Chapter 8 Ken vs Marshall

2 weeks later

Today we're going home to Rachel because Marshall is once again in town and he wants to see Amy, Ken is coming with us this time like I promised him and it actually makes me feel better that he's there. Amy is very excited to see Marshall again which I think is very nice for her, she should just know how uncomfortable it makes her mom to be in the same room with Marshall. There's only one thing that makes me more nervous and that is to have Marshall and Ken in the same room together. I don't have anything to hide from Ken but I'm just nervous that this could turn ugly. I know how Marshall can be, how he likes to provoke people and how he can start trouble. I've tried to warn Ken about it and he assures me that he won't let him provoke him, so I don't need to worry about that and I just hope that he's right.

We walk into Rachel's house and we find Marshall and Rachel in the kitchen. Rachel walks over and hugs us and I can see that Marshall is a little surprised that I brought Ken with me.
"Hi Amy." Marshall says softly.
"Hi." She says shyly.
"What do you have there in your hand?" Marshall asks but she's too shy to answer. Amy has brought a coloring book because she knew that Marshall was here and she wanted to draw with him.
"It's a coloring book, right baby?" I ask her and she nods. "She brought it with her because she knew you were here." I say to him.
"That's cool." Marshall says to Amy. "Let's draw then." He says and drag a chair out next to him that she can sit on. Ken wraps his arms around my waist and I know he does it to send a message, he's so intimidated by Marshall which he doesn't need to be, but if it makes him feel better then I don't complain that he's affectionate with me. I see Marshall glare at us shortly before he returns his eyes to the coloring book, I can tell that he gets irritated but I just don't understand why. If he doesn't have any feelings for me like he told me last time then why does it bother him?
"Amy, can you draw by yourself a little then I'll be right back?" Marshall asks her as he gets up from the chair and Amy just nods. Marshall walks past me as he says "We need to talk." in a low voice. I follow him upstairs to my old room where Marshall turns around and look at me.
"Why the fuck did you bring him?" He asks me.
"Because he wanted to come with us." I say.
"Not only am I forced to look at you but I also have to look at him?" He asks.
"We're a family and by that a package." I say and Ken now walks into the room.
"What's the problem?" Ken asks.
"I just need to discuss something with Amelia." Marshall says and I can really tell that he tries to control himself.
"You're here to see Amy so I can't see what you have to discuss with Amelia." Ken says.
"I don't know if you know but we actually have a kid together." Marshall says sarcastically.
"So why don't you go downstairs and spend some time with her?" Ken pushes it.
"Ken.." I try to stop this before it escalates.
"I don't know if you're worried about me jacking your lady or something, but I'm done with that sick bitch so don't you worry about that." Marshall says.
"I swear if you ever talk about her in that way again.." Ken hisses.
"Then what?" Marshall laughs. "Are you even aware of who you're in a relationship with? Because if you are then you're just as fucked up as she is."
"If you're trying to put all the history you have together on her then you're truly insane." Ken says.
"She lied to you too." Marshall says and continues. "She didn't even have the fucking guts to tell you that Amy was my kid."
"Why do you care?" Ken asks him.
"Because you're fronting me and try to intimidate me when she's the one who created this fucking mess." Marshall says.
"Amelia did what she thought was the right thing to do." Ken defends me.
"Wow.." Marshall chuckles. "You're truly made for each other."
"Thank you." Ken says throwing some sarcasm in his direction.
"So I guess she also told you that she cheated on you with me at my best friend's funeral?" Marshall asks as he apparently still thinks that I did that. I did not cheat on Ken, me and Ken met each other about a month after Deshaun's funeral. But what Marshall says is enough for Ken to give me a very angry look.
"That's not true. We didn't even know each other when Deshaun died." I say.
"That's what you told me." Marshall says.
"I said that Ken was the father to cover my lie so you jump to that conclusion." I say. "I did not cheat on Ken but it was a part of the lie I had to tell you so you wouldn't find out that Amy was yours."
"Don't you sometimes realize how fucked up you are?" Marshall frowns.
"I'm fucked up? You just tried to destroy my relationship. Would it had given you satisfaction to know that you destroyed something for me?" I ask.
"Yeah it's about time that you pay back." Marshall says. I can't believe that he's putting all this on me, not after what he's put me through. He knows he's the reason I left and still he's talking bullshit.
"You should really think about your next words." Ken warns him but it doesn't seem to affect Marshall one bit
"You're just as fucked up for staying with her." Marshall just says to Ken.
"Maybe you should actually go downstairs and spend some time with Amy." I say now.
"Yeah but we're not fucking done talking about this." Marshall says and leaves the room.
"You've never told me that you slept with him at Deshaun's funeral." Ken now says.
"No because it was before us." I say.
"Still." He says.
"I didn't think it mattered." I shrug.
"You met him one time after you moved away from him and then you jumped right on his dick even after what he had done." Ken frowns. Clearly he doesn't get it.
"Our best friend had died and we both needed each other in some weird way, it wasn't like I stayed there, no I went straight home the day after." I tell him.
"But it's not very comforting." He says.
"Do we look like two people who's dying to sleep together now?" I ask offended as I get really angry with him now.
"I'm just saying Amelia." He sighs.
"Don't you trust me? Is that it? Because then I rather just end this now." I say as I don't need a boyfriend who doesn't trust me.
"Did I say that?" He asks. "I'm just saying that you're way too naive when it comes to him."
"Not this time." I assure him.
"I hope not." He says. "I would hate to see him manipulating you. I don't think I'd put up with that."
"I understand." I say and kiss him.

We go back downstairs and Amy and Marshall is so caught up in their drawing. They spend a few hours together and Amy is having fun which is the only thing that matters.
"Why don't you and grandma go into the living room and watch some cartoon?" Marshall suddenly asks Amy. I find it a little weird that he suddenly wants that but I don't doubt that it's because he wants to talk to me. Amy disappears into the living room with Rachel which leaves me, Ken and Marshall alone.
"Marshall.. I don't wanna argue." I say.
"Could you maybe leave me and Amelia alone?" Marshall asks Ken.
"No. Whatever you have to say, you can say in front of me." Ken says.
"No because you can't keep your bitch mouth closed." Marshall says.
"Marshall." I hiss.
"Make him leave Amelia or God help me I'll lose my fucking shit." Marshall warns me.
"You can't leave him out of this." I say.
"Amelia.. I'm fucking serious." He says trough his gritted teeth and I know now that I have to make Ken leave.
"Could you give us a minute baby?" I ask softly.
"Amelia, you promised me.."
"Trust me on this baby." I cut Ken off.
"Fine." He sighs and leaves the kitchen.
"You just have to rub him in my face? Remind me that my daughter is calling another man her father?" Marshall asks.
"We can't leave him out of this Marshall, it's her father.."
"I'm her father Amelia." He cuts me off.
"You know what I mean." I say.
"I can't believe how you can look at yourself in the mirror everyday and not feel sick about yourself." Marshall says.
"Is that it? Are you just gonna offend me again because then me and Amy are just leaving." I ask.
"I want shared custody." He drops the bomb.
"No Marshall." I put my foot down.
"No? I have every fucking right to." He hisses.
"She's met you twice Marshall, you can't pull this down over her head." I say.
"I'm not saying that I want to have her on the weekends immediately, I'm just saying that she has a family in Detroit that she deserves to know." Marshall says.
"She needs to be way older." I say.
"How old?" He asks.
"Old enough for her to know the truth." I say.
"I can't wait that long Amelia." He says.
"You just have to." I say.
"Again, we can take this to court and see who wins then." Marshall threatens me once again.
"Are you really gonna threaten me? Because I can threat with shit too, you know." I say.
"What?"
"I can tell the press why we broke up, give you a really bad reputation." I say.
"Try Amelia and then see what happens." Marshall says.
"I'm not scared of you Marshall."
"But how would you like that the whole knows that you gave birth to my daughter in all secret?" He asks. I would be the most hated person in America if he told people that, people would really not talk nicely about me, plus everyone would know that Marshall is Amy's father.
"Did you really expect me to send her to Detroit to meet her siblings without her parents?" I ask.
"If it makes you more comfortable then you can come with her." He sighs showing me that he doesn't like the thought about that.
"And Ken." I demand.
"No I'm not gonna spend a whole weekend with that motherfucker." Marshall refuses.
"He's my boyfriend." I say.
"If I spend too much time with that dude then I'll end up fucking up his face." Marshall says.
"What's your problem with him?" I ask.
"Did you really just ask that?" He laughs sarcastically.
"Yes." I say. "If you don't feel anything for me then I can't see what the problem is."
"My problem is his fucking problem with me and my problem is the way he fronted me upstairs." Marshall says.
"You were no better Marshall." I say.
"I want her to meet the girls and I don't want Ken to interact with my fucking family, you know how I feel about that shit." He says. Even though that Ken ain't gonna like this then I really understand Marshall. He's a celebrity and he doesn't like people who he doesn't know to step into his territory, he really likes his privacy.
"Okay, I get it." I say. "But it's gonna be when Amy is ready."
"Of course. I don't want to push her." Marshall agrees.
"Thank you." I say. I know Ken ain't gonna like it..

What do you think? Comment and vote <3