#26- Our Judgement

JJ's POV

Well, this was going to end badly.

Ethan charged at Josh, fists flying for what felt like at least the 20th time in the day they had spent together. Simon tried to stop Ethan but Josh wouldn't let him, even letting Ethan get a few punches in before he tried to protect himself. He went to the floor within seconds. Ethan was screaming abuse whilst Simon did his best to pull him away from Josh, and even Tobi abandoned his little Mukbang with Harry to try and help.

'JJ!' Vikk scolded from under my arm.

'What? I figured I'd just let them duke it out. It's not like Josh can't hold his own.' I replied, gesturing at the pile of broken wood than once was a chair by the bookcase. The disappointed look from Vikk was all it took for me to stand, although it wasn't without complaining. Even as I reached the impromptu boxing ring, Josh was starting to fight back, pushing Ethan away and scrambling to his feet. I stood in front of Ethan, helping Tobi break up the fight.

'Josh?' Asked a worried Simon from somewhere behind me. Josh must have nodded because I heard Simon's sigh of relief even over Ethan's shouts. After a few seconds of using me as a punching bag, Ethan eventually gave up, pushing past Tobi to get a bottle off of the kitchen counter.

'You really shouldn't be...' Harry began before a glare from Ethan shut him up. He downed the bottle; whiskey probably; within seconds before reaching for another.

I turned away from Ethan and towards Josh, who, although almost as bloodied as Ethan, seemed to be content as he stood wrapped in Simon's arms.

'You good bro?' I asked. Josh replied with a nod, prompting me to go back to cuddling with Vikk because, well, you would, wouldn't you? I made sure to stay eavesdropping distance away from Simon and Josh, though.

'I'm ok.' Josh replied 'I probably deserved it anyway. I'm guessing it was Joshua who...?'

Simon nodded solemnly. 'You were defending me.'

'Please don't tell me I hurt you'.

'No, actually. You came back as soon as you looked at me.' There was no missing the flash of surprise on Josh's face before it was replaced with sheer relief.

'Thank God, or whoever else is in charge of this shithole, I guess.' Josh remarked before apologising as he realised how worried Simon has been about the whole Heaven thing. Simon didn't have time to respond before he heard a scraping sound behind him.

All seven crowded around and stared at the wall opposite the TV as something began appearing, as if someone (or something) was scraping their fingernail into the wallpaper, writing names. Seven of them, to be exact. The boys watched in shock as their names began appearing before their eyes, white for Simon, orange for Josh/Joshua/J etc. It didn't stop there. Underneath each of their names was a table with two columns, a tick above one and a cross above the other. These columns didn't differ between names, but what was in them did. In each column were lines, little tally points, in either the 'good' or 'bad' side. Some people, like, Harry, only had one or two little points, but others like Ethan or Josh already had almost a dozen points. Almost a dozen points in the 'bad' side.

'Shit.' Ethan mumbled, his bottle almost slipping out of his hand. 'Shit shit shit'

'This is it', whispered Vikk. 'This is what decides if we're good or bad. This is our judgement'.