Chapter 58 The talk

We get to the house and there's a bit of an awkward silence between me and Marshall, we probably don't know what to say to each other, at least that's how I feel.
Amy asks to play a game on the iPad so she places herself in the living room as me and Marshall go off to the kitchen instead.
"I'm so nervous about this whole thing that I could throw up Marshall." I tell him honestly.
"I know." Marshall says. "But it's gonna be fine." How can he say that knowing how much they hate me? They'll never accept me.
"No Marshall." I say. "They hate me."
"But you ain't going nowhere so they have to accept you eventually." He says.
"Like that's gonna happen." I role my eyes and Marshall grabs my face and pulls it close to his.
"Not with that attitude." He says and gives me a short kiss but he still remain his hands on my face. "I promise you it's gonna be okay eventually."
"I hope you're right." I sigh deeply.
"I'm always right." He smirks.
"Yeah right." I giggle. He runs his hands down and squeezes my ass lightly as he begins to suck on my neck. I give in a little until I feel the pain, is he trying to give me a hickey? I push him away. "You're not gonna give me a hickey." I warn him.
"Why not?" Marshall laughs. So childish!
"Because I'm not 16 Marshall." I try to act serious but I can't help but smile.
"I just wanna mark you baby." He smirks.
"How old are you?" I laugh.
"13 and a half." He says in a funny voice.
"You're so fucking childish." I laugh and he pulls me closer to him again.
"You like that." He says and I have to admit that I do. He begins to kiss my neck and back me up against the counter. Is he really gonna tease me now? Kim and the kids are gonna be here in 15 minutes.
"Marshall not now." I beg.
"You have no idea how badly I want you." He whispers husky in my ear.
"Then do something about it when they leave." I challenge him.
"I might do." He teases me as he backs away.
"Is it because you've lost your game that you don't wanna fuck me?" I tease him knowing that this is gonna provoke him.
"I think I showed you yesterday that I haven't lost my game." He says cocky and I just shrug. I know very well that he hasn't lost his game, I'm just trying to provoke him. "Oh honey. You know I can take you places that you haven't been for years."
"Then show me." I challenge him.
"You think you're calling the shots now?" He raises his brow.
"I'm just saying." I shrug.
"It ain't working Amelia." He chuckles. "I know what you're trying to do." He adds.
"Then what am I trying to do?" I ask as I don't wanna admit anything.
"You're trying to fool me and make me believe that you doubt how I can satisfy you." He grins and he's so right. "You know fucking well how I can satisfy you or else you wouldn't be craving that much."
"You never know." I try to play it cool.
"Oh I know." He chuckles.

Kim and the kids arrive and Hailie and Alaina look hella pissed. I don't even know why Kim and Marshall are trying because they ain't gonna change their mind.
"Whitney, why don't you go to the living room and watch whatever you like?" Kim asks her as she shouldn't be a part of this conversation as it's mostly Alaina and Hailie who's the problem. I don't really think that this conversation is gonna solve anything as they're really determined that I'm a bitch. I'm not gonna deny that I've been a bitch and that I've made huge mistakes but I'm really trying to change and make up for what I've done.

We sit down at the table and Alaina and Hailie just have a straight face, they're so alike Marshall when he's pissed.
"So, what has been happening lately and the way you treat Amelia is not okay." Kim starts but they don't say anything.
"She's family now." Marshall says and Hailie rolls her eyes. "Don't roll your eyes Hailie." He says strictly.
"How many times is she gonna screw you over before you learn it?" Alaina asks.
"She hide Amy from me and she's aware how wrong that was but besides that, then she hasn't screwed me over. I've been the one treating her badly." Marshall defends me.
"She comes here and suddenly you buy her a new house and give her anything that she wants." Alaina frowns. "After what she did to you."
"Because Amy is my daughter Alaina and I want her and Amelia to have a place to live." Marshall explains to her. "I care about her and I want the best for her and Amy. She's Amy's mother. Like I would still do anything for Kim even though we've been through a lot. We're all a family and we'll make things work." Marshall says.
"Fine, do what you want dad." Hailie now says. "But I'm not gonna make friends with her."
"You are, cus she ain't going nowhere and I refuse to allow you girls to treat her badly and not make her feel welcome." Marshall says strictly.
"Amelia is really trying." Kim now says and adds. "You used to love her as kids."
"Yeah before she bailed." Alaina says.
"Amelia didn't bail." I can hear the anger in Marshall's voice now. "I was no good to her and I didn't appreciate how good she was to me. She left cus I was an idiot."
"You can't justify that she gave birth to your child in all secret!" Hailie gets angry. It's so awkward for me to sit here and listen to this, I really just wanna leave because it hurts too much, but that's also now I decide to stand up for myself and explain.
"No Hailie he can't and he doesn't do that." I say now. "I just really appreciate his forgiveness and I have learned from my mistake. I shouldn't have done what I did but many things went on at that time and I couldn't handle the life I lived anymore. My plan was to tell your dad when I was sure that he was out of his addiction..."
"But still you didn't call him when he almost died." Hailie cuts me off. "He was so close to dying and you didn't think by then that he deserved to know?"
"Like I said then I can't justify it and I'm not trying to." I say once again.
"But I asked you a question." Hailie pushes it.
"Of course I thought about it but I was scared." I admit. "I was scared that he wouldn't stay clean and I was scared that it would only make his situation worse."
"And still you weren't scared to burn up in hell." She mumbles rolling her eyes.
"Hailie!" Marshall shuts her up. "Stop."
"Hailie and Alaina, you're gonna make so many mistakes in your life and I think you'll appreciate good people who's willing to look past your mistakes and forgive you when you do." Kim now speaks. "We all learn from our mistakes, like me and Marshall have learned from our many mistakes."
"Why doesn't Amelia deserve a chance? And who are you to judge whether she's a good person or not?" Marshall speaks right after. The girls become very quiet and they look down, it looks like they just realized what Kim and Marshall said was true. "Exactly." Marshall says apparently noticing the same as I do.
"I know that this has been a big mess." I start to speak now. "It has been a big mess to Amy too. You girls have a lot to take in and a lot of thinks that is hard to understand. I just want us to start over for both Amy but also our own sake. We use too much energy on this."
"You're not gonna bail on us again?" Alaina now asks. Is that why she's so mad? It has nothing to do with Amy or how I lied to Marshall, but is it really about that she felt I bailed on her back then?
"Never." I promise her. "Is that what bothers you?"
"You just left back then without even saying goodbye." Alaina frowns. "How could you do that? Did we not mean anything to you?"
"You girls meant everything to me." I say. "I just couldn't do all this anymore. Marshall, the fame and so on."
"But you could've said goodbye." Alaina frowns.
"Yes and I should have but I was a coward Alaina and I'm so sorry for that." I apologize.
"Thank you." Alaina says and I look over at Hailie who still doesn't look up.
"Are we okay Hailie?" I ask her.
"Yeah." She just mumbles but I don't think she means it so I look at Marshall to see if he notices the same.
"What's wrong Hailie?" Marshall asks her.
"I can't do it dad." She now looks up. "I need time. You can't expect me to trust her right away and trust that she won't lie and go behind your back again."
"I don't expect you to." I tell her and she gives me a cold stare.
"Good." She says.
"It's fine Hailie but you have to quit the attitude." Marshall tells her.
"I'll try." She says. She's such a teenager.
"No Hailie." Marshall says strictly. "I won't hear you being disrespectful towards Amelia."
"Fine." She sighs deeply.
"Good." Marshall says and Hailie just gets up from the chair. She's just like Marshall; not easy going and finds it hard to forgive people. "Where are you going?" Marshall asks her.
"To my room." She says and leaves.
"What's going on with her?" Marshall asks Alaina.
"How should I know?" Alaina asks.
"She's just a teenager." Kim says.
"I'll go talk to her." Marshall says and gets up.

Okay, I'm uploading early because I'm gonna be crazy busy the next few days. And before you get too frustrated about Marshall's teasing then I can just tell you that you can look forward to the next chapter ;) don't forget to comment and vote!