LXXX

3rd Person's POV

Everyone knows that teenagers can be cruel. It's just the way it is. High school can either be the best years of your life or the worst. Zayn knew he had good friends and was thankful for how the year was turning out as the way it started wasn't the best.

Since being bullied by Nathan at the beginning of the school year Zayn has been targeted by many others, but of course never to the extremities that Nathan had taken it to. Justin played a major role in that, always saying he'd kick someone's ass if they were to hurt Zayn.

"Hey Zayn, where's your boyfriend now?" Bret asked as he and a group of some other popular boys surrounded Zayn's desk in the maths classroom.

There were different social groups in the school and because Zayn was Justin's boyfriend he was well known. Justin was a popular jock and most of his teammates had a soft spot for Zayn as well but you also had the popular people who didn't play sport, and who Justin had no control over.

"He's at practice." Zayn said monotonously as he focused on taking his books out of his bag.

"You sure about that? Sure he's not kissing someone else?" He taunted and Zayn rolled his eyes.

"That was his cousin. So, if you could please just fuck off since you obviously don't have anything new to say." Zayn smiled sweetly at them, the amount of time he spends with Louis finally paying off.

However, being smart might not have been the best idea as Bret grabbed Zayn's shirt and pulled him up from his seat.

"Listen here you little shit, I don't give a fuck if Justin is the captain of the football team. You're fucking disgusting, and I'm not going to let some little faggot like you speak to me like that." He said now pushing Zayn's back harshly against the wall.

Zayn gasped for breath as the air was knocked out of him when his back hit the wall. He clawed at Brett's hands to try and escape but it wasn't worth the effort.

"I wouldn't bother telling anyone about this. Wouldn't want something to happen to Justin's football career would we? You know, since my dad is the scout." He smirked and released Zayn just as the teacher entered the class.

"Zayn, Bret why are you not in your seats?" The teacher asked with a raised brow.

Zayn just lowered his head and muttered a small apology and sat down quietly. For the rest of the lesson all Zayn could think about was what Bret had said to him. Telling Justin was completely out of the picture because the older boy would want to smash anyone who dared mess with Zayn's face in. However, he could tell his parents.

'What am I thinking? That'll just show I can't fight my own battles.' Zayn thought as he tugged on his hair.

He sat rigidly for the rest of the maths class, scared to even breathe as Bret's presence seemed to consume him. The bell finally rang and Zayn mentally cheered as it had seemed like the class was never going to end. He packed his things quickly and quietly and rushed out of the classroom, intent on reaching the lunch table before Bret and his gang could get to him.

He made it to the lunch table, thankfully before anyone could torment him. Perrie, Calum and Justin were already sitting at the table and Justin smiled widely when he caught sight of his petit boyfriend.