XVI

Louis' POV

Thankfully everyone managed to get through the first week of school. It was a really busy week but I think we've all managed to get into some sort of a routine.

Today, our mums are coming over to meet the boys. They've been pestering me about meeting them since the boys arrived so I'm not too sure what to expect.

They'll probably bring presents, and give them lots of cuddles and probably bring them cakes since my mum loves baking. Yeah, they'll bring all of the sweet things that the boys usually wouldn't be allowed.

Harry and Niall seem pretty ecstatic about meeting the two women, and Zayn just seems indifferent. He's not really seemed like himself lately, he's been a lot quieter and constantly just sits in his room, or plays on his Xbox. Our conversations are short, and most of the time it's just me reminding him to do things.

I stirred the pot of soup one last time before turning the gas down and checked the chicken in the oven. It all looks pretty good if I do say so myself.

"Hey babe." Liam said as he entered the kitchen and snaked his hands around my waist.

"Hey." I sighed and leaned back into his muscular torso.

"What time are our mums getting here at?" He asked.

"They said around oneish, so in about half an hour." I replied and he hummed in response.

"Where are the boys?" I questioned.

"Niall and Harry are watching Paw Patrol in the living room and last time I saw Zayn, he was going into his room after breakfast." Liam said.

"He better be ready for one." I said and turned the gas with the pot of vegetables on.

"He will be, let me go and check on him." He said and left the kitchen with a quick peck of my forehead.

Liam's POV

I walk into the boys shared room and immediately spot Zayn sitting on his bed listening to his music. I move closer to him and tap his shoulder lightly.

"Are you all ready for our parents coming over?" I asked.

"Yeah, does this look okay?" He asked and then stood up, off the bed so I could have a good look at his outfit.

"That looks absolutely fine." I assure him.

He just nods and then looks at his hands, suddenly finding them very interesting.

"What're they like?" He said in a small voice.

"Who?"

"Your parents. Are they nice? I've never had grandparents before." He said and then bit the side of his nail.

"Oh. Well they're both lovely. I think you'll really like them. My mum is really funny and Louis' mum bakes really amazing cakes and overall they're just amazing." I said with a smile.

"Do you think they'll like me?" He asked.

"Of course they will! How could they not? Ever since Lou and I got you three they've been desperate to meet you lot."