Chapter 9 Marshall's demand

3 months later..

Marshall and Amy have spend a lot of time together, he's been traveling a lot to New York because of his new album which is soon gonna be released. Sometimes I just drop her off at Rachel and it's easy because then I don't have to look at Marshall. I haven't told Ken about my agreement with Amy and I traveling to Detroit when she's ready, I figured I would break it to him when Amy is ready.

I sit at work when my phone rings and I see that it's Marshall. He usually calls me when he's in town and wanna see Amy.

"Hi." I say when I pick up.
"Yo. Listen.. I have a few weeks off before the releasing of my new album, so I figured that it would be a good time for Amy to come to Detroit and meet her siblings."
"Marshall, she's not ready." I say. It's only been 4 months since Marshall walked into our life.
"Is she not ready or are you not ready?" He asks. I'm far from ready to face my old life again.
"Don't put it on me."
"I do put it on you because I believe it's about how you feel about this. Amy will be fucking fine as long as you are with her."
"I just think it's such short notice.. I have my work and I can't just take some days off to go to Detroit." I say.
"It's just a weekend or something." He says.
"When?" I ask.
"In two weeks or something."
"And where are we gonna stay?"
"In my house, there's room enough." He suggests and I can't help but laugh. Does he really expect me to stay in his house for a whole weekend with Amy? Like that doesn't look wrong?
"I'm not staying at your place." I say.
"If you have some sick idea that I would ever fucking try to hit on you after what you've done, then you're truly fucking insane Amelia." He says.
"I'm not staying at your place." I repeat myself.
"Fine. Make it more difficult then it needs to be."
"Yeah."
"You can stay in my old house then."
"Thank you." I say.
"And just you and Amy, I'll go insane if you bring Ken."
"I won't Marshall." I say irritated. I already promised him that so why would he think that I would do it?
"Good." He says. "Does Ken know about it?"
"Why do you care?" I ask as I really don't think it concerns him.
"So you haven't." He says. He knows me way too well. I don't answer him because he has already figured it out, so what does it matter? "Don't you ever get tired of hiding things from people?"
"Shut up Marshall."
"No I won't fucking shut up. Haven't you noticed how it just backfires in your fucking face every time? And how people lose their trust in you? I loved you unconditionally but you fucking destroyed that. The fact that I can never love you again means that you've really fucked up this time. It should be your fucking lesson so you won't make that mistake with your new boyfriend."
"If you would just stay the fuck away then things would be very fine. The problem is that you walk into my life and make demands." I hiss.
"Do you think I want to be near you? No, I just have to because of Amy."
"You don't even know her Marshall, why the fuck is it so important to you?"
"Because she's mine! How would you feel if you had a child out in the world that you knew of? Wouldn't you like to get to know it?" He asks. I guess I would..
"Of course." I say.
"Then be a little more understanding Amelia."
"I'm sorry." I say. "It's just a fucked up situation and I know I can only blame myself but still."
"Then be fucking honest with Ken because else he will leave your ass man. I can see that Amy cares a lot about him and she doesn't need to be broken just because her mom can't seem to be honest."
"Okay I get it Marshall." I say as I really don't need more of his peep talk.
"Good. I will order some tickets for you and Amy so you can leave next Friday."
"Sounds good." I say.
"Cool. Bye." He says and hangs up.

After work..

I walk into my home and I see Jamie and Amy sit on the floor reading books. Amy looks up and she runs straight over to me forgetting all about the book.
"Mommy." She says as she hugs me.
"Hi baby." I say and lift her up. "Have you had a good day?"
"Yes." She just says. "Mommy, I saw Marshall in the television today." Amy doesn't know about Eminem. I think I forgot the fact that I also have to tell her that Marshall is very famous. His new single has just been released so I guess she saw the music video "we made you".
"Okay." I say smiling.
"He was funny." She giggles. "He was dressed up."
"He was?" I ask excited.
"Yes." She says. "Mommy, can I also come in tv?"
"Maybe some day." I say smiling. It's funny how children don't understand that it actually requires something to be on tv. I love the mind of a kid, how they think everything is possible, it must be great to believe that! Children see the world from a whole other perspective which adults could learn something from. I was never a child for long because I experienced from an early age how cruel the world was. That's why I don't want to confuse Amy with all this "having a new father" thing. I want her to be a child and when she gets older then she can know the truth.

Later Ken comes home and we eat dinner before we put Amy to bed. I know that I have to discuss Detroit with Ken today because if I don't then I'll never tell him.
"Marshall called today." I say as I put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher.
"Is he already coming to New York again?" Ken asks as he was just here last week.
"No, he wants Amy to come to Detroit for the weekend next Friday." I say as I close the dishwasher.
"What did he say when you didn't agree?" He asks and I just look at him. He looks back at me and when I still don't say anything then it becomes clear to him. "You're not serious."
"I've promised him a long time ago that Amy could meet her siblings when she was ready." I say.
"And do you really think she's ready to stay at a strangers house without her parents?" He frowns.
"No and Marshall is not a stranger but I'm coming with her." I say and I can already see by the look on his face that he doesn't like this idea, which I completely understand.
"It didn't take him a long time to manipulate you again." Ken chuckles in a irritated way.
"I don't like the idea either Ken but it's his daughter and he has the right to make this demand." I say.
"So can I come with you?" Ken asks.
"No, Marshall doesn't like strangers around him or his family." I say.
"I'm not a stranger, I'm Amy's other dad." He says.
"I know but you're a stranger to his family." I say.
"He's very smart to pull a trick like that. He has you a whole weekend without me, it's his best shot." Ken says.
"Trust me Ken, Marshall doesn't like the fact that I have to be around." I say as it has become clear to me how much he doesn't like me.
"That's what he says now." Ken says. "I can't let you go there by yourself for a whole weekend Amelia, it's wrong and I don't like it."
"Ken, we're not even gonna sleep in the same house together." I say. "Don't you trust me?"
"I don't trust him." Ken says.
"But if you trust me then it should be enough." I say.
"How am I suppose to believe that?" He asks. "You were suppose to marry Kevin and still you canceled the wedding so you could be with Marshall."
"That's a long time ago." I frown. I don't think it's fair that he plays that card. "I would never run you over like that Ken."
"Try to see it from my perspective." Ken says. I really understand Ken, I do but Marshall has his right to make this demand and my hands are tied.
"I really understand you but do you know what Marshall said today?" I ask but continue before he can answer. "He said that it was stupid of me to not tell you about the deal that Amy was gonna meet the girls when she was ready, he told me that I should be honest with you, because else you would leave me and he didn't want that because he could see how much Amy loves you."
"I'm still not comfortable with it." He says. Clearly he doesn't give a fuck about what I just told him.
"There's no other option Ken. Would you rather have her going alone?" I ask.
"No I would rather have the three of us going." He says.
"But that's not an option." I say.
"Of course not." He says as he rolls his eyes. "It's Marshall's way or no way." And Ken is right about that but my hands are really tied here.
"Don't you think it pisses me off?" I ask as he acts like the victim here. "I don't want to look at him and I don't want him in our life but like you said; I made at choice and now I have to take the consequences."
"I know." He sighs. "But it still makes me uncomfortable." I walk over to him and run my hands down his chest.
"I understand." I say and kiss him. "If it helps then it makes me uncomfortable too. I have to come face to face with an old life that I don't wanna look back at. I have to come face to face with Kim who hates me and now has another reason to be at my throat." I say. I know that Kim isn't gonna shut up and I know that she'll share her honest opinion. She never liked me and she probably still doesn't.
"I just want you and Amy to call me everyday." He says. He didn't even have to ask about that, I would have done it anyways.
"We will." I promise him. I think I'm more nervous about this weekend than Ken is.

Share your thoughts please <3 I love your support!