Chapter 37 Prove it

When we get home, I go straight to the guest room and unpack me and Amy's stuff. I don't wanna look at Marshall so I take a good time. I don't wanna live with him but I know that I really don't have much of a choice. Besides that, then I think it sends the wrong signals to Amy. She still thinks that I'm with Ken and that we're gonna go home to him, so it's very wrong that we stay here because Amy might believe all sorts of things. I feel my phone vibrate and I see text from Jake:

Jake (10:17am)
Are you sure he won't tell?

I put the phone away as I don't wanna deal with it right now, because I'm not sure at all. Apparently it hurt Marshall to see me with someone else, he won't admit it but I know him and I know it hurt him. Marshall does unbelievable things when he's angry so yeah, he would tell Jake's wife if it made him angry enough. I can't really deal with all this mess right now. I don't wanna be here, I don't wanna be near Marshall and I don't wanna talk to Marshall.

My phone suddenly rings and I see Robyn's name on the screen. I answer it and let the phone rest between my ear and my shoulder so I can unpack at the same time.

"Hi." I say.
"You're not sleeping yet?" She asks. She knows as well as me that the drugs is keeping us awake.
"No."
"What happened between you and Jake last night? I mean.. you left together." She asks.
"We fucked." I admit.
"Damn girl." She laughs. "You're a bad bitch."
"I know." I giggle.
"You wanna go out again tonight?" She asks. I'd really want that but I'm "grounded" so I really can't. I don't know if I should tell Robyn about all this with Marshall and Amy.
"I can't." I just say,
"Okay, another time then."
"Yeah." I say even though I know it's probably not gonna happen.
"Well, I gotta go again. Let's grab some lunch soon,  alright?"
"Yeah sure." I say.

Me and Robyn say our goodbyes and then we hang up. If I just told Robyn then everything would be easier for her to understand. It sucks that I'm locked up here, like who the hell does he think he is? I'm a grown woman and he can't just ground me like this? But I also know very well not to cross him because he's very serious about this.
When I've unpacked my things I still stay in the room, I don't wanna be near Marshall, I don't even wanna be here for fuck sakes.
It suddenly knocks on the door gently and Marshall walks into the room.
"Are you done unpacking?" He asks.
"Yeah." I say coldly.
"Are you gonna join me and Amy downstairs?" He asks.
"No."
"No?" He questions my answer.
"I don't wanna spend time with you. I don't even wanna be here." I say.
"I know but I think your daughter wants to spend some time with you." He says.
"So why can't you go into the studio or something?" I give him an attitude.
"Cus you're total fucked up Amelia." He says annoyed and I just roll my eyes. "I know that you're fucking pissed at me and be that all you want but don't take it out on Amy."
"You've always had this sick need to control me." I hiss.
"No Amelia, for someone reason I just care about your ass, there's a fucking difference. If you can't see that you're way out of line here then you're more fucked up than I thought." He hisses.
"I had fun one night!" I raise my voice now.
"You fucked a married dude in my bed!" He raises his voice as well. "I know that you would never get involved with a married guy but still I'm walking in on you fucking a married motherfucker who even has a pregnant wife at home!" I feel bad that Jake's wife is pregnant with his kid and he just fucked me this morning. I know it's not my problem but neither am I interested in splitting up a marriage.
"Are you gonna tell his wife?" I ask.
"I should but it's non of my business." Marshall says. "I just don't get what the fuck is up with you lately. A few days ago we sat on the couch having a conversation about our feelings. I admitted that I still love you and now this morning I had to walk in on you having sex with that punk in my bed."
"You don't wanna be with me." I state.
"But I still love you Amelia and I have feelings for you, so how do you think it felt to walk in on the two of you like that?" He frowns. He's disappointed and that's even worse than him being angry.
"So I can't be with other men just because you have feelings for me?" I ask confused.
"Yeah but not in my fucking bed." He says. "I swear if he weren't a cop then I would have fucked him up man." Why does it make me happy to hear?
"Marshall, I don't get you." I sigh deeply and sit down on the bed. Earlier he called me a whore and told me that it didn't hurt him to see me with another guy and now.. now he admits that he would've hurt Jake if he wasn't a cop. I don't get him because he has feelings for me but he doesn't wanna give it a shot.
"What is it you don't get?" He frowns.
"You still love me but you don't wanna be with me." I say. I admit that I didn't wanna be with him either before I found out that he felt the same way, but now that I know he does then I wanna try. I wanna have what we were never able to have because of his addiction and his crazy life. I want what we had when we were younger. I want Amy, him and I to be a family, us to have the opportunity we never had.
"Because I don't wanna be with a woman who's not in control." He tells me. Ouch..
"I was in control before you came back into my life." I say softly as I don't wanna anger him. I don't wanna offend him or blame him but it's the truth though.
"You brought that on yourself. I didn't do anything." He gets defensive. I know that he has nothing to do with it and it's all on me, but still.. I was fine before he walked back into my life. Me and Ken had our family but things always tensed to be complicated when Marshall is in my life. It's truth what he said; we can't just be friends.
"I know but you know.. my feelings for you always complicates things." I explain.
"What do you want, Amelia?"
"I want us to have what we couldn't have because of your addiction. I want the opportunity to be a family; you, me and Amy." I tell him the truth.
"And you think doing drugs, fuck some motherfucker in my bed and disrespects me makes me want to give you a chance with me?" He frowns and it's so obvious how angry he is about what I've done.
"No." I say and look down ashamed.
"Before even considering a relationship with you then I need to see some changes. I need to see that you can actually take responsibility for your actions and your choices in the past. I need to see that you can fix your mistakes and actually handle shit." He now says. "I've changed a lot Amelia and I don't wanna deal with fucking bullshit in my life anymore. I'm fucking done with that and I'm all about stability now."
"I get it." I say. "I want things to be easy and stable too."
"It doesn't seem like that when you pull some shit like this." He says.
"But I do Marshall." I say getting really upset now. I didn't thought I had a chance so that's why I haven't tried to prove anything.
"Then prove it." He says and I just nod as I feel intimidated right now. "Come down and spend some time with me and Amy."
"I will." I say and get up from the bed. I follow Marshall downstairs where Amy sits with some game board waiting for us to join her. I can't believe it took me so long to realize that this is what I've wanted all along.

Hi guys! I'm so sorry that I've been slow on the updates lately but I'm so busy lately and take every opportunity I can to write. I swear that I do it as fast as I can but I also want to write some good chapters for you guys :) I love that you love my story and I appreciate the support, just know that! I hope you liked the chapter. Do you want Amelia and Marshall to get back together?

Comment and vote! XO