Chapter 1 New life

Things are great, really great. Being a single mother was a challenge but I'm on my feet, I have a job at a club that I really like where I'm standing for the arrangements. I have a beautiful daughter; Amy and I have a sweet boyfriend; Ken. I stayed with Rachel when I first came back to New York, we talked things through and we are good now. Amy is 4 now and she reminds me so much of Marshall not only by look but also her personality. Still this day today I don't regret my decision, specially not now that I have Ken to take the father role. Ken has been in Amy's life since she was 2 and she calls him dad and all that. People may have some opinions about that but I don't care because she's never gonna know who her real father is, as far as Amy knows; Ken is her dad.
Lucas and Tasha have been in New York a few times and we still stay in touch like promised which also does that I've been known a lot of things that has been going on in Marshall's life. What I was most disappointed about was the fact that him and Kim got married again, but I guess that was just another thing that he lied about. I miss him everyday and every time I look at Amy I do imagine what it would feel like to share the love for her with him but he didn't deserve us. Ken doesn't know that Amy's real father is Eminem and even though the whole world knows that we have been a couple then Ken have never suspected it to be him. I told Kevin that I got pregnant from a one night stand after me and Marshall and that I don't know who the guy is. Ken treats Amy like she's his own and she really is, maybe she's not his by blood but he's her father. I haven't spoken with Kevin and Melissa since that night where I came to Kevin's house, it seemed meaningless talking to them as I knew it would just get awkward. If they want to be together then let them, but Melissa as my best friend should have told me.

I walk into the house and I see Amy sitting on the floor playing with her dolls as our nanny is cleaning the kitchen.
"Hello Jackie." I say to the nanny.
"Hi Amelia." She says and Amy now runs as fast as she can over to me and hugs my leg.
"Mommy!" She says excited.
"Hi baby." I say as I lift her up. "Have you had a good day?" I ask her and she nods.
"Me and Jackie went to the park." Amy says.
"That sounds like fun." I say in a cheerly voice.
"And we met my friend Denice, right?" Jackie asks Amy.
"Yes and she had a puppy mommy!" Amy almost yells. "I want a puppy mommy!" Oh god, I feared this day would come.
"No baby, we don't have time for a puppy." I say because we simply don't.
"Mommy please.." Amy begs.
"No Amy it's not fair for the puppy when we don't have the time." I say and she puts on her sad face. "I'm sorry baby."
"I'll just ask daddy." She says now with a pissy face instead. She's so cute when she's angry.
"Do that then but I know you'll get the same answer." I say and put her down. The doorbell now rings and I already know that it's Rachel because she promised to come by today. I walk out to the front door and open it.
"Hi honey." Rachel says and gives me a hug.
"Hi Rach." I say and she walks into the house.
"Grandma!" Amy says and runs over and hugs Rachel. Yes Amy calls Rachel for grandma because Rachel is like a mother to me and she's never gonna become a grandmother otherwise.
"Hi pumpkin." Rachel says and lifts Amy up in her arms.
"Mommy says that I can't have a puppy." Amy says.
"Because we don't have the time Amy." I say once again.
"A puppy is a big responsibility Amy." Rachel now says.
"But I want one." Amy says.
"When you're 18 you can get a puppy." I laugh which just makes Amy cross her arms over her chest in anger.
"Where does this come from?" Rachel asks me.
"She saw a puppy in the park today." I explain.
"Oh." Rachel says.
Amy forgets about that puppy for awhile as Rachel distracts her a little. I'm so happy that Rachel takes on this role because now that mom can't do it then I wouldn't let nobody but Rachel do it. It hurts that my mom ain't here to see Amy and get to know her, she truly is a blessing and I thank Marshall deep down for hand her to me. I feel sorry for Marshall that he doesn't know her sometimes, but he has his own family to take care of and I bet he doesn't even think about me anymore.
Suddenly the front door goes up and Ken walks in.
"Daddy, can I get a puppy?" Amy immediately asks and Ken looks surprised about her question. He looks at me now and I give him that look which says 'don't say yes'. Ken has a weakness for her begging and it could be just like him to say yes without thinking about the consequences.
"No baby." Ken says and Amy sighs deeply. Ken lifts me up and wrap my legs around his waist as he kisses me. I'm surprised about his action but I can't help but giggle against his lips.
"What's wrong with you?" I laugh.
"I closed a big deal today." Ken says. Ken is a realtor and I guess he just sold the 7 million house today that he talked about yesterday.
"Congratulations!" I say and kiss him.
"Let's celebrate later." He says in my ear as he puts me down. "Why does she suddenly want a puppy?"
"She saw one at the park today." I explain. The rest of the day we just have a nice time, Rachel stays for dinner and Amy enjoys having her here.

Sorry for the short chapter but I hoped you liked it :) I have the first chapter of Side by Side uploaded, please do me a favor and check it out :) don't forget to comment and vote.