Chapter 39 I hate that you're right!

Me and Amy have been staying in Detroit for 4 weeks now and I can feel that the whole situation is bothering Amy. I can't blame her, her what she thinks is her father isn't around, she misses her grandma and it's very confusing for her why exactly we're here. She's having fun with the girls and all but she needs answers and explanations which is very hard to give her.
I've just put Amy to bed which has probably taken two hours because she was crying and constantly whining, also a sign that something isn't right. Amy has never really been the child who wouldn't sleep or was complaining about everything before sleep, so I know something is going on with her.

I throw myself down on the couch next to Marshall with a big sight. It's the third night that I'm going through this with her and it's draining me.
"Damn, she's not an easy lady to get to sleep recently." Marshall says.
"No." I just say and I look at him to see him looking back at me. "She's confused."
"What's your plan?" He asks knowing what I mean.
"What's our plan, Marshall?" I ask. We're her parents and we should make this decision together.
"What do you think she needs?" Marshall asks me.
"Answers." I say.
"So you think we should tell her?" He asks.
"Yes but I have no idea how." I sigh.
"You should explain to her that you're gonna stay with Rachel when you get home." Marshall says.
"But she needs a father." I say.
"She has a father." He frowns.
"I know but right now she thinks Ken is her father and he just abandoned her. I have to explain her that and then explain her that he's not really her father." I begin to cry now as I drag my knees up underneath my chin. "What have I done?" I bury my face in my knees.
"Hey, it's gonna be alright." He says and pulls me in for a hug. "Just give it some time."
"I really understand to mess things up." I cry.
"You really do." He chuckles. "But it's alright cus you seem to get it now."
"That must really satisfy you." I say.
"I'm not gonna lie, it really does." He says. "Cus now you can change it."
"I really regret it Marshall." I cry. "I regret that I ran off instead of dealing with the problems. I regret being such a coward."
"Good." He says.
"Will you try being more sympathetic?" I ask pulling away from him now getting slightly pissed.
"What do you want me to say?" He asks. "It's the true. I think it's good that it's finally become clear to you."
"But I feel like shit." I cry.
"Yeah but be happy that you've hopefully learned from your mistakes instead and that you can now move forward." Marshall says.
"Yeah." I just sigh. "I really need a long shower." I get up from the couch and Marshall just nods. I go upstairs and get the bathtub ready and then I check my phone, Rachel has texted me.

Rachel (7:22pm)
Hi honey. I miss you and Amy so much and I hope you're doing well and everything is working out in Detroit. Do you know when you're coming home? I don't wanna put pressure on you but I really miss you. XOXOXO

Reply to Rachel (8:41pm)
I miss you too! Me and Marshall have actually talked about all this so I think me and Amy are gonna come home soon. It's just so hard for me because it means that I have to tell Amy that Ken isn't around anymore, but I can feel that Amy needs answers and explanations for what's going on around her.

I get into the bathtub and I make sure to keep my phone nearby. The warm water feels so good on my skin and it's just so relaxing.

Rachel (8:47pm)
I understand honey. It must feel horrible to have to tell Amy that but you know we'll get through it and you know that I'm going to be there. What about Marshall in all this? Are you going to tell her that Marshall is her father?

Reply to Rachel (8:52pm)
Yes but first me and Amy need to go back to New York so she understands that we're living with you now.

Rachel (8:55pm)
Just give me an update when you know when that is

Reply to Rachel (8:57pm)
I will. Love you!

I sit in the bathtub for good 45 minutes before I wrap a towel around me and walk downstairs. Normally I put on some clothes but I'm curious about Marshall's reaction if he sees me almost naked. I'm impatient. I know what I want and I want Marshall and I'm tired of waiting. I understand why he's careful but come on, it's me! He's known me since I was 15! He knows what he gets! I know it's a sneaky trick but I play dirty, really dirty.

I walk into the living room and Marshall's eyes immediately falls on me.
"Can you just help me, please?" I ask.
"With what?" He asks.
"My shoulder hurts. I think I've stretched a muscle or made a wrong movement. It really hurts." I lie and walk over to him.
"Yeah, sure." He says sounding a little confused. "But could.. don't you want some clothes on?"
"Does it bother you?" I frown.
"No it's just.." he says and pauses. "I just asked."
"There isn't anything you haven't seen before." I say and sit between his spread legs with my back against him.
"That's the problem." He mumbles.
"Why?" I ask and he begins to massage my shoulder.
"Never mind." He just says.
"No, tell me." I push it. "Why is it a problem?"
"Cus I'm attracted to what's underneath that towel Amelia." He gets irritated with me.
"You can have it." I say. "You know that."
"Don't say that shit." He says.
"Why?" I ask. "It's the truth."
"Cus I ain't gonna stick my dick into to you before I trust you." He says.
"That's ironic." I say followed with a sarcastic laugh. I sure wouldn't be the first bitch he's fucked without trust. I bet he fucks women that he doesn't trust all the time.
"How come?" He asks. I don't even enjoy the massage anymore because I get so upset.
"Because you've fucked a lot of women without trusting them." I say.
"Yeah but that's all it is: sex." Marshall says. "It's not like that with you."
"Yeah whatever." I say and get up but Marshall grabs my hips and forces me down again.
"What do you want, Amelia?" Marshall sighs deeply. I want him. I wanna feel close to him and I want us to be something.
"I just wanna be close to you." I say sadly. "I just wanna feel you."
"Are you really willing to complicate things?" He asks but before I get the chance to answer then he continues talking. "This is your chance to think it through. Are you willing to deal with all the bullshit that comes with it? You're dealing with enough bullshit right now and I doubt that you can handle what comes along with it, you know.. the resistance you're gonna meet with Kim and the girls."
"No one has to know." I say and lean back against his chest.
"Amelia." Marshall sighs deeply. "Don't make me reject you."
"Would you do that?" I ask as I doubt that he really could right now.
"Don't make another mistake." He says softly. He's not a mistake and I wouldn't regret it.
"Are you saying it'll be a mistake?" I ask confused.
"I'm saying that we should take one step at the time." Marshall says. "I mean.. Amy doesn't even know the truth yet so it wouldn't be smart for us to reunite when all the pieces ain't fitting yet."
"Can you say no to me?" I ask softly.
"No but please don't do it Amelia." Marshall begs. "Think rational."
"If it stays between us then it won't complicate anything." I say and move my hand up his thigh.
"We just found a way to get along. Don't fuck it up already." Marshall says. I hate that he's right! "Don't rush it. We both know how that's gonna end."
"I hate that you're right." I hiss irritated and stand up.
"Don't get mad." Marshall says.
"I'm not." I say. "I feel like an idiot." I walk towards the door.
"Amelia.."
"I'm going to bed." I just say. I feel so stupid for thinking that I'd ever work and I feel like I just made a fool out of myself. Marshall is right; we just find a way to get along and now I was ready to fuck it up. I'm so fucking destructive! I think it's time for me and Amy to go back to New York because I need a break from Marshall. He's too irresistible and I can't think straight around him.

Hi guys. What do you think? What do you think is gonna happen when Amy and Amelia go back to New York? Comment and vote! And thanks for reading my story :)