Chapter 53 Misunderstandings

Next day

We use a lot of time with Amy today, mostly because we wanna show her that we're a family. I want her to feel welcome and safe and I want this to feel right for her. It feels right for me, I don't doubt that this is what I've wanted all along, few pieces are missing but I hope that Marshall will get there eventually. I hope we can get back together.
We sit and play cards and I'm with Amy since she can't play by herself just yet. I've never seen Marshall like this, like the dad playing cards. He's always been the funny dad who plays outside with the kids. I really like how calm he is now. I feel my phone vibrate and I look at my phone to see a text from Robyn.

From; Robyn (2:45pm)
Damn girl, you're all over the news! We need to catch up. Lunch tomorrow?

I haven't seen her since the night at the club and I know Marshall doesn't want me to go out clubbing with her because of what happened last time. I just hope it's okay that I grab some lunch with her then.
"It's your turn." Marshall informs me and I point out a card for Amy to lay on the table.
"We're gonna win." I whisper in Amy's ear as our hand is pretty good.
"I heard that." Marshall says. "You can't beat the champion." He then says in a funny voice which makes Amy giggle.
"I think he lives in his imagination, don't you think Amy?" I ask her and she just nods as she giggles.
"Be careful with your words." He warns me smirking.
"Or else?" I challenge him.
"You don't wanna know." He says.
"Uh, what a warning." I fake being scared very obvious and he just shakes his head like I'm some naughty girl.
"Amy, your mom is a very brave woman." Marshall says.
"She knows." I say being even more provocative and he looks at me with the look which tells me I just challenged him.
We keep playing cards and suddenly Amy has to go to the bathroom so we wait for her.
"Are you just looking for trouble?" He asks with such sexy smirk on his face.
"Maybe." I giggle. "Depends on what trouble means."
"Trouble means that you don't get what you want." He says with a stoned face.
"What's wrong?" I ask. "You can't take the little resistance you get?" I say followed with a giggle.
"I can take the resistance but you seem to forget who's making the rules here." He shows a slight of his sexy dominance again.
"Too bad that I'm a rule breaker." I say smiling.
"Yeah too bad." He says and something tells me that it's not bad for him at all.
"Robyn texted me." I choose to tell him now that Amy is gone for a minute.
"What did she want?" He asks curious.
"She wants to meet for lunch tomorrow." I say.
"Okay." He says and I can tell that something is wrong. I can tell that it bothers him.
"Something's wrong?" I ask.
"I think she's bad news Amelia." He sigh deeply. It's like he already knows that I'm gonna fight him on this.
"It's just lunch." I say.
"I know but I don't know what it is about her man.." Marshall sighs deeply before he speaks again. "One night out with her and then you did drugs, I mean it ain't like you Amelia." Robyn didn't make me do anything, it was all on me. She's not the one who got me to do drugs, she just had the drugs and I was all in on it by myself.
"She didn't make me do anything." I frown.
"Maybe not but I'm sure you wouldn't had done that shit if it wasn't for her." Marshall says.
"I'm sure I would." I fight him.
"I thought you were gonna listen to me from now on? I thought you had learned your lesson." He says throwing my own words in my face. I can see how the irritation is written all over his face.
"Yes but you're forbidding me to eat lunch with my friend." I frown confused. I don't understand why he's acting up like this, it's just lunch.
"I just doubt the value of your friendship." Marshall says. "But eat fucking lunch with her, it'd just give me one more chance to say 'I told you so'." How can he say that? He really doubts the value of our friendship when I've known her for so long?
"I've known her since high school Marshall." I say.
"Do what you want." Marshall sighs and we now hear the bathroom door open, so we become quiet as we don't want Amy to hear us argue.

The whole day we basically just have a good time with Amy and do everything she wants to do. It's very tensed between me and Marshall and I know it's because we haven't discussed this Robyn thing to the end.
Marshall is the one who puts Amy to bed and it takes him a long time before he comes down, when he finally does then he's only wearing sweatpants and it explains why it took him so long. He's been in the shower. I don't know if I should say something to him or if I should just continue to watch tv.
"What are you watching?" He asks.
"Master chef." I say. It's not really something I want to watch but there's not anything else to watch.
"I didn't think you liked that." He says as he sits down next to me.
"I don't." I say as I look at him offering him a little smile. Marshall now takes the remote and change the channel to the discovery channel and watch some of those boring programs where they're gonna assemble a car. "Really?" I ask him to know if he's really gonna make me watch that shit. Marshall looks at me frowning.
"Well, you didn't like master chef either." He points out.
"But I'd rather watch that." I say.
"Well, this happens to be my house." He smirks.
"Well, then I'm gonna go to bed." I say and get up from the couch but Marshall quickly pulls me down again.
"Are you still pissed about that Robyn thing?" He asks becoming serious now.
"No." I lie.
"Liar." He says and I roll my eyes. "You got it as you wanted it so why are you mad?"
"Because of the things you said." I admit.
"So, am I not allowed to share my opinion?" He frowns.
"Of course you are." I say. "But she's my friend Marshall."
"She might be." He says. "But you spend one night with her and then I saw you acting like someone I have never seen in you before."
"Well Marshall, i wasn't doing well. I am not doing well." I say and my voice shakes. "I know it was stupid but things has taken a pretty bad turn in my life and I just needed to escape for just one night. It hasn't anything to with Robyn but with me."
"But escaping ain't the solution." Marshall says softly. "I've been trying that shit for years and look how that turned out."
"It was just one night Marshall." I clarify. I don't know if he thinks I would become an addict or something, or if it draws too much of a comparison to his own addiction that he immediately thinks I would become an addict.
"I'm just looking out for you Amelia." He says softly.
"Yeah." I just say and look at the tv mostly so I don't look at him.
"My god Amelia." Marshall sighs deeply. "Sometimes I don't know what to do with you."
"To do with me?" I ask now looking at him offended. Says the man who's been so dominating lately? He suddenly doesn't know what to do? He could fuck me for a starter, maybe then I wouldn't be so moody. "I've been in my best behavior Marshall."
"But you're fucking confusing me. First.."
"I'm confusing you?" I cut him off and I can't help laughing how ironic that is. He's been doing nothing else but to confuse me. "You've played me since the day before the concert."
"Come on Amelia, I haven't played you." He says like I'm out of my mind.
"You have." I say.
"Fine, if you can't separate me teasing you and me playing you then I'm drawing the fucking line now." He says and gets up from the couch.
"Yeah walk away Marshall because it'll sort the problem." I say and he turns around and looks at me.
"I refuse to put up with that bullshit Amelia. I told you how I fucking feel about you and still you doubt me, still you think I'm playing you cus you're so fucking impatient that it makes you blind." He hisses. "Open your fucking eyes and enjoy the small moments we have instead of ruining it. The time would have come." Would have?
"Wait, what?" I ask him. "Would have?"
"Like I said.. you just gotta ruin it." He says and walks out of the living room, but I get up from the couch and run after him.
"Marshall." I say as I grab his arm and spins him around. "You've never told me that you wanted me, you never told me that you wanted a future with me." If he had told me that then I wouldn't be impatient.
"Cus I can't know for sure and especially not when you're acting like this." He frowns.
"Don't think I haven't enjoyed what you've done lately." I say just to clarify it.
"You have a fucking weird way of showing it then." He says angrily.
"What are you talking about?" I get a little upset now. "I think you're well aware of how much I've enjoyed it."
"Yeah but I never knew that you thought I was fucking playing you."
"Marshall, I can't read you." I say softly. "I don't know if you really like me or if you're gonna fuck other bitches as soon as you're away from us."
"Is that what you think?" He asks and I can see that my statement made him even more pissed.
"You can practically do whatever you want since we aren't together like that." I say.
"Yeah but I would never play you like that." He says. "I really need to be alone right now Amelia."
"Marshall.."
"I'm gonna come back and talk to you when I'm ready." He says and then he just walks down to the studio.

I'm back but with some new "rules" ;) I'm only gonna post once a week now to make it less stressful for me but hopefully it'll also create some better chapters. I've missed you guys like crazy and I've really missed writing.
I hope y'all been doing well :-*
Don't forget to comment and vote :)