Chapter 64 Family meeting

I wake up by the sound of someone coughing and I open my eyes to see Hailie standing at the other side of the coffee table. It takes me a minute to realize that I'm laying on the couch with Marshall under the same cover. We fell asleep on the couch last night and we don't have any clothes on under this cover.
Hailie looks pissed as she stares at us and I have no idea what to say so I just push my elbow gently into Marshall's ribs.
"Marshall, wake up." I say to him.
"Hush." He just mumbles.
"Marshall!" I say louder and push my elbow harder into his ribs.
"Shut up." He just mumbles.
"Dad!" Hailie chooses to open her mouth now and I guess that works.
"Hailie." Marshall says as he tries to sit up but I push him down.
"Not the time Marshall." I say.
"Sorry." He says realizing now that he ain't wearing any clothes.
"So you're together?" Hailie asks him.
"You can say that." Marshall says. "I'm sorry baby, I just.."
"Sorry that you're a fool in love again?" Hailie asks angrily. "Yeah, I get it dad."
"Hailie, it's different this time." Marshall says.
"Whatever." She says and walks out of the living room.
"Hailie!" He yells but we just hear the front door shut. This isn't good.. "fuck." Marshall mumbles.
"I'm sorry." I say as I don't know what else to say.
"I have to talk to her." Marshall says getting up from the couch.
"Good idea." I say watching him as he gets dressed.
"I'm gonna try to bring her back here and talk to the both of us, so get dressed." He says as he pulls the t-shirt over his head.
"Okay." I say and begin to get dressed. Marshall kisses me before he heads out of the door and I begin to clean the living room and the kitchen.

2 hours later I hear someone walking in the front door and I get nervous. I wonder if he convinced Hailie to come with him. I sit in the kitchen on my laptop fixing some details on the club and Marshall and Hailie appears in the doorway.
"Hi guys." I say staying cool even though I'm so nervous.
"Yo." Marshall says offering me a smile.
"Amelia, I'm sorry." Hailie says and I can tell that she really means it, but she really don't have to apologize because I understand it's no fun to find her dad on the couch with me well knowing what we've been doing.
"Hey, you don't need to apologize sweetie." I say closing my laptop. "I just want us to be on good terms."
"Me too." She says. "I just got a little surprised and then I guess I'm scared that this is gonna be a mess again."
"It's not.."
"I know." She cuts me off. "Dad explained it."
"Good." I say smiling and silence comes over us but it quickly gets interrupted by my phone ringing. It's a number I don't know which often means it's one of the construction workers.

"Amelia Dane." I say.
"Hi Amelia, it's John." The construction worker introduces himself.
"Hi John. What's up?"
"A new delivery just came in with some furnitures."
"I'll be right there." I say and hang up.

"I'm so sorry but a delivery just came in and I have to go down at the club." I tell Marshall and Hailie as I get up from the chair.
"Alright." Marshall says. "Do you have time for family meeting later?"
"Of course." I say and grab my bag.
"Amelia." Hailie says and I stop op and look at her. "Can I come with you? I'd like to see your club." I feel a warm feeling inside from her question because it really shows that she's now making peace with me.
"Sure." I agree and look at Marshall. "If it's okay with dad."
"It is." He says smiling and I can tell that he's happy too. I have no idea what Marshall and Hailie talked about or how he made her realize that I'm here to stay but I don't care, all that I care about is the fact that I'm not the enemy in her eyes anymore.
"Good." I say.
Me and Hailie get out in the car and drives towards the club.
"When is it gonna open?" Hailie asks me.
"I really hope that it's gonna be ready in 3 months." I say as I don't have an opening date yet.
"It's gonna be the hottest club in Detroit." Hailie says which makes me giggle.
"You think?" I ask.
"I know." She says and looks at me. "Besides dad really believes in you." She says and I know he does. He's been so supportive.
"I know." I say. "It's really nice."