#69- Waiting

JJ's POV

'Vikk? Vikk, where are you?' I shouted, panic lacing through my voice. He had fucking dissapeared, leaving me stood alone in this expanse of nothingness. He needed me, this couldn't be happening.

'Please tell me you're not dead.' A voice said from behind me. My brother. My murdered brother.

'Deji!' I said in shock, hugging him tightly. After a few seconds he pushed me away, laughing slightly, but his face quickly turned serious.

'Well?' He said. He didn't say it, but I knew what he was asking.

'Bro, I'm sorry.' I said quietly.

'Fucking hell.' He whispered under his breath, looking up at me with teary eyes. 'Fucking hell. Did... did they get you too?'

'Did who get me?' I asked, dreading the answer.

'I'm not... not entirely sure to be honest. The same ones who got me, I guess. I've got some ideas, but I genuinely don't know. What about the police? Mum and dad? Do they know who killed me?'

'No, no they don't. They didn't press any charges except against, well, me.' I said.

'You? But you could never-'

'I don't know, alright? I don't know if I did it. I don't remember anything. The police were asking me all these fucking questions but I don't know. The night you got... the night you died, I've got no memory of what happened.'

'You don't think...?' He said. The look in my eyes was enough for an answer. 'JJ... it couldn't have been you. I mean, it could have been, but I was in bad with some of those guys you introduced me to. It was them.' He said, though he made it sound more like a question.

'What guys?' I asked, swallowing the lump in my throat.

'That night, at Jay's party. You introduced us, said I should go to them if I ever wanted to score.' He explained.

'So it's my fault, whether I actually did it or not. It's always my fucking fault.' I said, too quietly for him to hear.

'That doesn't matter anyway. We can't change the past.' He said, putting a hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off.

'Shit, I need to get back to them.' I said, more to myself than anyone else.

'Back to who?'

'The others. My, uh, my friends. We came through this fucked up little portal thing, and now I'm here and they're not-'

'Where is 'here' anyway?' Deji interrupted. 'I don't remember much, just the start of that night, and then...'

'Then what?'

'Red.' He said. Shit.

'We'll get out of here, ok? And when we do, stick together, yeah? I don't want to lose you again.' I said, and he nodded. 'Look, I just want you to know that I'm sorry. I really fucked you over.' He opened his mouth to interrupt, but I held up a hand. 'There's really no denying that, Dej. I did. I need you to know that I regret that, and I'm sorry. If I could do it all again, have a second chance, then I'd be a better brother.'

He didn't say anything, just smiled sadly and stared up at me with his blue eyes. Wait, blue eyes?

'Oh, you fucking prick.' I said, staring in disbelief as my brother's grin grew into a smug smirk. I blinked, and it was Michel's face in front of me.

'Now now, darling.' He said, smoothing out his tie. 'There's no need for that!'

'Fucker!' I shouted, swinging at him. My fist met nothing but white smoke.

'Neanderthal.' He said from behind me, before covering his grimace with a smile.

'What did you do with my brother?!' I demanded. He pouted at me, a glint of malice in his eyes.

'Darling, you didn't really think that was your brother, did you?' He said, tutting. 'So naive.'

'But-' I said, but I was in disbeief. For once, I wasn't angry. Just... cold. I couldn't process it. That was my one chance, my one chance to make things right with my brother, and it wasn't even him. How could Michael do this to me? What kind of sick trial is this?

'Anyway, dear, you passed!' He said with a sick grin. 'Let's go. They're waiting.'

A/N- Ok so I may have accidentally taken a month and a half hiatus. Oops lol.