Chapter 10 A weekend in Detroit

We walk into the plane where we get lead to the first class, Marshall bought first class tickets which actually wasn't necessary but it's really up to him, I'm not gonna complain. Amy is so excited to go on vacation and go visit Marshall, me; I'm fucking nervous because I know that all people know what I did and they must not be too happy about it.
"Is this room going to fly us?" Amy asks as we sit down in our seats.
"We are on the plane now baby." I giggle and Amy looks out of the window. "And when we land in Detroit, Marshall is gonna pick us up in the airport."
"Why isn't daddy going to come with us?" She asks.
"He has to work." I lie. I still feel bad for going alone but there's no other option. I can't begin to imagine how Ken must feel, how many thoughts there's running through his head and how worried he must be.
"Do Marshall have a girlfriend?" She asks me now which is actually surprising because she hasn't asked about that before.
"I actually don't know sweetie." I say honestly because me and Marshall don't really talk unless it has something to do with Amy. "Why don't you ask him?"
"I thought you were his girlfriend mommy." She says. I'm a little shocked about why she would even think that, she really needs to understand the roles in this because if she gets confused then I don't wanna do this.
"No I'm daddy's girlfriend." I make it clear to her.
"Can't you have two boyfriends?" She asks curious.
"No honey, you can't." I say. We now get interrupted by the pilot who asks us to put our seatbelt on. He gives us a long speak about security and all the other information we need.

Finally we land in Detroit and it's really good because Amy really isn't good at sitting still for so long, she becomes a really pain in the ass when she has to sit still for too long, so I'm now a happy mother when we land.
I agreed with Marshall that we'll walk out and find his car so he doesn't get recognized in the airport. We walk outside and I immediately spot his Mercedes.
"There he is." I tell Amy as I point his car out. I lift our suitcases into the trunk as I don't want Marshall to get out of the car. The worse case scenario would be if people saw him picking me and Amy up, I could just imagined the headlines!
I put Amy into the backseat where I afterwards get in on the front seat, I don't really think much about it, I just think it's a habit.
"Hi Marshall!" Amy says excited.
"Hi Amy." Marshall says and he reaches behind the seat with his one hand to squeeze her hand. "How was the flight?" He asks me as he begins to drive out of the airport.
"It was good but she got really bored." I tell him.
"Yeah, remember how Hailie was when she was with us?" He asks. Hailie was exact the same way but it's just worse with Amy because we're not on a private jet.
"Amy is way worse." I say and he doesn't say anything, it's like he doesn't wanna hold on a conversation with me more than necessary. "So what now? Are you gonna drive us straight to your place or do we get to unpack first?" I ask as it's only about 2pm.
"I'm gonna drive you to my old house first and then we can get together for dinner." He says.
"Aren't you gonna stay while we unpack?" I ask him as I thought that he would want to spend most time as possible with Amy.
"No, I don't want you to get any wrong ideas." He says. What the fuck? Did he just say that? It's me who are in a happy relationship!
"Excuse me?" I ask.
"Yeah, just small things makes you believe that I want other things, you know." He speaks in codes as he can't be too directly with Amy on the backseat. "So to make you understand that I don't want any of that then this is how it's gonna be."
"Marshall." Amy now says from the backseat interrupting our conversation, which I don't even think she can hear because we almost whisper.
"Yeah sweetie?" He asks.
"Do you have a girlfriend?" She asks him which makes him look at little suspicious at me, I roll my eyes showing him that he gets the wrong idea.
"No I don't." He says to her.
"Why not?" She asks.
"I guess I haven't found anyone I would like to be my girlfriend yet." He says to her.
"My nanny doesn't have a boyfriend." Amy says which makes me laugh. Jamie is a very good looking girl but she's also only 23 so she's way too young for Marshall.
"Jamie is way too young for Marshall baby." I giggle.
"How old is she?" He asks me.
"23." I say and he just nods.