#28- Unfortunate Consequences

JJ's POV

'No!' I shouted through the closed door, frantically trying to kick it down. With help from Ethan and Josh it only took a few kicks before it crumpled and we burst into the yellow room. We were too late. He was dead. Blood stained the yellow and glassy eyes stared up at me and he was dead. A ringing echoed in my ears, my vision clouding as I ran towards Vikk. My hands shook as I cradled him, staring in disbelief at the straight razor still clutched in his blood soaked hands. Why would he do this? How could I let this happen? I stood, leaving Josh to close Vikk's eyes. White hot anger flooded my veins. How, how, how? I screamed, anger overcoming me as I struck out, the wall breaking under my fist. The others tried to hold me back but they couldn't. Not any more. They were forced to step back as I raged, the wardrobe, the walls and even what remained of the door were all damaged by my anger. Only when blood covered my fists and tears began to sting my eyes did I stop. Anger was replaced with overwhelming sadness even before the tears began to fall, and fall they did. Tears mixed with the red staining Vikk's skin as I crouched beside him. His slashed throat was the last thing I saw before darkness overtook my vision, literally. My table, filled with points- mainly on the bad side- briefly appeared before all the points vanished and;

Ding.

I wasn't in Vikk's room anymore. I was sat at the table with the others, Josh and Harry and Vikk. Vikk, alive again! I wrapped him in a hug, pulling him onto my lap. Whatever the other guys say, I didn't cry. I just had something in my eye. Everyone else; even Ethan; all piled on until Vikk was wrapped in a group hug. When we all eventually pulled back, Vikk looked shocked and maybe even a little sad. That's when the confusion started to set in.

'Guys.' Josh said, pointing first at the now blank tables on the wall and then at the camera, back in its original place above the bookcase. The speaker was back too, both now covered with mesh cages. Apparently whoever's in charge has learnt their lesson. All the mess and the blood and what remained of the broken chairs were gone. The place was as good as new, albeit with a few improvements, none of which boded well for us. Well, shit. As much as I hated to, I stood up and moved Vikk onto my chair. No matter how tough the new cages were they were no match for pure mindless vandalism and a good sturdy chair, and Tobi's would be the victim, so I did my best to move it. Nothing happened. Well, this was embarrasing. I crouched and stared at the base of the chair leg. The son of a bitch had bolted them to the floor.

'Fuck!' I muttered. Looks like my elbow would have to do.

'Don't.' A small voice said from beside me as Vikk laid his hand on my arm. 'You'll just get electrocuted again.' I looked down at his face, then his neck. A thin white line was all that remained after... it. I crouched beside him and held his hands in mine.

'Are you OK?' I asked. Vikk looked like he was considering the question and then nodded slightly.

'They're quiet. Almost.' He replied, the ghost of a smile tracing his lips. Then it dissapeared. 'Not for long, probably, but they're quiet.' I nodded in response, then wrapped him in a hug again.

'Look, we've already got points.' Tobi said, gesturing towards the wall. It seemed that we all had at least one point in the good column. I had more, but I also had a couple in the bad column. I guess thats what you get for threatening some kind of entity with destruction of property.

'They reset. After Vikk...' Simon began before trailing off, a sad look in his eyes.

'What, like some kind of sick fucking video game? This is fucked.' Grumbled Ethan.

'I have to say, GTA is a lot easier.' Tobi said. His effort to lighten the mood was rewarded with a point. He was already well ahead of the others (namely me). No surprise there.

Vikk suddenly stood, leaning into me and covering his ears. Shit. I followed his stare and realised he was looking at my table.

'Hey, it's ok. I'll be ok.' I said, holding him close. I wasn't sure how much of that I believed. Apparently it was the right thing to say as another 'good' point appeared. 'See? I'm already getting better'

'I'm afraid getting better won't be good enough. Either end your time here with more good points than bad or face... unfortunate consequences.'