#56- So Fucking Gay

Simon's POV

'Josh, where the fuck did you get that from?' I asked, staring at the white pillowcase in his hands. In it was a roll of duct tape, a balaclava, and a pair of rubber gloves. Apparently a present from Joshua. At least, I hoped it was from him- either that or it was from J. Josh had found the pillowcase tucked inside his jacket pocket, and apparently would rather not have known about it. We were now stood near the wall of a corridor, crowded around the white bag in shock. I was leaning heavily on Josh- my side still felt like I'd been hit by an average-to-large sized tanker truck. He'd practically had to carry me this far, much to my embarrassment. I felt a little bad about that, since Josh's arm was still bleeding badly no matter how much he tried to hide it, but he insisted.

'Do I want to know?' Josh said, his face pale. He handed the bag to Ethan and took out his phone. On it was a photo of a map Ethan had described Joshua taking, a much better map than the one we had taken from the Red body earlier, plus it was in English. Most was too blurry to read, but we still could see the exit marked 'WHITE', along with another marked 'RED' and a centre label of 'GREY'.

'That's us.' Tobi said, pointing at the White exit. We had left JJ and Vikk nearer to the exit- something I still wasn't sure about- and had looped back to the centre for Phil. On our walk there, we started frantically searching our pockets for something, anything to help: apparently Joshua had thought ahead and assumed kidnapping was inevitable before we had even met Michael, and left Josh a bag of goodies. Now, we were just stood around, hoping for Phil to do some dumb shit like appear around a corner.

'Shit, look!' Harry said, pointing ahead as Phil disappeared around a corner.

'Wait, he knows what we look like.' I warned, holding Harry back as he tried to go after Phil. The pain in my side didn't let me forget our earlier encounter with him- I still couldn't stand upright by myself. I turned to stare at Josh and Ethan, along with everyone else.

'Fuck that! I can't kidnap anyone!' Josh said.

'Pussy. Come on, let's go.' Ethan said, dragging him forward.

'I can't!' Josh replied.

'Look.' I said, grabbing Josh's hands and standing close. 'You don't have to. I can wear the mask or something. He won't recognise me. I'll go instead.'

'No, no. You can't. I'll go.' Josh said, almost in tears. 'I'll go. But what if...?'

'What?' I asked.

'What if Joshua takes control again? What if I don't come back?' He whispered. I stepped even closer, pressing my forehead to his.

'You're stronger than him. Remember that.' I whispered, my lips centimetres from his. He exhaled heavily and gave me a weak smile. I tilted his head down and pressed a kiss to his forehead.

'Ah, fuck it.' Josh said, before looking up and gently touching his lips to mine. He pulled away quickly, panic in his eyes as he waited for my reaction. I didn't reply, just kissed him again, this time deeper, longer. He moved his hands from mine to around my waist as I clung to his shoulders. This was it. This was perfect. Suddenly, he changed- his kisses becoming more aggressive, his hands roaming. J. I shoved him away, stumbling back into Tobi's chest. Ethan stood between me and J as he looked towards me.

'Hey, hottie.' J said, wiping his mouth and smirking. He took a step towards me, but just as he reached forward a Red walked around the corner. J let out a squeak, practically trying to hide behind Ethan. Ethan shoved him away, right into the path of the Red. J's face quickly went slack, his eyes going black. J looked down, and Joshua looked up. He walked out of the path of the Reds, offering them a curt nod. He kept his face straight until the Reds walked past before his cold exterior fell away into confusion. He touched a hand to his lips slowly, staring at it and then up at me. Realisation slowly dawned on him as a blush crept up his cheeks. He gave me an apologetic look, coughing awkwardly. It was a few seconds of silence until face slacked and his eyes darkened. Finally: my Josh was back. I took his hand and smiled sadly. Josh then realised what had happened and stuttered out apologies, blushing even deeper than I was. Before he could get even more flustered, I grabbed his shoulders.

'Josh.'

'Look, I'm sorry, I won't...'

'JOSH.'

'Um, yeah?'

'Calm the fuck down, yeah?' I said, laughing slightly. He sighed and nodded, trying to apologise again before I put my finger to his lips. I pulled back slowly, holding his hands for as long as I could before he followed Ethan around the corner where we had last seen Phil. Tobi wrapped one of my arms around his shoulders, with Harry doing his best to support my injured side without Josh there to help. I didn't look at either of them, my eyes fixed on the brunette ahead.

As they walked away I heard Ethan whisper to Josh, laughing slightly. 'So fucking gay.'