Chapter 32 Chill day

We've stayed in Detroit for a little over a week now and everything goes well, Marshall and me are communicating better and we're not at each other's throat that much. Of course we have some disagreements but it's nothing.

Marshall has invited us for a chill day at the house, both of us.. he usually just picks up Amy and sometimes I go with them because I also wanna spend time with Amy, but he never invites me.
"So what are we gonna do today?" I ask Marshall curious in the car.
"Just chill." He shrugs.
"Sounds boring." I say.
"Any suggestions miss rudeness?" He asks cocky but not in a mean way.
"We could play some games." I suggest.
"Boring." He says back.
"What's your plans then?" I ask.
"Whatever Amy wants." He says.
"Amy what do you wanna do today?" I ask her louder so she can hear me.
"I wanna play in the pool." She says. Great suggestion when I don't have anything to wear in the pool.
"Marshall is gonna be happy to do that." I say and Marshall shoots me an evil glare.
"No, you're gonna join today." He says.
"I don't have anything to wear in the pool." I tell him.
"You have your underwear." He says.
"You wish." I roll my eyes. I'm not gonna jump into the pool in my underwear.

We get to the house and we walk out to the kitchen straight away as Amy has complained about being hungry. Marshall makes her a sandwich and we sit at the table.
"Have you talked to Jake yet?" Marshall asks.
"No, I kinda forgot." I say honestly. I've just been dealing with so much that I forgot. I haven't even got time for Robyn yet.
"Will you please do it then?" He asks and I nod. "Today?"
"Sure."
"I wanna make sure that it doesn't get out to the press." He explains and I get where he's coming from because I'm not interested in that either.
"I understand." I say and take the phone out of my pocket.

To Robyn (11:32 am)
Do you have Jake's number? I really need to talk too him.

Shortly after Robyn sends the number so I go to Marshall's office to make the call. It rings a couple of times before it gets picked up.

"Jake." He says.
"Hi Jake. It's Amelia." I say.
"Amelia, what's up?"
"Ehh.. I got told that you drove me home at that night at the club." I cut right to the case.
"I did."
"I just wanna make sure that you won't tell anyone about it."
"I won't Amelia. I'm not trying to sell a story, you should know that. I already promised you that I won't say a word to anybody."
"Sorry, I don't really remember much from that night." I apologize.
"You don't?"
"No, I remember that girl attacking me and somehow after that everything is deleted." I tell him.
"So you don't remember what happened?" He asks and I'm not sure what he talks about now.
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"You don't remember what you did after Robyn pulled the girl away from you?" He asks and I can feel the nervousness built up now.
"No?"
"You went completely pit bull on her."
"Oh god.." I say as I'm afraid what I've done. "What did I do?"
"You put that girl in the hospital."
"Omg! Is she okay?" I feel bad now.
"Yeah yeah she's fine. But you're lucky she didn't press charges and that I was there because you were very closed from getting arrested."
"Yeah Robyn said something about that."
"But you took some bad beatings yourself." He says worried.
"I'm fine." I assure him.
"So.. are you back in Detroit for good? I mean.. do you want Amy to stay close with Marshall?" He asks and I hit myself on the forehead with the palm of my hand.
"I told you that?" I ask.
"You told me everything."
"It's the last time that I'm gonna drink." I say. I can't believe that I told him all my secrets just because I was drunk.
"So you really don't remember anything from when I drove you home?" He asks. Why is he asking like that?
"No. what did I do now?"
"Nothing." He chuckles. Oh boy., I did something.
"I did something."
"No, you said something."
"Oh no, what did I say?" I already get embarrassed.
"You just told me that if I wasn't married that you would want me to fuck you." He says. Okay, it ain't that bad.
"I thought it was worse." I say relieved.
"And then you told me in details how you wanted me to take you." He laughs. No!! I didn't do that, did I? He's married and I really don't wanna disrespect his wife.
"Omg, I'm so so so sorry." I apologize.
"Don't apologize, it was a nice compliment."
"Omg, why would you tell me that Jake?" I laugh in embarrassment.
"Because it was kind of fun." He chuckles.
"Not at all." I giggle and he just laughs but he doesn't say anything. "But anyways.. I just wanted to make sure that my secret was safe."
"I thought you knew me Amelia. I don't open my mouth like that to anybody."
"I know but I promised Marshall to check in with you."
"I should've known that he doesn't trust me."
"He doesn't trust many."
"I guess not."
"But I really have to get back to Amy now." I say.
"Okay. I work at Iven every Saturday if you wanna come by and say hi."
"I don't think I'm gonna go out in the nearest future." I giggle.
"But now you know."
"Yes thank you. Really, thank you for everything." I say.
"You're welcome."
"Bye Jake."
"Bye Amelia. Stay in touch."
"I will."

We say our goodbyes and hang up. I walk back to the kitchen and I can't find Amy or Marshall in there. I walk around in the house and I finally find them in the indoor pool area. Amy is already in the water with her arm floats on as Marshall stands at the edge only wearing swim pants.
"Everything is good." I inform him.
"Cool." He says and he looks at my body now. "Are you going in like that?"
"I told you; I'm not going in." I say.
"You are." He says dead serious.
"Come on mommy." Amy begs.
"Not today baby." I say softly.
"Yeah today." Marshall says.
"No." I laugh.
"I'm not playing Amelia, I'm dead serious." He says which has slowly become clear to me.
"So am I." I say.
"Really?" He asks and grabs me.
"What are you doing?" I ask surprised and Marshall now lifts me. I don't hope he's gonna do what I think he's gonna do! "Put me down!" I scream but before I know it; Marshall throws me into the pool. When I come up above the water, I can hear Amy and Marshall laugh hysterically. I can't believe he just did that. "You're so gonna pay for this!"
"Oh really?" He chuckles and jumps into the pool as well.
"Yeah really." I warn him.
"Mommy your clothes is wet." Amy laughs.
"It is." I giggle and I begin to take it off so it doesn't get ruined. At last I'm only in my underwear.
"I have to pee." She now says in a low voice.
"Then go to the bathroom baby." I say and I lift her up from the pool and she runs off. "I sure hope that you have some dry clothes for me." I say to Marshall as I turn around and face him.
"You can just borrow some of mine." He shrugs.
"Like I can fit into your clothes fat ass." I say which makes him grab me and pull me closer.
"Who are you calling a fat ass?" He asks as he lifts me up over his head. Holy shit he's become strong!
"Marshall put me down!" I scream.
"With my pleasure." He says and throws me in the water again. When I come up again, I can see Marshall with a goofy smile on his face.
"You're such an asshole!" I say.
"Watch your mouth lady." He smiles and I jump him now trying to force him down under the water. We're both laughing hysterically at my bad attempt of trying. "Just give up already." He laughs.
"Are you afraid that you might lose?" I laugh and he now presses me against the pool wall.
"To you? No." He laughs. It feels so weird being this close to him and it's very confusing, because him pressing me against the wall like this feels like flirting but I don't know. Would he really flirt with me after what has happened?
"You should." I just say smiling and he just looks at me. Something is definitely happening right now but I don't know what. Suddenly he just backs away and runs his hand down his face, I know he just realized the same thing that I did.
"You're fucking with my head Amelia." He sighs.
"I haven't done anything." I get defensive now. It was him who threw me into the pool and it was him who backed me up in a corner.
"I know." He says and looks at me. "It's the worse thing because you don't have to do anything."
"What do you.." but I stop talking as I hear the bathroom door swing open.