Chapter 25 Amy's birthday

4 months later

Things are pretty good and it's now Amy's birthday that we are gonna celebrate in our house with Ken's parents, Rachel, Jamie, Ken's brother; David and even Marshall are coming. Marshall is gonna make an exception today as it's Amy's birthday but that also means that we had to explain a lot of things to Ken's parents and his brother. I bet I'm not quite Ken's parent's favorite person right now but I'm at least David's favorite since he's a huge Eminem fan.
I've been up very early to prepare this party for her and people are gonna come over at 2 to celebrate her birthday. Right now there's a lot of things to be done still as it's only 9AM and me and Ken are gonna wake up Amy in just a minute. I can't believe that she's already 5 years old, where has time gone?
"Are you ready?" Ken asks me and kisses me.
"I am." I say and we walk into Amy's room and we're being very careful not to wake her as we want to wake her with a birthday song.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Amy, happy birthday to you.."

She wakes up quickly which is unusual for her, unless she's really excited like she is today on her birthday of course. We have a little morning gift ready for her that she immediately opens. She gets very happy with her new clothes, Amy is obsessed with clothes. I guess she has that from me.
We eat breakfast together and we have a very enjoyable breakfast. After breakfast I have to go on with my duties, but Ken keeps Amy entertained meanwhile. I can't tell how much I'm glad that me and Ken have worked things out. We are really doing good, specially because I've really kept my distance to Marshall. Me and Amy haven't visited Detroit either and Marshall is beginning to complain about that, but what can I do? I'm so afraid that Ken is gonna get insecure if I go there. I do need to go to Detroit very soon as Tasha is gonna pop her baby in the end of March. I know that Amy wants to visit Marshall and it would be the perfect opportunity, I just don't know how to explain it to Ken. Maybe I should just take him with me and then we can find another place to stay while we're there .

The time flies and suddenly the guests begin to arrive, as I expected then Ken's parents don't seem so happy with me right now, specially not his mother. They only say hi and not another word. His mom usually helps me in the kitchen but not today, today she practically ignores me.
David now arrives and he comes out in the kitchen and gives me a hug.
"What's up?" He asks me.
"Your parents hate me." I giggle, not because I think it's funny but mostly to not sound whining as it's kinda my own fault.
"You're not their favorite right now, no." He chuckles. "But they'll come around."
"I hope so." I say smiling.
"They just have to take it in." He says and I now see Marshall walking into the kitchen with Rachel by his site.
"Hi." I say to them and Rachel gives me a hug, to my surprise Marshall also gives me a hug. "Have you said hi to Amy yet?" I ask him.
"No." Marshall says.
"Come." I say as I walk out of the kitchen. I know that Marshall doesn't wanna go in there because Amy is sitting with Ken and his parents. "Amy, have you seen who's arrived?" She looks up and a smile spreads across her lips when she sees Marshall behind me. She jumps down from Viviana's (Ken's mom) lap and runs over to Marshall. She jumps right into his arms and he lifts her up and hugs her.
"Hi princess." He says softly to her and she doesn't say anything, she just keeps hugging him. "Happy birthday."
"Thank you." She says. I look at Viviana who just glares at Amy and Marshall which pisses me off. It's obvious that she can't stand Amy being so happy with Marshall. I walk over to Ken and lean my head on his shoulder only to get close to his ear.
"Please control your mom. Marshall feels awkward enough about being here and he doesn't need your mom to bad eyeing him." I say and I see Ken look in her direction.
"You know how she is.."
"I don't care. Either you say something or I do." I cut him off. I know that he doesn't want me to say something to her. Ken now walks over to his mom and I look back at Marshall and Amy. I walk back out to the kitchen as more things need to get done and Jamie joins me.
"Are you nervous?" She asks me knowing me damn too well.
"Yes. Mostly because you can cut the tension with a knife in there." I say. Marshall now comes walking out to the kitchen and I see him looking at Jamie curious.
"That's Jamie, the nanny." I tell him.
"I'm Marshall." He sticks his hand out to her.
"I know." She says smiling.
"What's the woman's problem in there Amelia? She keeps bad eyeing me." He asks.
"It's Ken's mom and Ken is talking to her right now." I say. "She's gonna stop."
"What's her problem?" Marshall asks.
"That you're suddenly in Amy's life." I explain. "She's also angry with me but apparently she can't put it aside, not even on Amy's birthday."
"Fuck her man." He mumbles. I can't even blame him for saying that so I don't say anything. He looks at Jamie again and I can see her blush, it must be weird for her being in the same room with a big star like Marshall.
"Amelia." I hear Ken call me so I walk into the living room to see Amy sitting in front of one of her big gifts ready to unpack it. "Can you help her?"
"Of course." I say smiling and sit down next to her. We unpack the big gift from Rachel and it turns out to be a dollhouse which Amy is very excited about. Afterwards I walk out to the kitchen to find Marshall and Jamie talking. Marshall is standing very close to her and she's giggling. He better not be flirting with her!
"Could you maybe go in and throw all the paper out?" I ask Jamie.
"Yes, of course." She says and leaves the kitchen which leaves me and Marshall alone.
"You better not be flirting with her." I say as I walk over to the cake that I was about to prepare before.
"Wow.. we were just talking." He says.
"Good." I say coldly.
"If I didn't know better then I would think you're jealous." Marshall says which makes me glare at him.
"Don't smother yourself." I say.
"You would get angry if I hit on her, right?" He asks.
"Yes, but not because I'm jealous but because she's my nanny Marshall." I say annoyed.
"She's a fine chick though." He smiles making my anger rise.
"And she's only 24." I remind him and he just shrugs. "I mean it Marshall." I prefer that my nanny hasn't been fucking my baby daddy.
"You're never gonna decide who I'm sticking my dick into." He chuckles and shake his head.
"Amy adores Jamie so I would prefer that you don't ruin anything." I say.
"You would actually fire her if she slept with me?" He asks.
"I would." I say honestly.
"Damn.. that's corny, you know." He says and if it was legal I would have hit him right now.
"Call me corny all you want but know that I'm serious." I say and Jamie now walks back in which stops the conversation.

We sit down to eat and Marshall sits himself next to Jamie and I just know he does it to provoke me. I just hope that Jamie is smart enough to not fall for his charm. Throughout the dinner, I loose more and more faith in her though. I know the flirting may seem very innocent but it's enough to make me angry. I can't believe that he tries to get easy pussy on his daughter's birthday.

After dinner I ask Jamie to help me clean the table which gives me the perfect opportunity to talk to her.
"I know Marshall can seem very flirtatious but he's like that as a person." I say. I don't want her to think that she's the only girl that he's kind to.
"I know." Jamie says smiling. "There's no need to worry about me."
"Good." I say.
"He promised me VIP tickets to his next show here in New York." She says which makes me drop a fork in surprise about what she just said. I quickly pick the fork up pretending that it wasn't because of what she just told me. I'm so fucking pissed at Marshall! He can choose to fuck whatever girl he likes but does he have to hit on Amy's babysitter, our nanny?!
"Really?" I try to play it cool.
"He's such a cool guy, so down to earth." Jamie says.
"Jamie." I sigh. I gotta tell her the truth so she knows what Marshall's intentions are. "I know he's only trying to get you into bed."
"Amelia, you don't understand. Eminem has been my big idol for years." She says.
"But he's my ex boyfriend, Amy's dad." I frown. She's talking about him as he's Eminem and not a part of Amy's life, this family.
"But you're not still in love with him, are you?" She asks. Now I can really tell that she's only 24.
"No but I prefer that the two of us haven't slept with the same men and I don't want things to get awkward." I say.
"But I don't understand what the problem is if you don't have feelings for him." She frowns.
"The problem is that he's Amy's father, Jamie." I say strictly this time. I can't believe that I have to act like a mother to her right now to make her understand.
"But I'm not turning down free VIP tickets just because you have some personal issue." She says. This is a side that I haven't seen of Jamie before and I don't like it all. This attitude and rudeness that she shows is unacceptable.
"I haven't asked you to but I'm telling you what Marshall's intentions are with these tickets and I would prefer if you just sticked to watching his concert." I say.
"I would never step on your toes Amelia so I'm really offended that you'll think, that I would sleep with him if you gotta problem with it." She frowns.
"Good." I just say and an awkward silence comes over us. I know that she wouldn't have the strength to resist him.

Amy's birthday continues just fine and I decide to not react more on it and just talk to Marshall outside when he leaves. I think it's disgusting to look at though but today is about Amy. I'm so angry at Marshall and I could smack him for running my day like this when it's our daughters birthday. Shouldn't he focus on Amy instead?
When Marshall leaves I walk with him outside and tells him that I need to talk to him.
"If you're gonna say something about Jamie then you're waisting your time." Marshall says as soon as we close the door.
"Why do you think I'm gonna say something about that?" I ask just to be curious.
"Jamie told me what you said in the kitchen to her and do I need to mention how you've sending me angry eyes all day?" He asks. I can't believe that Jamie told him.
"It's your daughter's birthday Marshall, your focus shouldn't be on flirting with the nanny but on your daughter!" I hiss.
"Do you think I've felt welcome here, huh Amelia?" He frowns. "The only one who actually wants to talk to me is Jamie."
"Fine but flirting with her and inviting her to your concert is way over the line." I say.
"Why don't you just keep your nose the fuck away from my business and give your man some attention before he leaves your ass again." He says being so fucking mean.
"Fuck you Marshall." I say.
"You wish." He just says and walk away. I walk back inside where people is staring crazy at me.
"What?" I ask.
"Maybe we should leave." Viviana says and grabs her purse.
"Why?" I ask and look at Ken who doesn't even look back at me.
"Bye Amy." Viviana hugs Amy and the same does David and Richard. I try to make eye contact with Ken without luck. Rachel leaves with them and it's just very weird.

So.. what do you think is going on?