LXXV

3rd Persons POV

St Patrick's day had always been a big deal for Niall, being Irish and hugely patriotic he absolutely loved the holiday dedicated to their patron saint. He always knew he was different from his brothers and Liam and Louis but he assumed that they all still celebrated the same things.

However, Liam and Louis usually spent St Patrick's day in the pub, not being able to remember anything the next day - what they liked to call 'good Irish tradition', but it was really just an excuse to get absolutely wasted.

Now they had the boys, their babies, so they wouldn't be doing anything like that. Liam had meetings to attend and Louis was still studying for his exams at the end of the year.

Niall woke up giddy, he had been counting down the days until today for about two weeks now. He could finally use his leprechaun costume he had!

He giggled to himself as he slipped into the green outfit and smiled as he pulled on his old Irish dancing shoes. He was never too enthusiastic about doing Irish dancing and he wasn't necessarily that good but his aunt had been a champion and devoted time to try and teach him.

The shoes were especially important to him as they had been a gift from her after his first couple of lessons. He struck a few poses in his outfit in front of the mirror doing silly little jigs until he decided to go and see where his fathers and Harry were as Zayn was still sleeping.

He bounced into the living room to see Louis sitting on the couch with his legs crossed and his laptop on his lap with his glasses perched on the bridge of his nose and his work scattered around him.

"Look Papa! Look!" Niall said and did a little dance, tapping his shoes on the floor and making a right racket.

"Niall stop that now. Zayn's still sleeping and I'm trying to work." Louis said not looking up from his laptop.

"But Papa." Niall said and Louis finally looked up.

"Niall what on earth are you wearing? Get that ridiculous costume off! It's not Halloween. Go put some proper clothes on." Louis said. "And change your shoes you're making too much noise."

Niall thought Louis might be kidding, that at any moment he would turn his frown into a smile and laugh and sing folk tunes with him. However, Louis did no such thing. He only got more engrossed in his work.

Niall sighed, tears in his eyes and retreated to his bedroom, trying not to make too much noise but it was hard because of the wooden floorboards.

"Niall! What did I tell you about those bloody shoes!" Louis yelled.

Niall got into the room and ripped the covers off of his bed and threw himself on it. He curled up on his Ireland themed duvet and started crying to himself.

He missed Ireland. He missed his home, his old friends and most of all he missed his aunt.

He fished his iPod out of his drawer and put his earphones in his ears. He pressed play on his playlist and let the beautiful traditional music flood his ears. All of his favourite Celtic music was on it and it was the one thing that reminded him of home.

"Niall, lunch is ready." Liam said poking his head around the door until he saw Niall. "What's up baby?"

Niall just shook his head and Liam sighed, guessing it was one of the days where Niall got homesick and missed his aunt. On those days he didn't really speak to anyone but he was usually very clingy.