Chapter 15 More troubles

I'm on my way over to Rachel to drop Amy off because today she's gonna see Marshall. I'm gonna leave again though because I'm not in the mood to look at Marshall. I hate him and specially after the argument we had.
"Mommy, don't daddy like Marshall?" Amy asks me now in the car taking me by surprise.
"Marshall and daddy don't really know each other. Daddy don't have a problem with Marshall but he doesn't really know him." I tell her.
"I think daddy would like Marshall." Amy says and I wonder why she thinks that.
"Do you?" I ask.
"Yes." She says. "They both like football."
"That's right." I say smiling.
"And they have the same shoes mommy, have you noticed that?" She giggles. Both Marshall and Ken have an obsession with Nike air shoes.
"I have." I say smiling. We reach Rachel's house and as I walk in I can hear her and Marshall laughing and talking in the kitchen.
"I remember." Rachel laughs hysterically.
"Man.. She was pissed." Marshall chuckles.
"Yes." She laughs and becomes serious as she continues. "But you always had a good grip on her Marshall, you always knew how to make her happy." Haven't they heard us come in?
"Ken is a good guy, right?" Marshall asks her now.
"Hello!" I make my appearance as I don't want Amy to overhear something she shouldn't. And since when does he care?
"Hi!" Rachel says and we walk out to the kitchen where Amy immediately hugs Marshall. Rachel looks at me smiling but I'm just curious what they talked about.
"Can I talk to you alone?" I ask her.
"Yes, sure." She frowns as she's clearly confused. She gets up and we walk in to the living room making sure that we're long enough distance away from the kitchen.
"What were you talking about?" I ask her.
"Just old days." She says smiling.
"Rachel be careful, he's sneaky.. I don't want him in my life more than necessary." I warn her.
"He has the same intentions." She says. She doesn't get it.
"You don't get it.."
"No you don't get it sweetie." She cuts me off. "Marshall's only intention with this is to get a relationship with Amy. He doesn't want anything to do with you like that." But I don't believe it. Why would he ask if Ken was a good guy then?
"Why does he care if Ken is a good guy then?" I ask.
"Because it is the man his daughter addresses as her dad." She gives me a bit of an attitude now.
"What the fuck is your problem?" I frown.
"That you can't let go Amelia." She serves it to me. "Sweetie.. It's not Marshall who's the problem here, it's you.. You have this crazy obsession with him and it's you who can't have him in your life because of it."
"Obsession?" I laugh now at how ridiculous it is.
"Marshall has always been the guy you loved the most and nothing can change that, but it's you who doesn't trust yourself here. Marshall is over you and you have to understand that. He's not gonna ruin anything, only you can do that if you don't let it go." She says.
"I have the perfect family, do you really think I would fuck that up for a guy who caused me so much pain?" I frown as what she just said has made me very angry.
"I hope not." She shrugs.
"I would never do that." I say and walk out to the kitchen as I don't wanna talk with her anymore right now. "Amy, can I get a hug before I go?" I ask her as I squat down. Amy comes over and hugs me quickly and she goes back to Marshall right after.

I drive home and I walk into Ken's office and he looks at me when I walk into the room.
"It looks like it didn't went so good." He frowns.
"It went fine." I say smiling as I don't wanna tell him about me and Rachel's talk.
"Are you sure?" He asks as he gets up from his chair.
"Yes." I say smiling lying once again. He now comes over and kisses me, it quickly becomes intense. These days we don't have much time together alone, because there's always something whether it's Amy, work or something else.
"What on earth are we gonna do with our spare time?" Ken chuckles against my lips.
"I have some suggestions." I giggle.
"Really?" He asks seductively as he lifts me up and wrap my legs around him. "I would love to hear them."
"We could fuck and after that we could fuck again and.."
"After that we could fuck again." He finishes my sentence.
"Exactly." I giggle. Ken lifts me into the bedroom where he throws me down on the bed. He begins to work on my body as he has his hands all over my body. I want him sooo bad... But.. My phone now rings but I choose to ignore it. Then it rings again.. And again and then Ken reaches out for it.
"It's Marshall." Ken frowns. Is he really gonna cock block me?! I pick up the phone.

"What?" I say irritated.
"Your dad just showed up." He says which makes me sit up. I haven't seen John since that day where I cut both him and Rachel off. If she's seeing him again then she's dead to me for good!
"What? Is Amy.. What?" I can't even find the words.
"Amy is inside with me but we were playing in the yard when he showed up. I think you better come over man." Marshall explains. I get out of bed as I walk towards the door.
"Marshall, is she seeing him again?"
"She seemed just as surprised as me when he showed up." He says.
"I'm gonna be there as fast as I can." I say and hang up.

"What's going on?" Ken asks as he follows me.
"My dad just showed up." I say as I take my shoes on.
"What?" Ken asks clearly confused.
"Just stay here." I ask him as I don't want him to come with me. I don't want to drag him into my family drama.
"No Amelia, I'm gonna come with you." He demands which makes me look at him.
"No." I say and then I just leave. It's not like I'm trying to be mean but I don't want him to meet my dad. I get out in the car and I drive in fast speed. Why is it that every time I have to deal with something then there's always gonna show some other bullshit up as well? I'm trying hard to deal with Marshall at the moment, I don't wanna have to deal with John!
When I arrive, I go straight to the backyard so Amy won't see me. I'm so ready to go off on John! I won't have him near my child or my fucking family for that sake. The closer I get the more I can hear him and Rachel arguing.
"John, you need to leave." I hear Rachel say.
"You loved me, we had something good going on and you gave it up because Amelia wouldn't approve. And now I find out that I have a grandchild and that she actually got a child with a drug addict, so who is she to judge?" I hear John day. This is the perfect timing!
"At least he knew how to take care of his family." I say and John turns around to face me. He should be happy that Marshall didn't hear what he just said.
"You've been judging my addiction for so many years, you never thought that I could change as a human but when it comes to Marshall then everything is apparently possible." John says. I'm not gonna tell him anything about what has happened because it doesn't concern him.
"You almost killed mom. You can't blame that on the alcohol or the drugs, you only do sorts of things if you are truly evil. It's never been about your addiction but about who you are as a person John." I say.
"Believe what you want Amelia but you ruined a good thing for me and Rachel. You couldn't let Rachel be happy because of your own selfishness." He blames me now.
"John, stop it!" Rachel shuts him up now. "I ended it because it was wrong."
"She's just as manipulating as Jane was." John says and that makes my anger rise even more.
"If you ever talk bad about mom again then I'll promise you; I'll rip your fucking tongue out so you can never speak again!" I hiss.
"John, leave now." Rachel demands.
"Rachel.." He tries.
"NOW!" She demands and he takes a couple of steps back. "And if you ever show up again then I'll call the police." She says. John now looks at me and sighs deeply.
"Your daughter is very beautiful, she looks just like you when you were a kid." He says and with those words he leaves.
"I swear Amelia, I.." She begins trying to explain.
"I know Rachel." I say softly. It's pretty obvious that this isn't her fault. "What did you tell Amy?" I ask her.
"Nothing. Marshall took her inside as soon as he saw John." She says and I just nod. I'm very thankful of Marshall's reaction and I'm so grateful that he was the one who was here and not Ken, as Marshall knows my story in details and has met John before. Ken knows my story but he doesn't know as much as Marshall does. It's understandable since me and Marshall have known each other for much longer time.
I walk inside where I hear the TV run and Marshall stands in the hallway, so Amy is obviously watching tv.
"Did she hear anything?" I ask Marshall.
"No, she has no clue." Marshall says.
"Thank you for doing what you did." I say.
"I just did what was necessary and what you would have done." He shrugs.
"Thank you anyways." I say.
"Are you okay?" He asks Rachel now. Well.. Don't worry about me!
"Yes, I think he got the message." Rachel says smiling.
"Good." He nods. Amy now appears in the hallway.
"Hi honey." I say smiling.
"Are we already going home?" She asks sadly.
"No baby. Mom just had to pick something up, I'm gonna take off again now." I tell her.
"No mommy, don't leave." She says sadly and hugs me.
"Hey, you're gonna have fun with Marshall and Rachel." I say.
"But I want you to stay." She begs. She weakens me when she begs like that.
"Fine.. Okay." I surrender.

What do you think? Do you think that Rachel is right? Is it Amelia who ruins it to herself? Do you think that she really has a obsession with Marshall?