Chapter 23 A day out

Next morning

I wake up by the feeling of Amy moving around in the bed. I open my eyes to see her playing with her feet.
"Good morning baby." I say to her which makes her look at me smiling.
"Good morning mommy." She says.
"How did you sleep?" I ask her.
"Good." She just says. "I'm hungry."
"Okay." I say and sit up. "Let's go downstairs then." We put on some clothes and go downstairs, here's very quiet so I guess Marshall isn't awake yet. I walk into the kitchen and open the fridge to see what he has.
"I want cereal." Amy says and points at the cereal at the table. I take the cereal and pour it into a bowl and serve it with some milk. We walk over to the table and sit down. I just sit there talking with Amy as she eats her cereal. I can't eat anything and it's not like I feel like grabbing any food from Marshall's kitchen to myself.
Suddenly Marshall walks into the kitchen looking all sweaty.
"Oh, you're already up." Marshall comments as he walks over to the fridge.
"Amy was hungry." I say and Marshall grabs a water in the fridge and drink it all.
"You're sweating." Amy says.
"Amy." I correct her.
"But he does mommy." She frowns.
"But you don't say that to people." I tell her. "I think Marshall is aware that he's sweating."
"You want a sweaty hug?" Marshall asks Amy and walk over to her.
"No!" She screams but Marshall hugs her anyway which makes her screams turn into laughter. "You stink!" She laughs. I can't help but laugh with them as they now wrestle around.
"Alright.." Marshall laughs as he lets go of Amy. "I think it's time for me to take a shower."
"I think Amy would appreciate that." I say smiling.
"Don't be smart." Marshall warns me. "You can get it to." He says.
"No thank you." I say smiling and Marshall leaves the kitchen to take a shower.

Amy finishes her breakfast and I realize that I could use some clean clothes for me and Amy. It feels wrong and weird that I've stayed a night in his house. I know that me and Ken aren't together anymore but it still feels weird. I want it to work with me and Ken and the fact that I just stayed the night here doesn't look good from an outside perspective.
Amy goes in a plays in Whitney's room and I walk over to Marshall's bedroom door and knock on it gently.
"Come in." Marshall says from the inside.
"Are you dressed?" I ask still not opening the door.
"There isn't anything you haven't seen before." He says.
"I'm serious, I don't wanna come in if you're butt naked." I say in a serious tone.
"Chill, I'm dressed." Marshall says and I open the door to see him standing in his black sweatpants pulling a white tank top over his head. His abs are showing more off than they did when we were together, he may be skinnier now but his muscles are more showing.
"Me and Amy need some clean clothes." I say.
"Sure." He says. "We can drop by the house so you can change your clothes."
"That would be nice." I say. "But I was thinking if you could drop me off at Tasha and Lucas afterwards?"
"Alone?" He frowns.
"Yes. Then you can spend the day with Amy alone." I say.
"Cool." He says. "You can just call me when you wanna get home then I'll get my driver to pick you up."
"We're not gonna stay the night here." I make it clear to him.
"I didn't say you should, did I?" He frowns.
"No, I'm just saying."
"Fine." He says and I can tell that I just annoyed him.

We get ready and Marshall drive us to the house so we can change into some clean clothes. Marshall drives me to Tasha and Lucas afterwards and Amy is just fine going with Marshall alone. I knock on the door and Tasha opens, she already has a little baby bump and it looks amazing on her.
"Look at you!" I say excited and hug her.
"Hi." She says cheerly. I look at her once again and lay my hand on her stomach.
"You look so beautiful Tasha." I say and I now see Lucas. "Hi brow." I say and hug him.
"Hi sis." He says and we walk into the living room and sit down on the couch.
"How are you?" I ask them.
"We're really good." Lucas says. "What about you?"
"Let's not talk about that." I say smiling. I don't wanna bother them with my many problems. I'm here to visit them and here to suck in on their happiness.
"Oh shit, that ain't good." Tasha says.
"Seriously, I don't wanna talk about it." I say as I know Tasha wanna know what's going on.
"Spit it out." She demands.
"Everything is good, it's just this Marshall situation that bothers me." I lie because I really don't wanna talk about it. Tasha squeezes her eyes together and stare at me in this really scary way. "You're lying."
"I'm not!" I laugh.
"Now you're definitely lying." Lucas says.
"Do you have any ultra sound pictures?" I change the subject.
"Yeah but I don't share them with liars." Tasha gives me an attitude.
"Seriously T?" I sigh and she nods. "I just wanna celebrate your happiness and not bother you with my problems."
"Fine, we're gonna celebrate our happiness but when we're done with that, then you better tell be what the fuck is up." Tasha says getting up to find the pictures.
"I will." I promise.

We sit for two hours looking at pictures and she shows me all the things she's got so far. I've also send her a few things because every time I see baby clothes then I buy something for her. Suddenly my phone calls and I see that it's Ken which surprise me.
"Sorry, I gotta take this." I say and walk out to the hallway.

"Hi." I say.
"Can I please talk to Amy, Amelia? I miss her." He says.
"She's not here Ken, sorry. I can have her call you later." I say softly.
"Where is she?"
"With Marshall."
"Where are you?"
"With Tasha and Lucas."
"I wanna see you when you get home."
"Are you at the house right now?"
"Yes, I hope it's okay that I stayed here while you and Amy are gone."
"Of course. It's your house."
"Can I see you next week?"
"You know that you can just drop by. I haven't denied you to visit us. It's you who stay away from us."
"It's just.. I don't know what to believe anymore Amelia."
"What do you mean?" I ask confused.
"I wanna believe that you'll never go behind my back but with Marshall around then I'm just never sure."
"You should know me well enough to know that I would never do that. Why should I be with someone who costed me so much pain?"
"He just intimidates me, okay? I know that you had very strong feelings about him and now he's become what you want."
"He's not Ken. He's become sober, yes but he's still a manipulative asshole."
"You know.. we can talk about all this when you get home. I don't wanna disturb your time with Tasha and Lucas. Just have Amy call me and wish Tasha and Lucas congratulation from me."
"I will." I promise him.
"Thank you."

We say goodbye and hang up. I don't know if what he said means that he wants to get back together.
I walk back into the living room to see Tasha and Lucas look at me curious.
"What?" I ask them.
"Did Ken move out?" Tasha asks. Sneaky bitch! She's overheard my conversation.
"Yes." I sigh.
"Oh god, don't tell me that you're fucking up your relationship with a good guy because of Marshall again." Tasha rolls her eyes. Why the fuck does everyone believe that I'm gonna fuck over Ken for Marshall?!
"No!" I frown.
"What's going on then?" Lucas asks.
"Ken is feeling so insecure with Marshall back in my life. He made demands like he wanted to get married or have a kid for him to stay and I wouldn't do that. I wouldn't take big steps like that with force." I explain.
"Why is he insecure? What happened?" She asks.
"Nothing happened. We actually had a "family day" and when he saw me and Marshall together then he jumped to conclusions." I explain.
"Maybe you were acting in a certain way.." Lucas begins to talk.
"Really?" I cut him off. "Are you really gonna make a statement about my behavior when you weren't even there?"
"We all know your weakness for Marshall." Tasha says.
"That's a lot of years ago!" I say.
"It didn't take you much to jump on his dick at Deshaun's funeral." Tasha shrugs.
"It was an emotional day for both of us." I justify it. It was our way of dealing with what happened. We needed comfort and we found that in each other.
"I know but don't you see the pattern?" Tasha asks.
"I love Ken and it's him I want to be with." I assure her.
"Then you better prove it to him." Tasha says.
"I refuse to marry him or get pregnant to prove that." I still stand by my words.
"Then you better find you ways to win him back girl." Tasha says.
"I will." I say.

I stay at Tasha and Lucas for a lot of hours and Amy end up sleeping at Marshall while I just stay the night alone at his old house.