cries into my chest, fisting my top in his clenched hands. I just hold him until someone comes bursting into the kitchen.

"Dad? Papa?" A confused Zayn asks.

"Yeah Zayn?" I say turning round to face him as Louis wipes his eyes furiously.

"Is everything alright?" He asks.

"Yeah, everything's fine. What's up bud?" I say.

"I just want to tell you why I said I have to think about you and Papa adopting me." He said and I hear Louis sigh.