Chapter 29 A night out

Me and Amy have been here for a few days now. Marshall usually just picks her up and take her with him to the house, I just drop by Lucas and Tasha and avoid going with Amy to Marshall's. I don't wanna face his family as I know it's just gonna be awkward. I don't know how long we are gonna stay here, but I think I'm gonna drag it out until I figure out how to tell Amy, that Ken isn't gonna be in her life anymore. It's a hard conversation to take with her, mostly because I can't give her a reason.

Tonight is the night that I'm gonna go out and have fun though. I don't know anybody who can go with me, Tasha is pregnant and Lucas doesn't wanna go out as he's scared that he might get Tasha jealous. It's fine though, I understand.. so I'm just gonna go out and have some fun all by myself.
I sit at Tasha and Lucas and grab a couple of beers with Lucas before I go out. I don't wanna show up completely sober.
Lucas has promised to pick me up from the club and drive me "home", and by that I of course mean Marshall's old house.

I walk into the club and it's no big fancy place, just a little night club. Earlier I was actually considering Club In but I wanna have a good night, where I don't have to think about the past.
There's a lot of people in here and I walk right up to the bar to get something to drink.
"A Long Island ice tea." I say. I need to get drunk fast so I can mingle with the people here.
"That's a very strong drink." I hear someone say behind me and I turn around to see a person I haven't seen in a lot of years, a person I'm forever grateful to; Jake. I haven't seen him since he visited me in the hospital. He stands there in his security clothes so I guess he's a bouncer here.
"Jake." I say and give him a hug. "I'm surprised that you recognize me."
"You haven't changed a bit." He chuckles.
"Neither have you." I say and pull away from him.
"How are you?" He asks.
"I'm good." I lie. "What about you?"
"I'm good. I found myself a beautiful wife and she's now pregnant." He tells me.
"Way to go!" I say.
"I heard you moved back to New York after you and Marshall split, so are you back in Detroit again?" He asks.
"No. I'm just here to visit Tasha and Lucas." I lie. "Tasha is pregnant too."
"She is?" He asks surprised.
"Yes." I say.
"Tell them that I said congratulations." He says.
"I will." I say and the bartender now places the drink on the counter.
"It's on the house." Jake tells the bartender and he nods.
"Thank you." I say talking a sip.
"So.. do you have a boyfriend or a husband now?" He asks.
"No." I say. "I actually just split with my boyfriend."
"Oh.. sorry." He says.
"It's okay, I'm okay." I assure him.
"Why did you split?" He asks.
"He wanted a lot of things like; getting married and have kids and I'm not ready for that." I tell him.
"So still no kids I assume?" He asks. I don't know if I should tell him about Amy and hope he doesn't figure out that Marshall is the father. I don't want people to talk about it around here. I don't want the whole world to know, specially not when Amy doesn't.
"Actually I have a daughter." I tell him.
"From a previous relationship?" He asks and I nod. "So you just didn't wanna have anymore kids, is that it?"
"Exactly." I say smiling and someone now calls his name.
"I have to go." He says and hugs me. "It was good seeing you."
"You too." I say. I look around and there's this one girl dancing on the table, she's pissy drunk and it's kinda funny. I can almost already predict that she's gonna fall in her 6 inches high heels.
"I feel sorry for the people who has to carry that one home." I hear a guy say next to me. I look at him, he's a good looking guy in his first 30s, I guess. He's tall, has dark short hair and he's really nice dressed without it being overboard.
"Yeah, me too." I say followed with a laugh.
"Alex." He introduces himself and sticks his hand out.
"Amelia." I say and shake his hand.
"Are you here alone?" Alex asks.
"As sad as it sounds then yes." I laugh realizing how pathetic it sounds. "I don't know anyone in this city, or at least not someone who wants to go out clubbing with me."
"Then why not just show up a place where you know people wants to party." He follows my way of thinking.
"Exactly." I say. I don't think it's that big of a problem to me since I've worked on clubs my whole grown up life.
"So.. you just moved here?" He asks.
"No, I'm just visiting." I say. "I live in New York."
"Who are you visiting?" He asks.
"My brother." I say. "Are you here alone?"
"No, I came with my friends." He says and points at a group with men mostly. "Do you wanna join?" He asks.
"Sure." I say and we walk over to his friends. They all introduces themselves and it's apparently a men night out, the women just joined them. Marc, Galvin and Tim seem nice and I'm actually enjoying the whole group's company. Alex is actually a really nice guy and the more drunk I get, the more we flirt but I don't mind. This is exactly what I need.
Suddenly the drinks begins to affect my blather so I walk out to the bathroom. I feel good right now, really good. I'm having fun and the alcohol feels so good in my body.
A woman comes walking in as I wash my hands, she's a beautiful black woman and she smiles to me but keeps looking at me.
"Amelia?" She asks and I now recognize her; it's Robyn.
"Robyn." I say smiling and she hugs me.
"Omg girl! It's been way too long!" She says. "Jake told me he saw you tonight, I almost wouldn't believe it." Even though me and Robyn had a lot of feuds back in high school then we ended up becoming friends before we graduated.
"How are you?" I ask and she pulls away from me.
"I'm really good." She says. "Are you back in Detroit?"
"No, I'm just visiting Tasha and Lucas." I tell her.
"I heard that they're having a baby."
"Yes." I confirm.
"So.. how are things? What's going on in your life?" She asks.
"Nothing much really." I say as I don't wanna talk about my chaotic life right now. "What about you?"
"Just working, you know." She says. "I heard about all that with James. I hope you're okay."
"It took some time but I'm happy that he's in jail and can't harm anyone ever again." I say.
"We're all happy that he's in jail." She says and a girl from the group; Lina now comes walking out to the bathroom.
"Alex is asking for you." She says.
"Alex?" Robyn says smiling. "Is he your guy or something?"
"No, I just met him tonight but he's really hot." I say.
"Oh.. I see." Robyn laughs. "Well, I might join you later girl."
"You better do." I say and she hugs me.
"It was good to see you again." She says.
"You too." I say.

I walk back out to Alex and his friends. Alex immediately takes my hand when I come near him.
"I ordered some shots." He says in my ear. I'm already very drunk but hey.. I feel like drinking more so I grab a shot.
"You send Lina out looking for me." I say and drink the strong shot which burns in my throat.
"I wanted to make sure that you were still here." He says and pulls me closer. He kisses my cheek gently and I smile from his affection.
"Do girls usually run away from you?" I giggle.
"No but you're one of the bad girls." He says husky in my ear. "One of those girls you have to keep interested."
"So far you've been doing good." I tell him.
"I see." He says and nibbles on my ear. Right now I just wanna do things without caring about the consequences. Right now I wanna be wild and I wanna sleep with Alex, I wanna live in the moment. I turn my head and kiss him which turns into a heated eagerly kiss. I hear one of his friends say something about our kiss but I don't even listen.
"Let's walk to the par." Alex says against my lip before he kisses them one more time. He takes my hand and we walk up to the bar where he orders me another drink. We are flirting and talking for awhile, I find out that he works as a salesman and he's lived in Detroit for 5 years.

Suddenly some girl gets in between us and looks deadly at me. What's her problem? I don't recognize her at all and as far as I know then I don't have beef with anyone.
"Back the fuck off bitch." She orders me.
"What?" I ask confused.
"Camille." Alex says. He knows her?
"You heard me." She just says and I look at Alex now very confused. "Are you fucking deaf bitch?"
"No, I just think I'm looking for an explanation." I try to be kind to this rude bitch. I don't came here to seek drama, I came to have fun.
"You're flirting with my guy!" She hisses.
"Your guy?" I ask surprised.
"Camille, will you.."
"You have a fucking girlfriend?!" I look at him deadly now. I don't wanna be that girl and I refuse to sleep with a taken guy.
"No, she's not my girlfriend Amelia, I swear."
"It's the last time I'm gonna ask you to back the fuck off!" Camille warns me. Seriously.. I've had enough of this bitch already and she's getting on my damn nerves.
"Will you shut the fuck up for just one second?" I ask her.
"Camille, you need to understand that it's over." Alex speaks softly to her, he probably doesn't wanna make her more angry and she turns around to face him.
"You fucked me 3 days ago! You can't keep telling me that it's nothing." She says and she turns around to look at me again.
"Find another toy for the night slut." She tells me. Now I've had enough.
"You seriously need to calm the fuck down and stop cursing me out." I warn her.
"Back the fuck off!" She hisses and gets in my face now. Alex tries to pull her away but she's very determined to be in my face.
"I would highly suggest that you get out of my face now." I say coldly not letting her intimidate me.
"I highly suggest you back the fuck off." She says.
"As long as he ain't your boyfriend." I say and look at Alex. "And you don't want me to leave, do you Alex?" I ask him.
"No, I just need.." he says but before he gets to speak more then Camille turns around and push him back by his chest.
"You're unbelievable!" She yells at him.
"Camille, let's talk about this tomorrow." He suggests. Could she just get lost because right now she's cock blocking me. Camille turns around and look at me, I smile at her to rub in her face that I won, but before I realize it then she grabs my hair and smash my head down on the counter on the bar. I swing my elbow back and I hit her, I don't know where but enough to get her off my back. I feel blood dripping down my chest from my face, I have no idea where it comes from. Luckily I'm so drunk that it eases the pain a lot.
I grab Camille's hair and I wanna pull it down to my knee, but sadly she's prepared so she fights it. Instead I force her down to the ground where I keep hitting her but she's a feisty bitch and she's impossible to get on top on for very long, so we keep rolling around hitting and kicking each other.
"Amelia!" I hear Robyn's voice and Camille now has me on my stomach where pulls my head up...