XXV

Louis POV

Liam wakes me up when he comes home from collecting Niall and Harry from school.

"Hi baby." He says and bends down to kiss my forehead.

"Hey." I say and try to rub some of the tiredness out of my eyes.

"How's Zayn?" He asks and we both look down to the raven haired boy who is snuggled into my side and still looks a bit pale.

"He's fine, he's been a bit clingy since we got home but I think that's just because he's sick. He also had an accident not long after we came home so that's why the sheets are changed. I don't think any actually got on the sheets because there were towels down, but I decided to just freshen the sheets up too." I say and he nods looking at Zayn worriedly.

"When is he due more medicine?"

"When he wakes up I'll give him some more paracetamol and then he can wait until after he eats something for the Ibruprofen." Liam nods and I go to start dinner while he takes my place on the bed beside Zayn.

Liam's POV

"Papaaaaaaaa." Zayn whines from beside me about ten minutes after Louis left.

"Zaynie it's Dad." I coo and he opens his eyes.

"Dad!" He says excitedly and cuddles into me more. "Missed you." He mumbles into my shirt.

"I missed you too bud. And Papa tells me you've not been too well?" I say and he blushes.

"Hey it's okay, it's just a bug and in sure by tomorrow you'll be fine. However, you're not going to school tomorrow just in case." I say and he just nods.

"How about we go and get something in your tummy?" I say.

"I don't really feel like eating anything."

"I know babe, but you need to have something in your stomach so that the medicine doesn't make you feel even sicker." I say. "How about some soup?"

"Yeah."

"Let's get you some paracetamol and then you can have the soup, then we'll wait a bit and then you can take the Ibruprofen."

I stand up from the bed and walk to the door but I turn back to face the bed when I don't hear Zayn follow. Zayn is still siting on the bed looking at me with puppy dog eyes and lifts his hands up pleadingly.

"Okay baby, you could've just asked." I say as I walk over to pick him up.

Zayn's always been very light, it says so on the medical records we managed to get ahold of, but I think it's just to do with the fact he was a bit malnourished because his father never cared for him.

It pains me to think about it.

I situate him on my hip and he hides his face in my neck. I walk into the kitchen with him and sit down on one of the chairs and pull him into my lap.

"Lou, can you please make Zaynie here some soup?" I say.

"Sure, I'll give you the paracetamol tablet while I make it." He says and hands me a packet of paracetamol and a glass of water.