#1- Darkness

(A/N Long-ish chapter (by my very low standards anyway) for the first one, others will be a lot shorter (300+ words))

Simon's POV

I was woken up by a loud alarm.

Alarm? Woken up? Was I not dead?

But... but I remembered... the rope... the stool...

I was dead, of that I was certain. I sat up slowly, holding my neck.

I could still feel the rope around it.

I swung myself out of bed, looking round at my surroundings.

White. White walls, white bed, white floor, white ceiling.

White. My favourite colour. It symbolised purity.

I stood up unsurely and looked at the full-length mirror that was on a wall. I looked perfectly normal. Which was weird.

By that, I meant no bruises or cuts. From the bullies. And myself. But my skin was unusually normal and blemish-free. How strange...

I looked at what I was wearing. An Adidas t-shirt and grey jogging bottoms. The outfit I died in. I shook off the memories and brushed my hands down my joggers, sighing.

I went to the door and opened it slowly, revealing a long corridor with beige walls, a wooden floor and a white ceiling. I stepped out into it, closing my white door behind me. I looked back at it, noticing a small sign that read 'Simon' on it. Along the corridor, there were several different coloured doors. Mine was the second one along, the first being an orange door opposite mine, reading 'Josh/Joshua'. So I wasn't the only one here...

I looked down the corridor again, walking slowly forward. Next to my room, the was a black door with 'Tobi', opposite that there was a pink door with 'JJ' on it. After Tobi's door, there was a red door with 'Ethan' on it, and next to JJ's there was a yellow door with 'Vikk' on it. The last three doors were a blue door next to Ethan's that read 'Harry', a normal wooden door with 'Bathroom' written on it opposite Harry's and a wooded door at the end of the corridor with 'living area' on it.

I was a bit scared of opening the strange door, so I waited for a moment. A few seconds later a brown-haired, bearded man stepped out of the orange door. He looked started to see me. At least I'm not the only confused one here.

"Uh, hey." He said to me, walking forward slowly, reading the signs on the doors. I grabbed my elbow with the opposite hand, looking down, suddenly very self-conscious.

"Hi." I whispered back timidly, glancing up through my eyelashes.

"What the fuck's going on?" He whispered almost to himself, looking around. For the first time, I noticed the door at the other end of the corridor. It was barred, and only blackness could be seen beyond the metal. Spooky. I shivered in fear of what could be behind the door and looked back up, focusing on the boy in front of me.

"No clue. But I'm pretty sure I'm dead." I whispered, growing more confident.

"What?" He replied, looking at me, concerned.

"I-I killed myself. That's the last thing I remember. What about you?" I said.

"I don't really remember. The last thing I remember is..." He said, looking up as if he was thinking, He suddenly gasped and looked back down. "Joshua." He whispered angrily.

"What? Who's Joshua?" I asked. He sighed, rubbing his eyes.

"He's me. The other me. I have Multiple Personality Disorder." He explained quietly. I nodded and sighed. looking round and noticing the pink door open. Another boy came out, and he looked angry. Very angry.

"Where the fuck are we?" He hollered, storming towards us.

"I-I don't know." I said, almost hiding behind Josh.

"We need to fucking find out!" He yelled, throwing open the door at the end of the corridor and storming through, looking round. There was 2 doors in the room, one saying 'Kitchen' and the other saying 'Lounge'. The angry-looking boy threw open that door, revealing a black and white, modern lounge area. The ceiling and carpet were white, the walls were black and there was a white-framed window on the far wall. There were 7 chairs with white seats and black legs in a circle in the corner, 2 sofas, one black and one white, in the middle of the room facing a TV on the right wall and a white bookcase on the left wall.

"The fuck?" Josh said, walking over to the window, peering out. "Guys, come look at this." He said. Me and the other boy walked over, looking out. All that was out the window was darkness.