XVIII

*Previously*

"There's something we need to talk about..."

Louis POV

Both of them looked expectantly to me and I took another deep breath and started.

"Zayn can you show me your arms for a minute?" I asked and immediately saw the way his face contorted to a look of panic and fear.

"W-why?" He spluttered.

"Because I would like to know why Harry has drawn red lines on your arms in the picture he drew and when I questioned him about it he said it was because he had seen you with those marks on your arms and you looked really sad." I said.

Liam seemed to have caught on to the situation.

"Let us see your arms Zayn." Liam said sternly.

Zayn's eyes started to water and his lips started to shake. "N-no! I-I mean no. It's o-okay. I-I'm okay." He said unconvincingly.

"Zayn. Let. Us. See. Your. Arms." Liam said through gritted teeth.

I put my hand on Liam's arm.

"Calm down babe. You're scaring him." I whispered.

Liam seemed to realise and noticed Zayn sitting, shaking on the couch opposite us.

"Come on Zaynie, please show Daddy and Papa your arms. You won't be in any trouble." He said gently.

"P-promise?" Zayn's small voice was heard.

"I promise."

Zayn wiped away some of the tears that had escaped and pulled back the sleeves of his top.

Up until this moment I had been hoping for the best. That Harry had just misunderstood and that Zayn was perfectly okay.

Apparently not.

All along Zayn's arms were red scratches, some looked newer than others. After seeing the cuts I couldn't help but break down. I collapsed on Liam beside me and started sobbing. I looked up to see Liam had a few tears running down his face.

I continued crying into Liam's side until I heard a mantra of "Please don't hate me. Please don't hate me." And I looked over to see Zayn full on sobbing and rocking himself back and forth on the couch.

"C'mon babe, you've got to be strong for him." Liam whispered and I nodded and harshly wiped my tears.

"Zayn, come here baby." Liam said with open arms that Zayn collapsed into. Liam held Zayn for a good ten minutes while he cried and then when the sobs were finally reduced to sniffles Liam pulled away and made Zayn look at him properly.

"Now Zayn, we've got to talk about this. First, when and why did this first start?" Liam questioned.

"I-it started the first week back at school. There are these three popular boys who have been bullying me and calling me all sorts of names and they made me feel worthless. They said no wonder my dad didn't want me and that my mum probably-" he broke off into sobs again. "T-that she p-probably crashed the c-car on p-purpose."

Liam brought Zayn to sit on his lap and attempted to calm him down but whispering soothing words into his ear. I moved to sit across from them.

"Why didn't you tell us Zayn?" I asked.

"They said if I told you they would hurt me and it would show how much of a pussy I am." He said quietly.