Chapter 40 Explaining

Tomorrow is the day that me and Amy go home to New York and Marshall has promised me to sit down and explain her what's gonna happen in the future with her with me.
"Amy." I say as me and Marshall walk into the play room where she plays with dolls. Marshall has a play room and he's had that since Hailie and Alaina were younger, even though they're too old now then he still has it, luckily for Amy. Amy looks up at me waiting for me to go on. "Me and Marshall need to talk to you." I say softly. I sit down on the floor in front of her and I see Marshall does the same afterwards. "When we get home to New York then things aren't going to be as they usually are."
"What do you mean?" She asks confused.
"We are going to live with grandma." I inform her.
"Is daddy gonna be there?" She asks and my heart is breaking all over again.
"No honey, he's not." I say softly.
"But.. where is daddy going to live then?" She asks.
"In his own house." I say.
"Why aren't we going to live together with daddy?" She frowns.
"Because me and daddy aren't together anymore." I explain softly. Holy shit.. this is hard.
"Are daddy not your boyfriend anymore?" She asks and I shake my head. "Why not?"
"Sometimes it just doesn't work." I shrug.
"But how am I going to see daddy then? Mommy.. I miss him." She whines.
"Amy, sweetie." I say. "It's just gonna be me and you from now on."
"But.. what happened to daddy?" She asks.
"Nothing happened." I say and I look at Marshall hoping that he'll take the lead now.
"Sometimes grown ups make silly decisions and that's even difficult for grown ups to understand." Marshall says now. "Your momma loves you, Amy and she'll do anything for you. That's what you'll have to remember."
"Doesn't daddy love me?" She asks with tears building in her eyes.
"Of course he does." I say. This just makes me think that it'd be easier if Ken was dead then I could at least give her a reason. "But daddy has his reasons to why he doesn't want to be a part of our lives anymore and we just have to accept that."
"But why?" She asks almost crying now.
"I don't know." I say honestly. I don't understand why he would break Amy's heart just because he's angry with me.
"Like I said; sometimes grown ups make decision that even other grown ups can't understand." Marshall says once again. "But you have your mom and grandma and you also have me, Laney, Hailie, Whitney and Kim." Amy just looks down to the floor and she doesn't say anything.
"So tomorrow we're gonna go home to grandma and we're gonna stay there." I say.
"Why can't we stay here?" Amy mumbles and this must make Marshall so happy, but I just recognize myself in her which is so scary when she's only 5. She wants to stay here because it's nice and it's not reality where she has to go home and face that her dad has left.
"Because grandma misses us." I say.
"But why can't grandma come here?" She asks.
"Because we live in New York sweetie and I have to go back to work." I explain.
"When are we gonna come back?" Amy asks. Wow.. she really likes to be here.
"Well.. I don't know yet." I say and look at Marshall.
"Maybe next time I'll come to New York." Marshall tries to make her feel better.
"That is not the same Marshall." She gives him bit of an attitude and I can't help but giggle even though she really shouldn't have an attitude.
"You think it's funny?" Marshall smirks and I nod as I giggle. "Well I wonder where she got it from."
"Yeah me too." I say. Both me and Marshall have an attitude.

We have a really nice day together and Marshall manages to cheer Amy up, he's really good at doing that lately and Amy seeks him a lot which is only good.
Today Marshall is also the one putting her to bed by her choice so meanwhile I just sit on the couch watching some tv.
Marshall comes down after 15 minutes which is a lot quicker than I expected.
"Wow, that didn't take long." I say surprised.
"Of course not, it's me." He says cocky as he's smiling.
"Cocky prick." I roll my eyes and Marshall grabs my feet.
"What did you say?" He asks.
"Cocky prick." I giggle and Marshall pulls me down from the couch now and I scream for him to stop but I can't help but giggle. It's funny how his mood and behavior towards me changes sometimes. He has his moments where he's really playful with me but other times he just keeps distanced. "Stop!" I laugh when I feel my ass hit the floor but he drags me the whole way down.
"I refuse to let rude bitches use my couch." He smiles.
"Then you should find another place to sit too." I laugh and I can see that he gives me the look which tells me I just challenged him.
"You're way too much of a smart ass right now." He warns me.
"Uh.. I'm shaking." I provoke him.
"I hope you like water." He says and begins to drag me along the floor. I know what his plan is and that is to throw me into the pool.
"No!" I laugh and I kick my legs free. I turn around to push myself up and when I'm finally up, that's where Marshall grabs me and throws me over his shoulder. "Marshall no!" I laugh as he begins to walk into the pool area with me.
"Hush, you're gonna wake up Amy." He chuckles.
"Please Marshall I'm sorry." I beg as we stand in front of the pool.
"Are you done being such a fucking smart ass?" He asks.
"Yes!"
"Good." He says and puts me down, but that's now when I see my chance to push him into the pool so I do, but unfortunately Marshall is quick enough to grab me so I go down with him. "I'm so gonna fucking drown you." He laughs as he grabs me.
"Marshall!" I scream and he pushes me under the water but he pulls me up again.
"You fucking bitch." He says smiling and I just smile. "Don't smile like that."
"Then don't make me smile." I giggle but his face becomes more serious and I realize that he ain't joking now, no.. it brings something up in him apparently but I can't just stop smiling, I can't stop smiling when I look at him.
"You know what it does to me." He says and I move closer to him now and before I even realize it then I kiss him. I expect him to push me away but he doesn't, no.. he kisses me back. He grabs my ass and wraps my legs around him and then I feel my back hit the edge of the pool. I can't explain how fucking good it feels to feel his lips against mine again. I've been craving for his lips for weeks now and now I finally feel them again.
"Fuck." Marshall breaks the kiss and leans his forehead against my forehead. I stay silent mostly because I'm nervous to speak. "Amelia, we can't.."
"I know." I cut him off. I know that it's just gonna become complicated and that we should wait but I couldn't help it. "I'm sorry."
"Don't apologize." He says softly and kisses my forehead. "I didn't quite stop you." He chuckles.
"Maybe it's a good thing that I go home to New York tomorrow." I say. Me and Marshall need some distance from each other because the temptation seems to get stronger.
"What? Why?" He frowns apparently being offended.
"You said it yourself; it's bad timing." I say. "and maybe a little time apart will gain us more control."
"Hopefully." He chuckles. "But I'm gonna miss you and Amy being around." He says and puts me down.
"We're gonna miss it here as well." I admit.
"Go up and put some clothes on before we accidentally take this any further." He says following with a smile.
"Yeah." I giggle and get up from the pool.

Sorry it took me this long to update but I've been busy :) I hope you liked the chapter. Don't forget to share your opinion and don't forget to vote XO