Chapter 34 Cameron

Me and Amy are walking into the hospital. Tasha just gave birth and we want to meet her and Lucas's little baby boy; Cameron. Amy is so freaking excited to see the little baby, she practically hasn't been talking about anything else since I told her.
We walk down the long hall as I already know which room she's in.
We reach the room and I see Lucas sitting with Cameron in his arms as Tasha lays on the bed sleeping. How I wish I had that when I gave birth to Amy. Trust me, I cried so hard in the hospital because I wanted Marshall there. I was so close from calling him until I remembered I made the choice myself and involving him that late would just complicate things again. Giving birth to Amy was hard, I know it's not easy to give birth but I was in labor for 46 hours, so yeah.. I could have used a boyfriend, I could have used Marshall by my side. Rachel was there though and she was a really good help.
I remember how hard it was to look at Amy for the first period of time without thinking too much about Marshall. I remember how many times I had to stop myself from calling him.
Lucas now looks up when he hears us walking into the room.
"Yo." Lucas whispers.
"Hi." I say.
"Mommy.." she says loudly and I shush her because Tasha is sleeping, but now it's too late because Tasha opens her eyes.
"Hi." She says in her tired voice.
"Sorry, she's been very excited." I say smiling.
"It's okay." Tasha says.
"Amy, come here and say hi to Cameron." Lukas encourages her and Amy walks over to him and Cameron. I walk over and sit down next to Tasha.
"How are you doing?" I ask.
"I'm exhausted." She says smiling.
"Of course." I say as I really remember how exhausted you are after giving birth.
"But he's all worth it." Tasha says.
"Marshall said congratulations." I say. Marshall wants to see Cameron as well but he's gonna wait until they come home. Hospital has too many eyes and he doesn't need all that attention.
"Thanks." Tasha says with a weak smile.
"How did he get out of your stomach?" Amy now asks taking me a little by surprise. I really hate to have these kind of conversations with her, because it always becomes awkward.
"Out through my vagina." Tasha just says right away sparing me from telling her. I love how forward Tasha is.
"Eww!" Amy says with a disgusted look on her face.  
"That's how babies are born." I say to her to let her know that it's a total natural thing.
"Did I come out of your vagina?" Amy asks with a disgusted look on her face.
"You did." I confirm.
"That's disgusting." She says.
"No Amy, it's very natural." I tell her.

We stay at the hospital for a few hours. Cameron is so cute and he's so tiny, I almost can't remember that Amy has been so small.
Tasha and Lucas are so happy and I'm positive that they are gonna be great parents. They're lucky to experience this together. I never realized how much I've been missing, I never realized that I wanted that until now. When I was pregnant, when I gave birth and when I became a mom then it was all about surviving, so I haven't realized what I missed. Again, I know I chose that but seeing Tasha and Lucas makes me realize how much I want that, how much I wished that I could've make things differently. I know I wouldn't have been able to trust Marshall back then but his support would have been nice. This is the first time I question my choice.

We drive home to Marshall after visiting the hospital. Amy talks a lot about Cameron and she's very excited. I think she's so excited because this is her first time experiencing a baby.
We walk into the house and I try to locate Marshall but as me and Amy walk around we can't find him. I know that when he's not in the main house then he's in the studio so I walk down there. I open the door into the studio to see Marshall mixing a beat. He apparently hears us so he turns around.
"Yo." He says and I sit down on a chair with Amy in my lap. "How did it go?"
"Good." I say.
"Cameron came out of Tasha's vagina." Amy says and I can tell that Marshall is very surprised about what Amy just said, because he looks at me and his mouth has dropped.
"Yes Amy found out how babies are born." I say followed with a laugh.
"Yeah, I sense that." Marshall chuckles. "Are you hungry?" He then asks. It's about dinner time so I know that Amy is hungry.
"A little." I say.
"Then let's get some food." Marshall says as he gets up.