Chapter 14 Tough talks

Things are pretty great. It's been 3 weeks since Amy has seen Marshall but she talks about him and the girls a lot. I haven't really heard much from Marshall other than he's a bit busy. This is what I've feared, I feared that Amy would get crazy with him and then he'll be too busy to keep up the contact regularly. I know that Ken would rather see Marshall back off because all this bothers him. I can feel him get irritated when Amy asks about Marshall, it's not something that Amy notices but I do. I can't blame him because we've been his family for so long now and now Marshall steps in on his territory. I've talked to Tasha btw and she's done being mad at me. She's 8 weeks along and her and Lucas are so excited to become parents. I can't wait to see her stomach grow and all that stuff.
"Mom? Do you think that Marshall brings Whitney next time he visits grandma?" Amy now asks me as we eat dinner.
"No I don't think so honey." I say as I know that Marshall won't bring his girls here to visit Rachel or me and Ken for that sake.
"When am I gonna play with Whitney again?" She asks.
"I don't know." I say and I look at Ken who once again just looks down to his food. I can see that this bothers him.

Amy doesn't talk more about it but I'm so pissed at Marshall at this point. I'm pissed that Amy misses him and he then doesn't have the time to see her.
We eat our dinner and Ken and Amy goes to the living room to play a game that Ken has promised her to play. I look at my phone and I can't help myself now so I call Marshall walking into the bedroom and close the door after me m.

"Yeah." He says coldly when he picks up.
"It's been 3 weeks Marshall." I remind him.
"I know man." He sighs. "I've just been crazy busy."
"I don't care because Amy is constantly asking about you. This is exactly what I predicted would happen Marshall and I don't want you to disappoint her." I say.
"What exactly did you predict?" He asks.
"You not having the time for her." I say.
"I would have the fucking time if she was here in Detroit. I can't just fucking travel to New York every week Amelia, just like you can't travel to Detroit." He says irritated.
"Then maybe we should drop this."
"Maybe you should be fucking careful what you say Amelia."
"No because this is affecting my family and my relationship!"
"Your relationship? If anything is affecting your relationship then it's your lies. I'm not affecting anything, I am doing the right fucking thing and if you just had been honest from the start then we wouldn't be in this fucking situation, so don't you fucking put this shit on me!" He gets angry with me now.
"I'm not gonna argue with you about that again." I say.
"Then stop talking shit."
"Make some time for your daughter." I demand.
"I'm fucking trying. I'm actually trying to clear my fucking schedule next week!" He raises his voice now.
"Good Marshall. Then you better make it work." I say.
"Drop that fucking attitude and that arrogant shit you have going on Amelia, because you know damn well that I'm not the person you should act like that to."
"This is about my daughter's happiness so no.."
"It's my daughter too and you know damn well that I'll do anything for her. If it was up to me then she would live with me so I could see her all the time but that's just not how it is." He cut me off.
"Or how it will be." I say.
"Don't be smart Amelia." He hisses.
"Just contact me when you wanna see her in next week."
"Yeah."
"Maybe we should do something together with Ken?" I suggest as he promised me that he would try.
"Not when I haven't seen her for 3 weeks."
"That's really not our fault." I remind him.
"No Amelia but I have a fucking job that ties me up sometimes." He bites my head off.
"It needs to happen."
"Yeah and it will happen but you gotta give me some time."
"Why? You didn't give me much time to adjust to all this."
"You've had years to adjust so shut your mouth." He says. "It's unbelievable how you're looking for trouble all the fucking time. Do you miss some drama in your life? Is that it?"
"No it just follows you around Marshall. There was no drama in my life before you came into it again."
"Trust me.. Being in your life is not something I enjoy."
"Then stay out of it."
"I'm so fucking close to take this to the court if you don't drop your fucking bullshit. Do you hear me? This is a fucking warning Amelia because I ain't playing, I will hire a fucking lawyer and sue your ass, make sure that the whole world knows what a lying cunt you are. Is that what you want?" He bursts out now. I hate when he gets like this, I hate that I can't confront him about anything without him being like this. I hate that he has the power, because I know that if he takes this to court then I'll lose.
"No Marshall, I just.."
"Then shut the fuck up!" He cuts me off. "Because next time I won't hesitate to do it!"
"Will you relax?" I ask trying to talk him down.
"It's unbelievable that I have to become like this before you fucking get it Amelia." He says. "You really know how to piss me off."
"I'm trying to make you understand." I say.
"No you're threatening me." He says.
"No Marshall, I'm not." I say.
"I don't wanna waste my time on this shit, Imma call you during next week." He says and hangs up.

I feel the urge to throw my phone into the wall in anger but I don't. I fucking hate him so much!
Ken now comes walking into the bedroom.
"What's up?" He asks as he can probably tell that I'm upset.
"I hate him Ken." I say and I begin to cry mostly in anger. "I fucking hate him." Ken comes over and sit down next to me.
"What did he say?" He asks me.
"He's gonna come visit next week but he's so damn mean. I can't speak my mind without him talking down to me." I say.
"You know that his behavior makes it a lot harder for me to be nice to him when I meet him, right?" He asks.
"We all have to behave for Amy's sake." I say.
"I know baby." He says and I become quite mostly because I don't wanna bother him with my problems with Marshall. "I'm afraid that he's gonna steal Amy from me."
"She's never gonna live with him Ken." I promise him.
"I know but you know.. Steal her love." He explains. "What about the day when she knows that he's her real father? It's so much cooler to have Eminem as your father."
"He's just a part time dad baby, you're always there and that's what she's gonna appreciate." I say.
"Look how crazy she is about him already." He points out.
"Because it's new honey." I say. Someday it won't be so exciting no more, it's just exiting because it's new and she really likes Marshall and his family.
"I hope you're right." He sighs. "Haven't you ever thought about getting another kid with me?" He now takes me by surprise as it's never even been a subject. We have always been good with just Amy and we have never talked about it.
"I thought you were good with Amy." I frown.
"I am." He assures. "But another one wouldn't hurt. Amy would have so much joy with a sibling, don't you think?"
"Well.. Yeah.. But I don't know." I say. I've been so good with Amy and I honestly don't need to get more children, I'm so good with Amy but I don't wanna hurt Ken's feelings.
"You don't want a kid with me?" He frowns.
"It's not that I don't want a kid with you Ken but I'm good with Amy, you know? I don't really crave for another child." I explain.
"I do." He admits.
"I just don't think it's a good time right now." I say. Amy doesn't need more confusion in her life than she already has at the moment.
"It doesn't need to be right now." He says.
"Okay." I say. I feel so uncomfortable right now because I kinda feel that I need to make his dream come true when I don't want to.
Amy now comes walking into the bedroom in perfect timing so we don't to talk more about this.

Hoped you liked the chapter.. Share me your thoughts about it, I love each of your views on my chapters <3