XXVI

Zayn's POV

Today I'm going back to school because I feel much better. I actually felt better yesterday but Dad and Papa insisted that I stay in and rest. So I stayed at home with Papa while he did his college work and I swear I nearly died of boredom.

"Zayn! Come on, we've got to go! Don't forget to ask Justin if he wants to come over tonight." Papa shouts as I throw my school bag over my shoulder.

As per usual, we drop Harry and Niall off at school first and then Dad drives me and Papa to school, as it's Thursday and Papa has more senior classes. We pull up in the parking lot and I spot my friends straight away. I jump out of the car, shouting a 'bye, love you' and sprint over to my friends.

"Zayn!" Justin exclaims as he notices me.

"Hey guys." I say.

"I missed you." Justin says, bringing me into a hug. He wraps his arms around me and I bury my face in his chest as he's a bit taller than me. The prominent smell of his aftershave fills my senses and I smile. His cologne is really nice.

"I missed you too." I mumble and then blush when I realise I'm still cuddled into him. "Sorry about that." I say an awkwardly pull away.

"It's alright babe." He says with a smirk. My cheeks go even redder if that's possible. Thankfully before I have time to think of a stupid reply the bell rings. Literally saved by the bell.

"Come on Zaynie, I'll walk you to class." He says and snakes his arms around my waist again. He walks me to my maths class and then says "I'll see you at lunch." and winks at me.

Let's just say for the rest of the period I definitely wasn't thinking about maths.

~~~~~~~~Lunch~~~~~~~~

I come out of my RE class and head straight for the table where we usually sit for lunch when suddenly I'm thrown into a locker.

"Thought you could get rid of me fag? Well think again." Nathan says and kicks my stomach.

"P-please s-stop." I whimper.

"Why should I? You've turned Justin gay, you deserve to be hit." He snarls and then raises his fist to punch me again. Only nothing happens. I hear a loud crash and look to see Justin tackling Nathan to the ground.

I shakily stand up and see Justin punching into Nathan over and over again. (😂) A small crowd has gathered in the hallway and most of them are cheering Justin on, apart from Nathan's friends who look like they've just seen a ghost.

"J-Justin please s-stop." I say shakily and tap his shoulder.

He turns round, rage in his eyes but that all fades away when he sees me. He turns round to Nathan again, spits in his face and growls:

"If you ever touch Zayn again, that will feel like a love tap."

He grabs my hand and takes me out of the corridor and heads towards the office. When we get to the office the office lady shrieks and immediately takes me in to get cleaned up.

My nose is gushing blood, there's a cut on my lip, eyebrow and upper cheek, I have a black eye forming and my heads sore from where I hit in on the locker.

"What's your name sweetheart." The office lady says.

"Z-Zayn."

"Alright Zayn, I'm going to need someone who takes care of you to come and see this. Is there anyone I could call?"

"My Dad's at work in the nursery but you could call my Papa, Louis Tomlinson? He's in the school right now anyways." I explain and she nods and goes to make the call.