LII

Zayn's POV

"Come on Zayn! Have you got your bag?" Papa called.

"Yeah! Just getting my charger!" I shouted back.

Once I unplugged my phone charger I ran into the living room where Dad and Papa were making sure we had everything for our stay at Gran and Grandpa's.

"Let's get these bags in the car." Dad said and started taking some of the bags down stairs.

"Now before we leave has everyone been to the potty?" Papa asked and Harry and Niall nodded.

"What about you Zee?" He asked and I blushed.

"Yeah." I said quietly.

"Okay then, let's get going."

We all got in the car and Papa put the radio on while Dad started the engine.

"I can't believe 2016 is nearly over." Papa said and Dad hummed in agreement.

"There's been a lot of horrible losses this year." Dad carried on. "Alan Rickman, Mohammed Ali, George Michael, Gene Wilder, David Bowie and lots more."

I only knew three of these people, Gene Wilder because I loved Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Alan Rickman because at one point I was obsessed with Harry Potter and Mohammed Ali because my Dad was really into boxing.

I closed my eyes and leaned against Harry's car seat.

"Zayn if you're tired, go for a little nap. It'll be a late night tonight so it's best if you get some sleep." Dad said.

When I opened my eyes again Dad had stopped the car in front of Gran and Grandpa's house. Dad got out of the car to get the bags and Papa got Harry and Niall out of the car. I felt a bit left out again but it was probably just the paranoia I've been experiencing now.

I got out of the car and Grandpa was waiting for me at the door.

"There's our Zaynie! How are you bud?" He asked and gave me a hug.

"I'm good Grandpa." I said and he smiled.

"Fantastic. I hope you're hungry because Granny has made a lot of food for everyone."

I went into the living room to see Harry and Niall on each of Papas knees. I think Gran saw the hurt look on my face because she pulled me into her arms.

"How's our Zayn doing?" She asked and tickled my sides.

"I'm good Granny." I laughed.

"Hey Mum, hey Dad." Dad said entering the house, looking like a packed camel with all the bags he was carrying.

"Just put them in the spare room dear." Gran said referring to the bags. "You and Louis can sleep in your old bedroom and the boys can share the King size bed in the spare room."

Dad managed to trudge his way up the stairs and then came back down and sat on the couch.

I was going to sit on his lap when Niall suddenly moved onto him and Harry spread out on Papas knees now that he didn't have to share with Niall.

I sighed and went into the kitchen.

"Do you need any help Gran?" I asked and she shook her head.

"I'm okay sweetheart." She said and I tried not to make the disappointment evident on my face.

"In fact!" She said. "Could you test one of these cookies for me?" She said bringing out little cookies in the shapes of bells and clocks.