XXXVIII

Liam's POV

It's been a week since the funeral in Ireland and things are finally getting back to normal.

The boys returned back to school last week and are all finally enjoying it. Louis has been working really hard with Uni work so I've decided to take him out tonight. Just me and him. No kids. Like the way it used to be.

I'm taking him to the light switch on in the town and I know he'll love it. Christians had always been his favourite time of the year as its his birthday too.

"Lou babe, are you nearly ready to go?" I ask my boyfriend who seems to have been getting ready for hours.

"Nearly Li." He calls back.

Finally he appears through the door, looking stunning like always.

"Wow baby. You look beautiful." I said, eyes nearly popping out of my head.

"Thanks Li, you look really handsome too." He laughed and stood on his tip toes to peck my cheek.

Louis, the boys and I all pile in the car to drop the boys off at Ash and Mikey's.

"Enjoy guys!" Ash shouts after us after we drop the boys off and talk to Ashton and Michael about Harry's nappies.

"I know Li, you told me before." He said pushing Lou and I out the door as I tried to tell him how to take care of my babies.

I drive to the town centre with one hand on the steering wheel and the other on Louis thigh.

"I love you baby. So much." I smiled at him.

"I love you too Li." He took the hand that was on his thigh and gave it a squeeze.

We arrived just in time for the local radio station to switch the lights on. There was a big count down from five and at one everyone cheered as the lights switched on.

They had a ferris wheel, some rides, a skating rink and lots of little market stalls where you could buy hot chocolate and Nutella crepes. Lou and I joined the line for the Ferris wheel.

Once the man let us into one of the cages for the Ferris wheel Louis snuggled up to me and I put my arm around him. We got to the top and the ride halted, letting us take in the beautiful scenery.

"It's gorgeous Li. All lit up" Louis said.

"Not as gorgeous as you." I said and pecked his cold nose.

After the Ferris wheel finished we decided to go ice skating. We got boots and then stepped onto the ice.

Louis clung to me the whole way round, scared of falling. However we both ended up falling after Louis said he wanted to try on his own. He fell and I went to catch him but he ended up landing on top of me.

We both had a laugh and then went to get some hot chocolate.

"I miss this Li," Louis said sitting across from me at a little table in a makeshift restaurant. "Just us hanging out like a couple. I mean, I love family time, I really do, but I've missed this."

"Me too baby." I said and we continued to talk about nonsense.

"Do you remember our first date?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I'll never forget it." He laughed and blushed. "I was so awkward around you and nearly spilled my drink all over myself in the restaurant."

"It was cute." I laughed.

"It was embarrassing!" He insisted.

"Well look where we are now. From just being the schools first ever prom King and King for my year, to having a beautiful little family now. All the rough times people put you through don't matter anymore because our lives are perfect now. I couldn't want anything else." I said.

"I know Li, I've managed to forget about some of the horrible things people put me through in my earlier high school years but you're right. None of it matters any more." He smiled.

"Let's go on a walk." I outstretched my hand for him to take. 

We walked out of the cafe and along the road.

"Let's go and see the Christmas tree." I whispered in his ear.

We walked to the Christmas tree and stopped under it. My arm was wrapped around Louis and he was leaning on me.

"They've really gone all out this year Li." He said.

"Yeah, it's really extra special this year." I said as the palms of my hands started getting sweaty.

"What do yo- oh!" He exclaimed as I got down on one knee and pulled out the box with the engagement ring.

"Louis...." I started and he was already in tears. "Hey baby, calm down. I've not even said anything yet." I laughed. He laughed wryly and wiped his eyes. I took one of his hands into my hand that wasn't holding the ring.

"Louis William Tomlinson," I started again ""I love you with all my heart. We've been with each other for years and my love for you grows more each year. I still love you as much as the day I asked you to be mine, possibly even more. You are a beautiful and caring person and have always been there for me 100% through the bad times. My family adores you and I cannot imagine my life without you in it. I want to grow old with you and I wish I could give you the world but this ring is all I could afford. You are my best friend the one person I couldn't imagine living without, the absolute love of my life, in my heart my soul mate and to everyone else my boyfriend. And now I want you to become my husband. So Louis, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" I said looking up at the tears streaming down his face.

"Yes, yes, yes! A thousand times yes!" He shouted and jumped into my arms. A few people clapped but I was too lost in my own world with Louis to notice.

Hey guys!!!

So I hope you liked this chapter. It was definitely hitting the feels as I was writing the proposal, but I am a very emotional person, and it could've just been me.

The idea that inspired Liam's proposal is actually how my dad proposed to my mum. I've always love the story and love hearing them tell it.

If you liked this chapter please vote and comment! It really makes my day.

Also if you have any prompts please send them in! X

Comment! Vote!

💖

27/11/16

Ohana (Lilo family) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara