#49- Back Soon

Joshua's POV

'I can't just watch.' I said, glaring as Phil circled Simon and JJ.

'I know. We can't help them if we're caught too.' Ethan replied.

'Where'd you find this one?' Phil asked.

'In an office, corridor B.' A Red spoke up.

'CORRIDOR B?!' Phil roared. 'YOU LET AN EIDOLON THAT CLOSE TO A?' He spun towards the Red who had spoken, grabbing him by the shoulders. Phil shook the Red, before dropping him and waking towards a wall, breathing heavily. He stayed still for a few seconds, facing the wall, before turning back to the Red. 'Who here is in charge of security?' He whispered in a low voice. The Red pointed to the biggest guy in the room, who glared back. Phil walked over, seizing an axe from someone as he went and standing toe to toe with the much bigger man. He didn't say a word, just dragged him into the centre of the ring of Reds, forcing Harry over to one side. Phil touched his axe to the Red's neck, then lifted it, and swung. The Red's body fell to one side and his head to the other, practically falling onto Harry. Blood splattered all over the walls, the floors, and my friends. Simon gasped in shock, wiping the blood from his face. I'm going to kill Phil.

'Clean this shit up,' Phil ordered, 'And get those Eidolons out of here. Keep them alive. For now.' With that, he dropped his axe and stalked out of the room. Most of the Reds filed out after him, with a couple, including me and Ethan, remaining still. Some of the Reds moved forward to drag the body out of the room, and some went to grab Simon and the others. I pointed Ethan towards Vikk as I hurried towards Simon. JJ held Simon close to his side protectively, looking terrified for him, and for Vikk, whom he'd somehow managed to manoeuvre onto his lap. He wouldn't let them go until he saw that it was me and Ethan. Still, he was reluctant to let Ethan take Vikk even as a Red grabbed his own arm and hauled him up. I helped Simon up as gently as I could. He looked in pain, but relieved. Relief slowly melted into confusion as he stared at me.

'Joshua?' He asked.

'How did you...?' I began before Ethan interrupted us, telling us to the hurry the fuck up and follow the others and the Reds. We couldn't just escape with Simon and Vikk- JJ, Harry and Tobi needed us. This wasn't over. 'Can you walk?' I asked, dumping my axe and grabbing Simon's arm, wrapping it around my shoulders. Simon nodded, then fell before he even took a step. I sighed and picked him up bridal-style. 'Try not to blush too much, I'm supposed to be an evil demon guy.'

'When did I say you weren't?' Simon said, his face completely red. I rolled my eyes and jogged to keep up with Ethan, who was carrying Vikk. As we rounded a corner I saw a Red disappear into an office, dragging Harry behind him. Guess we're going that way. We followed the Red into the office, this one with desks, 3 to a side. JJ was handcuffed to the third desk back on the left, Tobi opposite him. Harry was just being handcuffed to the desk next to Tobi's. Ethan laid Vikk down next to Harry and took some handcuffs off of a Red to secure him to the table leg. I could hear him muttering apologies to the unconscious boy, doing his best to tuck Tobi's jacket behind Vikk's head. I broke off my staring and set Simon down next to JJ. I followed Ethan's example and took some handcuffs from a Red, loosely cuffing Simon's right wrist to the table leg.

'You'll be back soon, right?' Simon whispered nervously.

'Yeah, as soon as I've killed that Phil motherfucker.' I replied.

'Joshua...'

'Fine, fine, I'll be back soon.'

A/N- Anyone got any sidemen fluff fanfic recommendations? I just re-read 'Our Little Star' by WwhotoShmoo and I need FLUFF!!