Chapter 49 Another offer

We arrive to Detroit and Amy is so happy to be here, she's looking so much forward to see the girls and Kim.
"Is it okay if we swing by Kim and the kids?" Marshall asks keeping his voice down so he knows that Amy won't hear it in the back.
"Sure." I say even though that it's not on the top of my list. It's just not nice to be at a place where you don't feel welcome.
"Amy, what do you say that we swing by Kim?" Marshall asks Amy now.
"Yay!" She says excited.

We arrive at Kim's house and as usual I stay behind Marshall left out of the group and I don't say anything. I know they won't let me in so why even try? The problem is that specially Hailie looks so much like Marshall, very intimidating and very strong in her words so yes, I think I'm best sitting in the corner.
"Hey, join me in the kitchen." Kim says and I frown confused but I follow her. There's still plates on the table from tonight's dinner and Kim begins to empty the dishwasher and I begin to help her. "I know that it's hard but you can't keep staying in the background, specially not when you and Amy are planing on moving here." Kim says.
"It's hard when I'm not welcome here." I tell her.
"It is hard." Kim says. "But you have to try or else it's difficult for me and Marshall to make them meet you halfway."
"I know." I say knowing that she's right.
"How did the concert go last night?" Kim asks and I don't know how much Marshall has told her. I wonder if he's told her about what I did to Jamie. She wouldn't ask if she knew would she? "Marshall told me that that girl Jamie was gonna be there." Kim now says.
"Marshall haven't told you what happened?" I ask her and she looks confused.
"No. I haven't talked to him since the yesterday before the concert." Kim says.
"Well it went terrible." I sigh. "I end up choking her."
"For Christ sake Amelia." She sighs.
"In my defense; she did everything to provoke me." I say. "It was her who came up to me."
"What did she say to you?" She asks. It's weird for me and Kim to be talking like this, but I'm not gonna shut her out now that she's finally friendly with me.
"She told me that she gave Marshall a blowjob the day he came with the tickets which Marshall never mentioned to me, but that's not even when I snapped. She told me that the only reason she did it was because of me, only to rub in my face that she could have him ways that I couldn't and touch him places where I could only dream of." I tell her.
"Okay, I would probably have knocked her teeth out if that was me." Kim admits.
"Right?" I ask, happily that she agrees with me.
"Totally." Kim says.
"But if she reports me then I'm fucked." I sigh.
"Marshall will get you a good lawyer." Kim says and I know he will. "Marshall will come around Amelia. If you prove to him that you can change and that you can take responsibility for your mistakes then he'll come around." Kim says after a minute of silence.
"I hope." I sigh. I know that he loves me but that's not even enough. He's confusing because right now I just think he likes to play me and show that he has the power.
"God knows I've been on his bad side a lot of times so listen to me when I say that he'll come around." She says.
"Yeah okay." I smile.

We stay for an hour and I really try to take Kim's advice and interact more but I get pushed out as usual, but I've decided to keep trying because like Kim said; it's hard to teach them to meet me halfway if I'm not even trying.

We get home and I put Amy to bed. I have a feeling that everything is gonna be okay, specially for her. I know that it's gonna be lot for her to take in when we tell her the truth but she's a strong girl and I know she's gonna be fine. She adores Marshall so him being her father cannot be that bad for her.
When I'm sure she's asleep then I walk back downstairs where Marshall is on the couch with his feet on the coffee table watching some game.
Marshall looks up when he acknowledges my appearance but his eyes returns to the game again. I walk over and sit down in the other end of the couch beginning to scroll through Facebook.
"You were a lot more interactive with the girls today." Marshall suddenly breaks the silence which makes me look up to meet his eyes staring at me.
"Wasn't that okay?" I ask as I don't know why he mentions it.
"Of course but you never do that." Marshall says.
"I guess Kim made me realize that I at least have to try." I shrug. I'm confused why Kim was suddenly so sweet to me today and not to talk about how understanding she was.
"Yeah, it's a good idea." Marshall says.
"Why is she so sweet to me all of the sudden?" I ask him.
"Don't know." He shrugs. "Maybe she actually starts to see some changes."
"Do you see some changes?" I ask curious.
"Yeah." He says and his answer makes me very happy.
"I'm really trying." I say softly.
"I know." He says. "I want you to look at some houses, you know.. find yourself a good home."
"I need to find a job before buying a house." I say. I wanna be able to pay the rents now that he's so kind to buy me a house.
"Why don't you start you own nightclub?" Marshall asks.
"I don't want you to buy me a house and a nightclub." I say as it's way too much for me to accept.
"So wait.. you regret that you were too stubborn to accept my offer in the past and now you fucking declined it once again?" He asks confused.
"I can't accept both." I sigh.
"You just have to say yes. It's very simple." Marshall shrugs.
"But I don't wanna use your money." I explain to him.
"I'm offering them to you Amelia." Marshall says. "It's like charity." Marshall's mouth curves into a boyish smile.
"People would know where I got the money from." I say. I can just predict the headlines: Amelia Dane the gold digger or Amelia Dane climes her way to success using a man's money again.
"Fuck them." Marshall says.
"No Marshall." I say. "I'm tired of people talking bad things about me."
"What if I became a partner in your club?" Marshall asks. "Then it's an investment." The sober Eminem becomes partner in a nightclub.
"Yeah right." I begin to laugh. "The now sober rapper becomes partner in a nightclub."
"So?" He chuckles. "It shows that I'm not one of those fanatics anti drinkers and that I have shit under control."
"People would still think that I climbed my way to success by using your money." I say. "Which is not completely wrong."
"Fuck what everybody else say Amelia." Marshall says. "Do you. Take the opportunity and do what you've always dreamed of."
"I'll think about it, okay?" I ask.
"And I want you to take it all. I really don't wanna be your partner in this cus I want this club to be all yours." Marshall now says and I just nod showing him that I understand what his offer is all about.
We probably sit for about 20 minutes in silence where Marshall is watching the game and I'm just sitting with my phone. I suddenly feel Marshall begin to pulling my toes and I look up shortly to see him pretending like it ain't him. So childish..
"If you want my attention then just say so." I say looking down into my phone again and he pulls my toes harder this time, to the point where it actually hurts. "Ah! You're such an attention whore." I yelp in pain.
"Attention whore?" He asks raising his right brow serving me an attitude. "I'm an attention whore now?" He asks and pulls my legs so I lay down.
"Marshall stop." I laugh when he now takes the phone out of my hand and lays it on the coffee table.
"Attention whore is a very bad word." He smirks and in seconds he has me flipped on my stomach by grabbing my legs and turn me. "Especially when you're the one craving for my attention." He now smacks my ass.
"Fuck you." I laugh looking at him over my shoulder.
"You wish." He smirks and I now feel him rubbing my sex on the outside of my thin pajamas pants.
"Mmh." A moan escapes my mouth as I'm biting my lip trying to lower it.
"See who's craving for me." He says husky and I swear I can tell that he's smiling. I feel him leaning over me now but he doesn't stop rubbing me. "Am I right?"
"Yes." I moan softly.
"What do you want, Amelia?" He asks seductive in my ear. I just want him inside me.
"You." I whisper.
"What do you want me to do?"
"Fuck me." I beg.
"Who's the attention whore now?" He asks as he removes himself from me and smacks my ass.
"No, please." I look at him with a begging look over my shoulder to see him smiling boyish.
"I'm going down in the studio." He says and stand up. "Don't wait up."
"You're such an asshole." I say as he walks out of the room.
"It's not the first time I've heard that." He chuckles. Now I'm just left here fucking frustrated! I hate that he's playing me like this!

Hi guys! I just wanna say that I'm so overwhelmed by the support many of you showed me on my announcement. I don't know how I got so lucky to have such awesome and understanding readers like you. I love you guys and I thank you from the deepest part of my heart for the support❤️