Chapter 48 Caught

Next morning

"Marshall!" I'm woken by Amy's voice being all cheerily as she jumps up in the bed. I immediately open my eyes and I feel an arm around my waist, I look down to see the familiar tattoos. Did he fall asleep? This is so bad! I push an elbow into Marshall's chest and he groans.
"Marshall wake up." I hiss.
"Mommy, did Marshall sleep here?" Amy asks. Apparently! I turn around and face Marshall who's about to wake up. He's still fully dressed and we really have some explaining to do now!
"Marshall wake up." I say and shake him. He opens his eyes and he looks confused.
"Mom, why is Marshall in your bed?" Amy asks and I can see it in Marshall's eyes, the same look I have in my eyes; fuck!
"Marshall wasn't feeling very well last night baby, so I had to make sure that he was okay." I lie.
"Are you sick Marshall?" Amy asks him as she feels his forehead. She's so sweet. Marshall turns on his back so he can see her better now.
"I'm feeling a lot better thanks to your mom." Marshall says.
"Are you staying?" Amy asks.
"Amy, you're very noisy." I say as her voice is very loud from the excitement and we have just woken up.
"I'm sorry mom." She smiles and I just smile back to tell her that it's okay.
"Yeah but I'm leaving tonight." Marshall now answers Amy's question.
"Are you going home to Detroit?" She asks sadly.
"I am." He says.
"Can me and mom come with you? Please?" She begs.
"Amy, I told you that we can't go to Detroit right now." I tell her once again.
"Hey, why don't you go in and wake up grandma, huh?" Marshall encourages her.
"But I wanna be here." She says.
"But I gotta talk to your mom sweetie. I'll come eat breakfast with you when I'm done. Deal?" He suggests.
"Yes." She says and runs into Rachel's room.
"Fuck." Marshall says and slides his hands down his his face.
"This is not good." I sigh.
"I fell asleep man, I'm so sorry." He says. I don't mind that he stayed the night but he should've been gone before Amy woke up. No wonder I slept so good by the way.
"It's okay." I say and he now looks at me.
"Why don't you and Amy come with me to Detroit?" He asks. I want to but if we keep going like this then it's gonna confuse Amy. Besides we also need to tell her the truth soon because she can't understand why we're staying with Marshall if he's just a friend.
"I want to Marshall but we can't keep traveling back and forward between New York and Detroit." I say. "It'll only confuse her."
"You don't have a job here anymore so why don't you stay with me until we find you a house?" Marshall suggests.
"We need to tell her then." I say.
"I agree." He says.
"Do you think it's smart to have us staying? I mean.. the girls won't be too happy." I point out.
"They have to deal with it as you and Amy are a part of the family." Marshall shrugs.
"Yes but you know that they ain't gonna take it nicely." I say.
"They'll get over it." He assures me and I just nod. I can't help thinking about all the mess last night. Do I have to be scared? I mean.. what if the police shows up on my doorstep today? I hate that she got the best of me and I hate that I couldn't control myself. What if people haven't stepped in? Would I've been able to draw the line? It reminds me of high school and that time where I choked Robyn and Marshall had to pull me away from her. I seriously need some anger management or something.
"What are you thinking about?" Marshall asks me and I haven't even seen that he has turned on his side to face me.
"Do you remember back when I had my feud with Robyn?" I ask him.
"Yeah." He frowns confused.
"Remember when I got so angry with her and I choked her on the school's parking lot? Where you came up and pulled me away?" I ask him.
"I remember." He says.
"It was the same that happened last night." I say. "Like back then, then I didn't think I would've been able to stop myself or draw the line."
"You couldn't kill someone Amelia." His mouth now curves into a smile.
"How can you be so sure?" I frown.
"Cus I know you." He says.
"Then you apparently know me better than I know myself." I sigh.
"I sometimes think I do." He says softly.
"Marshall, I'm scared." I admit.
"Of what?"
"What if she has reported me?" I ask. I know I acted all tough last night but today I'm fucking scared.
"Then I'll get you a damn good lawyer." He assures me. "Don't worry about it."
"I'm so sorry." I say and he begins to nuzzle my cheek.
"I'm not mad Amelia." He says softly and then he kisses. His kisses feels better than ever. Marshall slides his tongue into my mouth and the kiss is still very gentle and soft. Suddenly we're interrupted by a cough and we both look over to the door where Rachel stands in doorway. I forgot that Amy didn't close the door and now I feel like a naughty teenager who just got caught with her boyfriend. Luckily I can see that Amy isn't standing next to Rachel and I can't believe that me and Marshall were so thoughtless.
"I don't wanna stick my nose into anything but do you think it's smart to lay there kissing with open door?" Rachel asks us.
"No, in fact it's very stupid." Marshall says but it's followed with a very low chuckle that hopefully only I can hear.
"Where's Amy?" I ask.
"In the bathroom." Rachel says. "What is going on here?" She asks.
"Apparently Marshall fell asleep in my bed last night which wasn't apart of the plan and then Amy woke us up." I give her the short story.
"Just be glad that it wasn't Amy who caught the two of you kissing." Rachel says but she can't help but smiling. Rachel wants us back together, I guess that Marshall has always been her favorite.
"We are." Marshall assures her.
"Do you want some time alone?" Rachel asks us. "Then I can take Amy downstairs."
"Nah, I promised her to eat breakfast with her." Marshall says and get out of bed.
"Didn't you need to talk to me?" I ask him because 5 more minutes with him wouldn't hurt. I just wanna kiss him a little longer.
"No I've said what I needed to say." He says smirking knowing that I don't wanna talk. It's once again to show me that he's the one calling the shots. He's enjoying this way too much.
Marshall walks past Rachel and then downstairs while Rachel remains in the doorway looking at me.
"Are you back together?" Rachel asks.
"No." I shake my head. "But we're going with him to Detroit today."
"Okay." She smiles.
"And I think we're gonna stay." I say and she looks surprised.
"Are you moving in with him?" She asks.
"Not permanently." I say. "Just until we find a house."
"Okay." She nods.
"I attacked Jamie last night." I tell her now and she looks even more surprised now.
"What?"
"She provoked me and I snapped." I sigh.
"What did you do Amelia?" She asks worried as she knows my temper.
"I choked her." I admit.
"Okay I'm not gonna say anything only because I know that Marshall has already given you the whole speech." She says controlling herself which I appreciate. I can't handle another speech.
"Thank you." I say.
"Is she gonna report you?" She asks.
"I don't know." I say and we now hear Amy open the door so we choose not talk more about it.

We all go downstairs and eat some breakfast. Me and Marshall tell Amy that we're going with him to Detroit and she gets very happy. I think us going to Detroit will do us some good. I think there's gonna be less drama as soon as the girls have adjusted to it. I think I can find more peace there because I feel more home for a change.

I've posted a message in my conversations which I'd like to ask you to read as it's very relevant for my readers. It's very important so please read it.
Don't forget to comment and vote on the chapter :)